facebook

Highlighted item in Open Resource and Open Type hard to read

1. DevStyle
  2.  > 
  3. Theme Problems
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

paulsbduncan
    Participant

The highlighted item in Open Resource is white text with light gray background, and I find this hard to read. In contrast (hehe) the highlighted item ‘Ctrl-O’ to browse class members is a very pleasant white text on dark gray.

Is there a way to change the colours for Open Resource/Type?

I’ve attached screenshots of both for comparison.

Thank you!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #530040 Reply

paulsbduncan
    Participant

Sorry – here is the hard to read one:

Attachments:
    #530042 Reply

Aaron Lara

@paulsbduncan, Sorry you are seeing this issue. Could you please provide more details about your installation?
    1. OS/Arch (I see it might be windows, but version and Arch is important too)
    2. Eclipse version.
    3. Darkest Dark version.

Locally in my windows 10 64 bit it looks fine to me (see screenshot).

It might also be a preference missconfiguration. Could you try in a different workspace and check if the issue happens there as well?

Thanks!
    Aaron Lara

Attachments:
    #530049 Reply

paulsbduncan
    Participant

Hi Aaron, thanks for you quick reply.

I’m on Neon.3 (4.6.3) on Windows, running Darkest Dark 1.8.3.201707051829.

I’ve just checked with two of my colleagues who are also using Darkest Dark (my fault) and they have the exact same issue.

#530050 Reply

paulsbduncan
    Participant

Sorry, Windows 7 64-bit

#530053 Reply

Aaron Lara

Thanks for the details, we managed to replicate the issue in Windows 7. We will target this issue and see if we can come up with a fix 😀

Cheers!
    Aaron Lara

#540018 Reply

divstar
    Participant

Hello,

I am sorry, but is there anything new in this regard?

Darkest Dark Theme looks amazing and it really eases the eyes a lot when I use the healthy eyes theme.

Yet I have the same problem as mentioned above.

I am on Windows 10 1511.
    I am using Eclipse Neon.3 and the problem seems to occur with just the “dark” theme, which is bundled with Eclipse, as well. I just hoped, that Darkest Dark Theme would fix this problem.

What’s strange, too, is, that the Eclipse menu bar looks oddly “white-ish” – I’d say precisely the same color as the non-focused grayish bar below “Matching items:” in the attached screenshot.

I would love this theme even more if these two minor problems were solved – and I know it’s speculation, but I believe that since it is the same color, the menu bar and the bar below “Matching items:” perhaps seem to use the same background-color.

I can imagine that these colors derive from the Windows style of SWT (if I am not mistaken). Is there perhaps a way to force Eclipse SWT into something else than Windows in order to stay somehow more true to the actually defined colors?

• This reply was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by divstar.
    • This reply was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by divstar.
    Attachments:
    #540219 Reply

support-swapna

divstar,

Thank you for the screenshots. We are aware of the problems with the highlighted item in Open Resource dialog and the dev team is looking into them.

I am afraid we cannot fix the menu bar problem as it is derived from the OS.

Apologies for inconvenience caused. Appreciate your feedback for Darkest Dark. Please let us know if you see any other issues.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Highlighted item in Open Resource and Open Type hard to read

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in