facebook

How to add a rule that prohibits indefinite variables

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Webclipse 1.x Help
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 63 total)
  • Author

gorand
    Participant

Hellow!

I can not download http://downloads.genuitec.com/downloads/products/webclipse/updates/wc2017ci4a
    Forbidden
    You don’t have permission to access /downloads/products/webclipse/updates/wc2017ci4a/ on this server.

Yes, I have Eclipse for Java Developers, if I need to install another Eclipse – I’ll install it. Tell me what? Does Eclipse JavaEE work?

I need TypeScript editor with TSLint and TypeScript refactor/assistant. I not use Angular IDE.

#523144 Reply

timwebb
    Keymaster

That URL is an update site — inside your Eclipse for Java, go to Help : Install New Software and put in the URL I put above. You then can choose to install the Webclipse Suite into your Eclipse to get the full functionality from CI 4.

Tim

#523162 Reply

timwebb
    Keymaster

Gorand,

Following up from your log messages, we’ve had a few different engineers all trying to reproduce a catastrophic failure like you are seeing and have so far been unsuccessful. It appears the issue may be related to your project configuration or system as errors indicate that the TypeScript compiler is unable to access files. Are you able to see the same issue in a simple new project on your system?

Either way, would you mind sending us the main project you are developing with or some stripped down version? If closed source, we can receive it confidentially at support (at) genuitec.com.

Thanks and I don’t doubt we can get you up and going shortly!

#523271 Reply

gorand
    Participant

Hellow!

I updated eclipse on you link – but webclipse stay CI5.

I modify my tslint rule and tslint.json disable “rulesDirectory” rename to “rulesDirectory2”

require("../index");
    require("../language/utils");

and copy my rule file to path: \eclipse\plugins\com.genuitec.eclipse.typescript_2.2.2.201705080937\bin\node_modules\tslint\lib\rules\andrTypedefRule.js

I create new empty project with default settings.
    See my GoogleDisk files: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B_Vv2E19dp4CZlhnM3RMWG1KcDQ?usp=sharing
    where:
    eclipse.zip – my dir eclipse
    ProjectTest.zip – eclipse project settings
    TypeScriptTest.zip – project source files

In this new project, I created two TypeScript files and copied my tslint.json file there, and again I started seeing WebClipse errors again
    See my video: https://youtu.be/3a3qe-m6PZg

I use system symlink for projects dir. So really the files are in the folder c:\Work and from it there is a symlink link to d:\Work – which is used to work eclipse (I’m so more comfortable to work on different machines). Does it matter for your program?

See my googledisk files and my video

#523313 Reply

support-piotr
    Participant

Gorand,

Thank you for sharing the workspace. In Webclipse CI5 we have included TSLint 5.1.0, which has many changes in inner API structure and can affect your custom rule. I have just added an option to fix your project on a particular version of TSLint. I am sorry that it all caused you so much trouble. The release with hotfix should be available on Monday at most. As a workaround for now, I can suggest extracting contents of zip (http://bit.ly/2qWtHrP) to your project folder – that way Webclipse will use TSLint in version 4.5.1 from it. The setup with TSLint within node_modules in the project is the most common one and majority of our users use that one. I once again apologize for delaying your work. Please let me know if the workaround worked.

#523390 Reply

gorand
    Participant

Hellow!

1.1) I remove my rule from eclipse dir node_modules\tslint\lib\rules\
    1.2) I remove link on my rule into TSLint.json (see attached images)
    1.3) I restart eclipse and run clean all projects
    1.4) I edit source file Test2.ts and enter word ‘mumu’ and symbol dot
    1.5) Pass error (see attached images)

2.1) I remove my rule from eclipse dir node_modules\tslint\lib\rules\
    2.2) I remove link on my rule into TSLint.json (see attached images)
    2.3) I restart eclipse and run clean all projects
    2.4) I unpack tslint-4.5.1.zip into Test dir (see attached images)
    2.5) I edit source file Test2.ts and enter word ‘mumu’ and symbol dot
    2.6) Pass error (see attached images)

Where should I decompress the file tslint-4.5.1.zip – to use it webclipse?
    Why even when I remove my rule the error still occurs when I try to write TypeScript source code?

• This reply was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by gorand.
    • This reply was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by gorand.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #523398 Reply

support-piotr
    Participant

Gorand,

I’ve just checked the project locally again and it works fine. I don’t see any error. Could you please do the following:
    1. Open Error Log view
    2. Clear the log
    3. Restart Eclipse
    4. Reproduce the content assist issue
    5. Export error log and attach it to your response.

Looks like there is something more than just TSLint 5 problems happening on your machine.

#523404 Reply

gorand
    Participant

Hellow!

see video: https://youtu.be/-exyoo16Rx8
    attached log.zip

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #523411 Reply

support-piotr
    Participant

Thank you! I am not able to replicate the issue as easily as you do, but I stumbled upon it once. In my case closing and reopening the editor helped. Could you confirm whether this helps? This information will help me find the cause of the issue.

#523419 Reply

gorand
    Participant

Hellow!

No is not help, see video: https://youtu.be/3v7qGuzkxf0

#523432 Reply

support-piotr
    Participant

Thanks! That’s disappointing. I’ll try to figure out the source of the issue, maybe I will find a way to reproduce the issue locally. If not I would need to debug the issue on a screen sharing call on your machine, would you be open to do that?

#523448 Reply

gorand
    Participant

Hellow!
    I do not know if I can give you access to this computer.

#523451 Reply

support-piotr
    Participant

What we usually do is a GoToMeeting call, on which we have audio to speak and user shares either entire screen or part of it. If needed user can give me a control of mouse and keyboard, but usually that’s not necessary. However, if you don’t want to, or you’re not allowed to share your screen in such a way, we may continue through forum. I have to finish for today and will come back to your issue on Monday. In the meanwhile you could try reinstalling Webclipse from the ci4a update site.

Best regards,
    Piotr Tomiak

#523640 Reply

gorand
    Participant

Hellow!

I installed GoToMeeting in trial.
    I am waiting for an email from you indicating how we can connect for your verification.
    I do not speak and do not understand spoken English – that’s why I see no point in using microphones.
    I think I’ll have to use a chat with an interpreter to communicate.

#523748 Reply

support-piotr
    Participant

Hi Gorand!

One of our developers is from Russia, so I think he could help translate from/to English. Before we have a call though I need you to ensure that this problem has nothing to do with corrupted installation of Webclipse. Have you managed to reinstall Webclipse/Angular IDE over the weekend? If not, please download fresh Neon into some location, install Webclipse/Angular IDE into it and see if problem persists. Once I get confirmation from you that this is a case we can schedule a call ASAP.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 63 total)
Reply To: How to add a rule that prohibits indefinite variables

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in