facebook

increasing reusability

1. MobiOne Archive
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help – General
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Darshan Patel
    Participant

how can i reuse a part of screen on multiple pages??

like for ex a button.. such that if i change the text property of this button.. then it reflects everywhere…. how can i do this?

#353266 Reply

Paul_paul
    Participant

I asked this question long ago, you mean like a template that you can use for each page then if you make a change to the template it is reflected on every page. I have used this feature in Dreamweaver for websites and I expect would apply to apps if you design them there. I don’t believe this feature is available in MobiOne.

#353269 Reply

Hi,

Stickleback is correct, there is not a way to do this in MobiOne like Dreamweaver.

#353274 Reply

Darshan Patel
    Participant

any possibilities of doing it in ME?

#353317 Reply

Hi,
    Sorry about the delay.

Yes, you can reuse code and items in MyEclipse, it has a snippets area where you an copy anything and add that as a snippet and drag and drop that into you file.
    You can even set variables in the snippet allowing you to easily change the final output if needed. I use them for a lot of elements and scripts.
    I did a quick screen cast of coping some text, saving as a snippet and then reusing it. My mic wasn’t working so there is no audio to it.

Hope this helps
    http://www.screencast.com/t/YtgyJ46x

#353326 Reply

Darshan Patel
    Participant

well it seems unuseful to me.. the same thing can be achieved via various ways…

what i wanted to reuse is elements that are on one screen into the other screens..

thanks anyways for trying.. i’l use some other workover for it..

#353337 Reply

Hi,

Oh, sorry, I misunderstood the question. Not sure if these will help, but depending on how your project is set up you an use the JQuery to do some.

There is the clone method: http://api.jquery.com/clone/

Another is the load method, please note that this reuses a html file, not a single element. But I have found it useful in some cases.

$(‘#reuseSection’).load(‘reusablefile.htm’);

#353353 Reply

Darshan Patel
    Participant

thanks… but this also seems unuseful for my case… its okay… thanks again

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: increasing reusability

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in