facebook

Code folding plugin like #region in VS

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Lofi
    Participant

Is there a recommended code folding plugin for MyEclipse similar to what #region does in Visual Studio?

I’ve seen that there’s a plugin called coffee-bytes but it’s said to not work always, so I thought I’d ask first, maybe there’s something for or directly in ME?

Thank you very much!

#591341 Reply

support-swapna

Lofi,

Thank you for asking. I tried to install Coffee Bytes plugin to MyEclipse 2017 but it does not work as expected. It looks like the plugin does not work in recent releases of Eclipse and is no longer maintained.

Can you please let us know in which editors you want to use this feature?

Our new product, CodeMix is an Eclipse plugin that brings VS Code smarts, and Code OSS extensions to Eclipse. CodeMix can be installed to MyEclipse for better development experience.
    Please read this FAQ for more details about CodeMix : https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/use-codemix-to-improve-your-angular-dev-experience-right-now/

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#591476 Reply

Lofi
    Participant

I’d like to have it in the Java editor. Basically it’s improved code folding. It’s beyond me why such hasn’t been implemented in Java yet over the years.

This is how it’s in C#

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/csharp/language-reference/preprocessor-directives/preprocessor-region

Can CodeMix do custom code folding, e. g. by defining a region via comment like

// BeginRegion Variables

// EndRegion

so that the region is automatically collapsed to

+ Variables

when I open a class? I couldn’t find anything about improved folding options in the CodeMix documentation.

#591598 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Lofi,

We haven’t yet transferred the code-folding capabilities from VS Code into CodeMix – I forgot to highlight this when we first suggested CodeMix, apologies. However, this is a key item on our list, so it is coming to the product for sure – and yes, it should be able to do the folding by region when it lands.

Speaking about Java specifically, given that the Eclipse Java editor is far superior to what you would get through VS Code, we don’t default to using the CodeMix Java editor (though it would be available, with the folding capabilities). We’ll be able to say more when the tech lands. Thank you for asking and highlighting the need.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Code folding plugin like #region in VS

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in