facebook

Error building Android APK

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Mobile Tooling
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Anders Lund
    Participant

I am getting this error when trying to build my app trough your build service.

Build failed due to an internal error
    No-args constructor for class com.genuitec.mobioneappsync.api.DesignUploadResponse does not exist. Register an InstanceCreator with Gson for this type to fix this problem.

Any suggestions?[/b]

#342446 Reply

Brian Fernandes

di1luan,

We specifically checked our services again, they are working just fine. I assume you see this error repeatedly if you try to build the application and it is not just a one-time error? I have a few questions:

1) Can you please tell us which version of MyEclipse you are using? Check the build-id in Help > About

2) If you create a new Mobile project, with one of the default jQuery templates, the master detail template for example and try to build a native APK for this, do you get the same error here?

3) Can you please paste the full stack trace of the error from your error log? (Window > Show View > Other > General > Error Log).

4) Can you please let us know (send a PM if desired) what email address you registered with the build service when you chose to build the app?

5) If #2 works fine, would it be possible for you to share your project with us? You could mail it to support@genuitec.com ATTN Brian with a link to this thread.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused, we hope to resolve your issue shortly.

#342460 Reply

Anders Lund
    Participant

@Support-Brian wrote:

di1luan,

1) I am using Build id 11.0.2-20130823

2) It fails with a new project also same error.

3)
    eclipse.buildId=unknown
    java.version=1.6.0_43
    java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
    BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=sv_SE
    Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64

Error
    Tue Sep 17 07:36:35 CEST 2013
    Error: AppCenterBuilderException: Build failed due to internal error.. Error log: No-args constructor for class com.genuitec.mobioneappsync.api.DesignUploadResponse does not exist. Register an InstanceCreator with Gson for this type to fix this problem.

4) I am registered with anders@itendi.se

#342508 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Anders,

Sorry about the delayed response. We are still unable to figure out what could be going wrong at your end.

1) Looking at a possible connectivity problem – are you able to access the following URLs?
    http://emtgate.appspot.com/
    http://mtac.genuitec.com/
    https://v23-mobioneappcenter2.appspot.com/

In the browser, you should get some “Not found” type responses as opposed to “cannot be reached” or “not responding”; this would indicate that there is no connectivity problem

2) Our build servers indicate that you did run an iOS build a few days ago, at least. Does iOS still work for you but Android fails? Or does iOS fail as well?

#342527 Reply

Anders Lund
    Participant

1) Looking at a possible connectivity problem – are you able to access the following URLs?
    http://emtgate.appspot.com/
    http://mtac.genuitec.com/
    https://v23-mobioneappcenter2.appspot.com/
    Yes I can access them.

2) Our build servers indicate that you did run an iOS build a few days ago, at least. Does iOS still work for you but Android fails? Or does iOS fail as well?[/quote]
    I can build my app with the older version of myeclipse 2013 SR1, but when I upgrade to SR2, both the simulator behaves funny and building fails. Building fails on IOS too with the same error: No-args constructor for class com.genuitec.mobioneappsync.api.DesignUploadResponse does not exist. Register an InstanceCreator with Gson for this type to fix this problem.

When I build my app with your service in SR1 I cannot upload it to Itunes connect, Apple says that it is an invalid binary, because of to old version of XCode or something like that.

#342547 Reply

voodoocom

I am in the same situation same version as OP and I am dead in the water. I just got my boss to pony up the cost for 2 licenses

Win 7 Pro 64bit
    18GB ram

MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench

Version: 2013 SR2
    Build id: 11.0.2-20130823

#342573 Reply

Anders Lund
    Participant

Any updates about this, still cant build in SR2?

#342575 Reply

Brian Fernandes

di1luan,

I apologize for missing your response yesterday, thanks for replying to my questions:

When I build my app with your service in SR1 I cannot upload it to Itunes connect, Apple says that it is an invalid binary, because of to old version of XCode or something like that.

There have been some problems due to the recent release of iOS 7, which happened shortly after the release of SR2. We have fixed these problems internally and will be releasing an update with this fix shortly.

I can build my app with the older version of myeclipse 2013 SR1, but when I upgrade to SR2, both the simulator behaves funny and building fails.

We are actively looking at the “no-arg” issue; as yet, we have not been able to reproduce this locally, but it obviously is a problem. Just so we’re on the same page, have you gone back to SR1 after the install of SR2 and experienced this or is this based on your experience before the update?

Could you let us know what problems you encountered with the Simulator? In 2013 SR2, we added intelligent reload behaviour to the simulator – if it detects changes in your application it will apply these changes on the fly and/or reload the page automatically. This behaviour can be turned off using a button on the toolbar as shown in the screenshot below. If you turn this off, do you get the behaviour you expect? Do let us know so we can ensure this is fixed in the update as well.

voodoocom, Thanks for sharing your experience – we’re on it.

#342577 Reply

clintonu7

I am unable to compile online since the last update. This has caused my company to abandon Genuitec as a viable enterprise mobile development platform. There has been no changes on our side other than installing the updates to MyEclipse. The full message is :

No-args constructor for class com.genuitec.mobioneappsync.api.DesignUploadResponse does not exist. Register an InstanceCreator with Gson for this type to fix this problem.

#342578 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Clint,

First, I apologize for the serious inconvenience caused; as I mentioned above, this is a highly tested area of the product, it tested fine and even as we are testing now, we have been unable to reproduce this issue. There are obviously some conditions which cause it to appear and we’re working on figuring this out. As soon as we know and we get a fix we’ll be releasing an update.

1) Could you share your error log with us? Please attach or paste the contents of the .log file here. You can find it at <workspace_location>/.metadata/.log
    This will help us a great deal.

2) You can use Help > Check for Updates and in the wizard that shows up, instantly switch back to SR1, this would get you back on track as far as creating native builds is concerned.

#342581 Reply

Anders Lund
    Participant

I have one computer with SR1 and one with SR2. SR1 works fine for android, but I need to upload our application to Itunes Connect and that is failing with SR1.

With SR2 I still cannot build.

When I run the simulator in SR2 I get dual log entries and the application behaves different than in SR1 it hangs and is very slow.
    I have turned off auto-reload.

I attached my log file, cleared it before I started MyEclipse, I made a build attempt.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #342587 Reply

Brian Fernandes

I believe we have figured out the problem; it is caused in installations which have an older version of gson in them. Due to non-determinism with the startup, the build plugin could sometimes use this older version which will result in this build failure.

We do not include an older version of gson with our installations, so it would likely be installed with other third party plugins – di1luan, clintonu7, voodoocom – can you let us know what additional software you installed into your MyEclipse installations? Obviously, this is supposed to work and we’d like to redo those testing with these specific plugins to reproduce the problem and validate our fix.

As a possible fix until an update is released, please edit the ini file in the root of your installation (myeclipse.ini / myeclipse-blue.ini / myeclipseforspring.ini) and on the second line, before the -startup switch, enter -clean, so the first few lines of your ini file would look like

#utf8 (do not remove)
    -clean
    -startup

Note – this is not guaranteed to fix the problem but we have noticed in a few tests that it did and you could try it for a quick fix. Do let us know if this works for you. Our update will make these steps unnecessary, of course.

#342589 Reply

Brian Fernandes

di1luan

I have one computer with SR1 and one with SR2. SR1 works fine for android, but I need to upload our application to Itunes Connect and that is failing with SR1.

Unfortunately this is something we could not anticipate with the brand new iOS7 release, you would possibly have the same problem in SR2 once the build gets going, we will release an update to fix this ASAP.

When I run the simulator in SR2 I get dual log entries and the application behaves different than in SR1 it hangs and is very slow. I have turned off auto-reload.

a) Did turning off auto-reload fix your problem or is it still slow?
    b) Are you able to reproduce the speed issues even with a dummy application or do you see it only with your custom app? If the latter, would it be possible to share your application with our team?

Your support and time are much appreciated.

#342590 Reply

Anders Lund
    Participant

Hello again ok,
    I suppose there is something with my application, How do I share the application with you ?

#342591 Reply

Brian Fernandes

di1luan,

Use File > Export > Archive to export your project as a zip. If the size is < 5MB, you can then mail it to support@genuitec.com with a subject ATTN Brian and a link to this thread.

Just so we’re clear, do you mind answering my previous questions?
    1) Did turning off auto-reload fix your problems?
    2) Were you able to reproduce the slowdown issue with a dummy app?
    3) Did you get a chance to try -clean with SR2?

Thanks again.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
Reply To: Error building Android APK

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in