facebook

Editor background color not affected by "Editor Colors" option

1. DevStyle
  2.  > 
  3. Theme Problems
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

mjktfw
    Participant

IDE Package: (Eclipse IDE for Java Developers)
    IDE Version: Eclipse Oxygen 4.7.0
    Relevant Plugins Installed: only Darkest Dark CI 7
    Steps to reproduce the issue:
    1. Enable Darkest Dark Theme
    2. Go to: Preferences > General > Appeareance > Darkest Dark > Editor colors: select eg. Solarized Dark
    3. The background remains the same (darkgrey), even after reset.
    4. Download any other theme known to change background color from: http://www.eclipsecolorthemes.org/
    5. Import and enable the theme with Preferences > General > Appeareance > Darkest Dark > Import a theme…
    6. Same issue persists

Is this the desired behavior? Do I really need to install Eclipse Color Themes plugin in addition?

Also – is there any option to inject our own CSS styling to be loaded on top of Darkest Dark theme when Eclipse starts up?

Despite that, thanks for a great work.

• This topic was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by mjktfw.
    • This topic was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by mjktfw.
    This topic was linked to an Issue on July 11, 2017 at 8:41 pm
    #529632 Reply

Aaron Lara

@mjktfw, By design we do not allow the editor background to be changed by the editor color theme as we believe the UI should have a consistent background color.

Regarding your second question, Darkest Dark currently overrides CSS Styling (takes priority) but you can still contribute your own if they are not defined by Darkest Dark. Are there Darkest Dark colors you would like to change?You might like to know we are working on new features that will allow you to change the main color for the themes Details here.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by Aaron Lara.
    • This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by Aaron Lara.
    #529635 Reply

mjktfw
    Participant

@aaronlonin, thanks for a quick answer.
    I’m quite used to Solarized Dark theme and because it’s already set in other IDEs, I was looking for a method to use it in Eclipse as well.

Regarding CSS, I would actually like to disable some layout elements such as closing ‘X’ buttons. I was able to do it ad-hoc with CSS scratchpad, but since I’m not familiar with Eclipse’s styling, I’m not sure which CSS files I should edit/create. I guess, that your theme automatically build its own CSS files on startup.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by mjktfw.
    #529637 Reply

Aaron Lara

I understand, let me discuss with my team about your request for allowing the appliance of background color when setting an editor color theme. Same for the CSS Styling request.

Please lend me until Monday since today is not a working day for us (don’t tell them I was here xP ).

Cheers!
    Aaron Lara

#529638 Reply

mjktfw
    Participant

Great to hear that.
    I’ll keep quiet, you’re free to restore a backup copy of the forum database not including this thread xD
    Best regards, Marcin

#530080 Reply

Aaron Lara

@mjktfw, Sorry for the late response. We are going to work on an option that would allow you to apply the editor background color from a Color Theme.

Regarding the CSS Customization you should be able to contribute CSS Styling directly to our darkest dark theme by using the org.eclipse.e4.ui.css.swt.theme extension poit. The Darkest Dark theme ID is com.genuitec.eclipse.themes.dark.

example:

<extension
             point="org.eclipse.e4.ui.css.swt.theme">
          <stylesheet
             uri="css/your-css-file.css">
               <themeid
                refid="com.genuitec.eclipse.themes.dark"></themeid>
          </stylesheet>
    </extension>

Please let me know if you have any concerns,

Cheers!
    Aaron Lara

#530133 Reply

mjktfw
    Participant

These are good news, many thanks for your help. Best regards.

#536815 Reply

mjktfw
    Participant

Hey @aaronlonin, much thanks for including the custom background option with the DevStyle.

#536817 Reply

Aaron Lara

@mjktfw, thank you for your feedback!!! ≧◠‿◠≦✌

Cheers!
    Aaron

#537433 Reply

tiagofaustino
    Participant

Background and the font in window “Name Conflict”.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by tiagofaustino.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: Editor background color not affected by "Editor Colors" option

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in