facebook

Invisible Treeview Components

1. DevStyle
  2.  > 
  3. Theme Problems
Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

mglaris
    Participant

Aaron,

I have a Dark windows Theme. See screen shots.

Mike Laris
    mglaris@gmail.com

#661016 Reply

mglaris
    Participant

Aaron,

Looks like the screen shots did not get attached. Trying again…

Mike Laris
    mglaris@gmail.com

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #661020 Reply

Aaron Lara

I don’t see anything wrong with your configuration. When you applied the patch, did it ask to override the previous jar? (AKA, DevStyle was already up to date?).

Also, the only other difference I see from your configuration to mine is that I have the title bars also dark (see screenshot for the setting). Your Eclipse title bards are white but I’m not sure if that could also affect other widget colors.

Attachments:
    #661048 Reply

mglaris
    Participant

Aaron,

To answer your question, Yes, when I installed the patch it did ask me for an override to replace an existing file.

I tried changing the title bars to be Dark in Windows as well, and it made no difference.

This is really bizarre. The black-on-black menu items are irritating, but not so irritating that I want to go with a lighter theme. My eye’s aren’t as young as they used to be, and bright screen will eventually give me a headache.

Thanks,

Mike Laris
    mglaris@gmail.com

#661069 Reply

Aaron Lara

Laris, I’m sorry the patch didn’t work for you. AS you say, this is really bizarre as we have not been able to replicate at all. The only other two factors that can be different are:

1. Windows version. Are you up to date in windows 10? (I’m currently up to date).
    2. Eclipse package. For example, Eclipse for Java Developers, Eclipse for C/C++, etc. Have you tried downloading a different package from https://www.eclipse.org/downloads/packages/?

If this still fails the only workaround I see right now is switching back to Eclipse 2020-03 🙁

#665172 Reply

kahldar
    Participant

Hello,

I have the same issue.
    Eclipse for C/C++ version 2020-09 (4.17.0)

Is there a fix ?

Thanks.

Attachments:
    #665174 Reply

support-swapna

kahldar,

Sorry that you ran into this issue with Dark theme. Unfortunately, we are still unable to replicate the reported UI problems in Eclipse 2020-09 at our end.

Can you please give us some more details?

1. How did you install Eclipse? Is it using the downloaded zip file or using the installer file? If it is installed using the installer file, then please check if the issue persists with a packaged install i.e zip based. You can download the package from here.
    2. Can you please share your OS and version details? If you are on Windows 10, then please update the OS and check if the UI issue persists. One of our users reported that updating the Windows 10 to the latest helped fix the problem for him.
    3. Please also check if you see the problem with Eclipse Dark theme as well (Window > Preferences > General > Appearance and select ‘Dark’ for Theme)

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#665204 Reply

kahldar
    Participant

Swapna,

Thanks for the fast reply.
    1. I installed Eclipse by uzipping the official file (eclipse-cpp-2020-09-R-win32-x86_64.zip)
    2. My Windows 10 version is 1607. It’s managed by my organization and I cannot manually update.
    3. Same problem with the Dark Theme, so is this an Eclipse issue then ?

Thanks.

#665724 Reply

support-swapna

kahldar,

Thank you for the details.
    It looks like running on older version of Windows 10 might be the problem as per this user’s report.

If you cannot update the Windows 10 at this point, then the only suggestion is to downgrade your Eclipse installation to 2020-06 for better support with Dark themes.

Hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
Reply To: Invisible Treeview Components

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in