facebook

Creating a web service from an EJB Session Bean

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Web Services
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

scotta1022

Version: 8.5 Blue
    Build id: 8.5-Blue-20100319

We’re evaluating EclispseBlue. We’ve converted an app and am trying to run some tests. We’ve had trouble trying to generate WSDL from our EJB Session beans. We can do this is RAD via bottom the up or top down EJB web service option in the wizard.

In myEclipse all I see is a top down/bottom up java bean web service option, and it doesn’t work on session beans.

I understand I could front my session beans with a POJO and create the web service from that, but I need to confirm if myEclipse can work with session beans to generate working wsdl.

#308543 Reply

scotta1022,
    I shall escalate this to the dev team member. They will get back to you on this.

#308580 Reply

scotta1022

Thanks. Also – if Blue can’t generate web services from a session bean, is the a plugin that will do so.

#308813 Reply

scotta1022

Shalini, can I get a response to my question please?

#308955 Reply

Brian Fernandes

scott,

Sorry for the delayed response, I missed the note from Shalini on this subject.

Unfortunately MyEclipse cannot create a bottom up webservice from an EJB session bean. For the long term, I would recommend the use of a WSDL file to generate a top down webservice as the bottom up webservice generation process is not too flexible.

Incidentally – are you interested in developing JAX-WS web services or JAX-RPC web services?

#309113 Reply

scotta1022

Hi Brian, thanks for the response.

We don’t do any top down development in my area, and we definitely need the ability to produce wsdls off of pre-existing implementations. It sounds like if we are to use Blue then we will need to introduce pojo business delegates and create our wsdls from that. We are currently using EJB 2.1. Using EJB 3, can you use bottom up using a java class or would we still need to introduce a delegate? Let me know if you have other options in mind.

We are currently developing JAX-RPC web services. I think eventually we will switch to JAX-WS.

#309119 Reply

Brian Fernandes

scott,

Following your request, we are going to add the ability to create web services directly off session beans in the MyEclipse 9 timeframe. Unfortunately, until then – the approach you suggested is correct for both EJB2 and EJB3 projects.

#309145 Reply

scotta1022

Sounds good Brian, thanks for the info.

#317325 Reply

drp

Hi Brian,

Was this feature added to MyEclipse Blue 9?

Thanks,
    Daniel

#317338 Reply

support-swapna

drp,

Due to certain other priorities we were not able to target it to MyEclipse Blue 9. We are going to work on it in MyEclipse 10 with increased priority.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: Creating a web service from an EJB Session Bean

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in