facebook

Install fails on Ubuntu 20.04.3 Server

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

jwarnerdgs
    Participant

I have a license for AngularIDE on Windows.
    I am trying to install on Ubuntu 20.04.3 Server.
    I tried both install options.
    Option 1: Install via the .run offline installer.
    I get an error asking for the .run file in /tmp.
    If I look in /tmp the file created has single quotes around it so it can’t be referenced. The installer creates this file at runtime.
    ‘<offlineangularfile.run>’
    The error I get is attached.

Option 2: Install via npm. This fails immediately with not really much meaningful information.
    user@machine:~/install$ npm install angular-ide
    npm WARN deprecated fsevents@2.1.3: “Please update to latest v2.3 or v2.2”

> angular-ide@0.9.77 postinstall /home/user/install/node_modules/angular-ide
    > node ./scripts/post.js

npm WARN saveError ENOENT: no such file or directory, open ‘/home/user/install/packag
    e.json’
    npm notice created a lockfile as package-lock.json. You should commit this file.
    npm WARN optional SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: fsevents@~2.1.2 (node_modules/chokidar/n
    ode_modules/fsevents):
    npm WARN notsup SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: Unsupported platform for fsevents@2.1.3: w
    anted {“os”:”darwin”,”arch”:”any”} (current: {“os”:”linux”,”arch”:”x64″})
    npm WARN enoent ENOENT: no such file or directory, open ‘/home/user/install/package.j
    son’
    npm WARN install No description
    npm WARN install No repository field.
    npm WARN install No README data
    npm WARN install No license field.

+ angular-ide@0.9.77
    added 101 packages from 79 contributors and audited 102 packages in 9.809s

2 packages are looking for funding
    run npm fund for details

found 0 vulnerabilities

I would like to install this via the offline installer. Please let me know how to successfully complete the install.
    -John

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #675759 Reply

support-swapna

John,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue with the installer.
    Is Java 14 installed at system level? We have a known problem with the installer failing on some machines when Java 14 installed at system level. For some reason, the installer is falling back on the system installation of JDK 14 and failing due to deprecated packages.

Can you try running the installer with a -nojre flag? This is a flag that should disable the system JRE detection and force the inbuilt JRE to be used. To use this, open a command prompt, go to the folder containing the installer and run with -nojre.
    Example : ./offlineangularfile.run -nojre

If the -nojre flag isn’t working, then please try running the installer with -vm arg and pointing to a Java installation <14.
    From the command prompt, please run it as per this format : offlineangularfile.run -vm "path-to-javaw.exe"
    Example : sh angularide-ci-2020.7.22-offline-installer-linux.run -vm /usr/lib/jvm/java-11-openjdk-amd64/bin/java

We specifically tested it with Java 11 and Java 8 and the installer worked for us in both the cases. Few Ubuntu users reported that the installer worked with Java 8 and not with Java 11. So please give it a try and let us know how the installation goes.

--Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#675775 Reply

jwarnerdgs
    Participant

Thanks for your help. I was able to get the npm install to work. Although, there was an error using this method as well, it seems that error doesn’t affect the second step, “ngide install”.
    Thanks for your help.
    -John

#675784 Reply

support-swapna

John,

Glad that you got it installed successfully.
    Please note that Angular IDE and its associated tech, CodeMix have reached end of life.
    Refer to this url for more details about EOL and MyEclipse being the alternative : https://www.genuitec.com/products/codemix/end-of-life-notice/

Do let us know if you have any further questions.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Install fails on Ubuntu 20.04.3 Server

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in