facebook

Darkest Dark won't Stay Activated Across Restarts

1. DevStyle
  2.  > 
  3. Theme Problems
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

otterslide
    Participant

I’ve had this problem with Neon, and now Oxygen has the same problem.
    I was hoping it would be fixed because it’s terribly annoying.

I set the theme to Darkest Dark, and it simply resets back to ‘Light’ theme across a restart. I even encountered a message: “The theme selected ‘Darkdest Dark’ is not Darkest Dark friendly.”

In Neon I managed to get the Recorder working to save every single setting across a restart, but now Oxygen is having problems even with the Recorder on.

How is anyone using this plugin? I am using completely fresh install and it does not stay active.

This topic was linked to an Issue on September 19, 2017 at 1:41 pm
    #536955 Reply

Todd Williams

Hey Otterslide,

Thanks for posting your question. We’ve seen this issue before and it appears to be the result of an incompatibility between Oomph and Darkest Dark. Basically, Oomph has saved the light color setting preference in your user home directory. So at every launch Eclipse checks for settings there and reapplies them.

I’ll open a bug report so we can look into detecting and intercepting this behavior as well as talking to the Oomph guys to decide how we can make Oomph and Darkest Dark behave a bit better together. As a workaround for now, deleting the oomph directories under .eclipse in your home directory should fix this issue in the short term.

#536961 Reply

otterslide
    Participant

Hi Todd,

I will try that thanks!
    I also would like to know how I can change the font color on the package explorer. I use a dimmed screen, so the darker than normal color is too dark. I’d like to plain white if possible, as in the Eclipse normal Dark theme.

#537223 Reply

support-swapna

Otterslide,

I am afraid currently there is no way to change the font color on the package explorer. I have filed an enhancement request for the dev team to work on it. If possible please share with us the screenshot of the package explorer to help us get a visual. Also share with us your OS and version details.

Sorry for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#541988 Reply

support-swapna

Otterslide,

The issue with theme reset on restart has been fixed for the 2017 CI 9 release, that’s due in the next few days.

We did put out a pre-release of CI 9 which does contain this fix, so if you would like to try it out immediately, please follow the instructions in this thread: https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/webclipse-angular-ide-prerelease-stream/

If you do try out the pre-release, do let us know if your issue was fixed, if not, we’ll hopefully be able to correct it before the final release.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Darkest Dark won't Stay Activated Across Restarts

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in