facebook

Error starting MyElipse 2017 CI4 after installation

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Bill Gottlieb
    Participant

I just installed MyEclipse 2017 CI4. I clicked to run it and I get the following exception. How do I fix it?

!SESSION 2017-04-17 07:45:51.369 ———————————————–
    eclipse.buildId=15.0.0.CI-004
    java.version=1.8.0_112
    java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
    BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US
    Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2017-04-17 07:46:08.431
    !MESSAGE Application error
    !STACK 1
    java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.eclipse.swt.graphics.Device.isAutoScalable()Z
    at org.eclipse.swt.internal.DPIUtil.autoScaleUp(DPIUtil.java:266)
    at org.eclipse.swt.graphics.Image.<init>(Image.java:689)
    at org.eclipse.jface.resource.URLImageDescriptor.createImage(URLImageDescriptor.java:244)
    at org.eclipse.jface.resource.ImageDescriptor.createImage(ImageDescriptor.java:224)
    at org.eclipse.jface.resource.ImageDescriptor.createImage(ImageDescriptor.java:202)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.initializeImages(Workbench.java:1892)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createDisplay(Workbench.java:800)
    at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createDisplay(PlatformUI.java:160)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.createDisplay(IDEApplication.java:168)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:111)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:388)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:243)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:673)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:610)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1519)

#519878 Reply

support-swapna

Bill,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue.

Can you please give us some more information?

1. Did you install MyEclipse 2017 CI 4 using the bundled offline installer or the online installer?
    2. Can you please check if the file size and md5 of the downloaded installer matches with the values mentioned in the MyEclipse Downloads page ? : https://www.genuitec.com/products/myeclipse/download/
    3. If the installer file size and md5 matches, then rerun the installer and repair the MyEclipse 2017 CI 4 installation, start MyEclipse with -clean and check if it starts fine. Here is the FAQ for starting MyEclipse with -clean command args : https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/troubleshoot-using-the-clean-command-line-argument/
    4. If the repair does not work, then please try downloading the installer once again, delete the .deliverycenter.installs file located in your user home dir, run the installer and install a fresh copy of MyEclipse to a different location and check if it starts.
    5. If none of the suggestions help, then please share with us your OS and version details, the full name of the MyEclipse installer file you downloaded, the steps you followed to install it and how exactly you are running the MyEclipse installation for further investigation.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#519881 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Bill,

A few questions in addition to Swapna’s above:

6) Is this a fresh install or an upgrade? If yes, which version were you upgrading from?
    7) Do you see this error each time you try to start MyEclipse? i.e. you are unable to start MyEclipse at all?

Hope we’ll be able to get you up and running ASAP.

#519887 Reply

Bill Gottlieb
    Participant

Thanks, here’s my answers:

1. Did you install MyEclipse 2017 CI 4 using the bundled offline installer or the online installer?
    I downloaded the install from MyEclipse web site: myeclipse-2017-ci-4-offline-installer-windows.exe

2. Can you please check if the file size and md5 of the downloaded installer matches with the values mentioned in the MyEclipse Downloads page ? : https://www.genuitec.com/products/myeclipse/download/
    File size: 1,639,209
    md5: 628A7F270520D832E699C26EC070E560 (matches)

3. If the installer file size and md5 matches, then rerun the installer and repair the MyEclipse 2017 CI 4 installation, start MyEclipse with -clean and check if it starts fine. Here is the FAQ for starting MyEclipse with -clean command args : https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/troubleshoot-using-the-clean-command-line-argument/
    I reran repair. Same error.
    I added -clean to myeclipse.ini and tried. Same error.

4. If the repair does not work, then please try downloading the installer once again, delete the .deliverycenter.installs file located in your user home dir, run the installer and install a fresh copy of MyEclipse to a different location and check if it starts.
    I have not done this yet.

5. If none of the suggestions help, then please share with us your OS and version details, the full name of the MyEclipse installer file you downloaded, the steps you followed to install it and how exactly you are running the MyEclipse installation for further investigation.
    I am running Windows 10 Pro, Version 1607, Build 14393.1066. I downloaded the installer (question 1 above) from MyEclipse. Ran it. Then, tried to execute myeclipse (launch after installation and from windows explorer). Tried the same thing after rerunning the install to ‘fix’ the installation.

6) Is this a fresh install or an upgrade? If yes, which version were you upgrading from?
    This is an upgrade. I currently have
    Version: 2016 CI 5, Build id: 14.0.0-20160722

7) Do you see this error each time you try to start MyEclipse? i.e. you are unable to start MyEclipse at all?
    Yes, the error occurs each time I try to start MyEclipse.

#519902 Reply

Aaron Lara

Hey Bill,

We have managed to replicate and fix this issue thanks to your detaled information. It turns out this will happen in Windows 32 bit and it’s caused by our Darkest Dark theme we include in MyEclipse. This fix will be available in our next Release (CI 5).

There are two workarounds I can think of:
    1. To Switch to the 64 bit version of MyEclipse (Just use the 64 bit JRE).
    2. I can export a patch plugin you can put in your installation so you get the fix and continue using the 32 bit version with no issues.

Pleaase let me knnow which approach do you preffer.

Cheers,
    Aaron Lara

• This reply was modified 7 years ago by Aaron Lara.
    #519908 Reply

Bill Gottlieb
    Participant

That’s great news. Thanks, Aaron. Can I get the patch please?

#519913 Reply

Aaron Lara

Please shutdown MyEclipse and then extract this attached file into your installation directory and make sure the plugin ‘com.genuitec.eclipse.theming.epl_1.7.3.201703220948..jar’ is overriden.

That gotta be enough to solve the issue. Please let me know any concern.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #519916 Reply

Aaron Lara

Bill,

Sorry, Forgot to mention one more step:

After applying the patch you will need to run MyEclipse.ext with -clean. For that just open your Command Prompt, go to the directory MyEclipse is installed and run myeclipse.exe -clean

#519926 Reply

Bill Gottlieb
    Participant

Hmmmm…I downloaded the zip and placed com.genuitec.eclipse.theming.epl_1.7.3.201703220948.jar in the plugins directory. I still end up the same error. I verified the new jar was still in the directory after execution.

I’m more then willing to share any other aspects of my configuration, do a GoToMeeting or whatever.

Otherwise, maybe I’ll wait until CI 5 as I really didn’t want to move to the 64 bit yet. Thanks.

#519929 Reply

timwebb
    Keymaster

Just to confirm, did you run with -clean after replacing the plugin?

#519933 Reply

Bill Gottlieb
    Participant

yes, and just to be doubly sure, I just copied and tried again.

#519934 Reply

timwebb
    Keymaster

OK, thanks Bill. We’re double checking. It appears the part of the issue is only reproducible properly when running at 200% DPI — the ‘good’ news is we’re seeing the patch fail now like you. Continuing to investigate the fix!

We’ll be able to get you a patch later today most likely. Sorry about this!

#519935 Reply

Bill Gottlieb
    Participant

No problem. FYI, I am running on a Microsoft Surface Pro and you are correct about it being at 200%, I just checked.

#519958 Reply

Aaron Lara

Hey Bill,

We have come with a new fix 🙂 proved working here in Windows 10 with scaling at 200%. Couold you please give it a try? To do so:

1. Download attached file
    2. Go to your installation directory and under plugins remove the old file named com.genuitec.eclipse.theming.epl_1.7.3.201703220948.jar
    3. Rename the folder called com.genuitec.eclipse.theming.epl_1.7.2.201703220948 (just choose whatever name you want, this is for Backup)
    4. Extract the downloaded file into your installation directory. After this a new folder will be created with the same name as the one you just renamed.
    5. Run myeclipse with -clean again.

Please let us know if this work for you as well.
    Thanks!
    Aaron Lara

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #520012 Reply

Bill Gottlieb
    Participant

Success! Thanks! Do I always have to run with -clean now or will it work ok without it? Thanks again!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
Reply To: Error starting MyElipse 2017 CI4 after installation

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in