facebook

can’t add struts caps to an existing project [Closed]

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author

Riyad Kalla

NB can you explain in more detail what you mean about global forwards? Do you mean if your project has existing global forwards the wizard chokes, or if it has NO global forwards?

#210780 Reply

Riyad Kalla

FYI: I just created a normal web project and added all the struts jars to it and struts files from another project (copied them over) then added 3 global forwards and THEN used the MyEclipse > Add Struts Capabilities… and everytyhing worked fine.

#210900 Reply

nikbats

Hi Riyad,

We have existing struts projects created with the previous version of myeclipse and the projects have global forwards already (and the error is there). But today it looks like we found the problem. It is either:
    1. The .struts-config.mex file that was missing from the old version or
    2. That we start eclipse with the arguments -vmargs -Xmx256M.

NB

#210913 Reply

Riyad Kalla

NB, I’m glad it is working, please let us know if this continues to occur when we release GA.

#210932 Reply

a4dev2

Note that I had the exact same problem, but I discovered that I had a few bogus whitespace characters in the beginning of my struts-config.xml file. Removing them with UltraEdit did the trick.
    Scott

#210934 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Note that I had the exact same problem, but I discovered that I had a few bogus whitespace characters in the beginning of my struts-config.xml file.

This is an interesting find, what do you mean by bogus? Did they look like little boxes? COuld you have removed them with the XML editor? (I’m wondering why you had to use UltraEdit).

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
Reply To: can’t add struts caps to an existing project [Closed]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in