facebook

An Update stopped eclispe launching

1. DevStyle
  2.  > 
  3. Theme Problems
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

jsarfraz
    Participant

Last week eclipse automatically started and completed the devStyle update.
    After update completion, I turned off pc.
    Now after trying to open the eclipse, its failing again and again by showing following log

java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: url
    	at org.eclipse.jface.resource.URLImageDescriptor.createImage(URLImageDescriptor.java:258)
    	at org.eclipse.jface.resource.ImageDescriptor.createImage(ImageDescriptor.java:224)
    	at org.eclipse.jface.resource.ImageDescriptor.createImage(ImageDescriptor.java:202)
    	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.initializeImages(Workbench.java:1898)
    	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createDisplay(Workbench.java:806)
    	at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createDisplay(PlatformUI.java:160)
    	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.createDisplay(IDEApplication.java:168)
    	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:111)
    	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
    	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)
    	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)
    	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:388)
    	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:243)
    	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
    	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:673)
    	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:610)
    	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1519)

Please let me know how to revert changes without opening the eclispe (as its throwing error) or is there any fix?

Thanks,
    Junaid

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #616151 Reply

Wojciech Galanciak
    Participant

Hi jsarfraz,

I am really sorry to hear that you have such a bad issue. As a workaround please:
    1. Open [eclipse_root_folder]/plugins folder.
    2. Remove com.genuitec.eclipse.theming.icon.designer_[version].jar.
    3. Start Eclipse.

That should solve the problem. It should not affect your regular work as it is not a main part of the theme.

Please let me know if it helped.

Kind regards,
    Wojciech Galanciak

#616165 Reply

jsarfraz
    Participant

Thanks for quick response.
    I have searched for the jar file you are referring to, but there is no com.genuitec.*.jar or com.genuitec.* folder in the [eclipse_root_folder]/plugins folder.

Junaid

#616166 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Junaid,

Just a sanity check, you haven’t already deleted any files in that folder, have you? I ask because I see some users online who have made similar suggestions.

If not, perhaps you are looking at the wrong folder, or the wrong Eclipse installation? If there are no com.genuitec.* files in your plugins folder, that would indicate a complete absence of any of our plugins, including DevStyle. Could you attach a screenshot, perhaps we’ll be able to spot something.

Thanks!

#616175 Reply

jsarfraz
    Participant

Brian,

You are right. By removing com.genuitec.eclipse.theming.icon.designer_1.11.0.201906121516.jar file, my eclipse is launching fine.
    P.S. The com.genuitec.* plugins found at MY_HOME_DIRECTORY/.p2/pool/plugins.

Thanks for quick help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: An Update stopped eclispe launching

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in