facebook

Cannot move away from Darkest Dark

1. DevStyle
  2.  > 
  3. Theme Problems
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

sbelt
    Participant

I installed the Darkest Dark theme, but decided I did not care for it. (It just wasn’t “my cup of tea”) So I tried to switch back to one of the default themes with the white background, but my .js files still use a default font of white, so the text is not visible on the white background. I have tried changing my theme to Windows and Windows Classic (as suggested to other users I found in this forum), but the text remains white.

How do I fix the font colors for .js files?

Thanks!
    Steve B.

Attachments:
    Screenshot-white-text.png shows the not-seen white text
    Screenshot-text-selected I selected all content so you can see the hidden text

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #529312 Reply

Aaron Lara

@sbelt, sorry you are having issues with Darkest Dark. When you uninstall Darkest Dark, or switch back to another theme, it’s expected to restore your previous preferences, that’s why it’s weird it’s failing this way, unless oomph is overriding preferences (we have been having issues with oomph lately, and we are aiming to have a fix for that).

One quick thing you could try is:
    1. Shut down eclipse.
    2. Go to the .eclipse folder inside your home directory.
    3. Remove all folders starting with org.eclipse.oomph.*
    4. Start eclipse again.

Hopefuly you will get back to normal.

An additional question is
    Do you have Eclipse Color theme as part of your installation? If so, you could try switching to a different color theme.

Let me know if this information is useful,

Cheers,
    Aaron Lara

• This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by Aaron Lara.
    #529381 Reply

sbelt
    Participant

These steps did not resolve the issue. I also tried different themes and color themes to no avail. A google search pointed me at Window | Preferences | JavaScript | Editor | Syntax Coloring where I found many of the items were using a white font. I have manually modified these to a color I can see which has resolved my issue.

Thanks for your time,
    Steve B.

#529410 Reply

Aaron Lara

@sbelt, Good to hear you already managed to get back and going. If you find more editors with unreadable colors, you can always just right click > Preferences…, then click “restore defaults” in the preferences page.

Issues like that will go away on future versions of Darkest Dark and hopefully you will find a theme that suits your tastes, check out the new themes we are working on at https://www.genuitec.com/coding-devstyle-summer/

Cheers,
    Aaron Lara

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Cannot move away from Darkest Dark

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in