facebook

ios icon and splash

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Mobile Tooling

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author

MalakSadik
    Participant

hi
    in config.xml, i tried to set the default icon and splash screen from the branding folder. but non of them appear on my ios when I build the application.

#353662 Reply

Hi,

Can you make sure you changed the default icon.png and splash.png image which is located in the www directory?

Also, make sure the defaults are set in the config.xml file.

If this does not work please let us know the device and OS that is having the issues.

Thanks,

#353709 Reply

MalakSadik
    Participant

yes i did, under www then branding i added the icon and the splash .png. after that, from the config.xml under images i refer to those two images.
    but when i install the app through gapdebug theres is no icon nor splash on my iphone (iOS 8.1.1).
    how can i solve that

#353712 Reply

Hi,

It sounds like they may not be set for device, make sure you set all of them in the config and they are correctly sized for the devices. Are you building locally or remotely?

#353715 Reply

MalakSadik
    Participant

the images are 120×120 for the icon and 640×1136 for the splash.
    I even tried the default icon image used in the date-time app but did not work either.
    i used remote build.

#353716 Reply

Hi,
    Different devices need different sizes and some will not use the default ones. To ensue you have them for your device its best to set all of them in the config file, I do this even if I don’t plan to using it on that device just to be sure.

I have include a screen shot of the areas to fill out in the config file.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #353719 Reply

MalakSadik
    Participant

I already did but still. Is it the images naming? Also,
    In which folder should I put those images? I can see that you have them at the res folder.I have them inside the branding folder under icon and screen folders.

#353721 Reply

MalakSadik
    Participant

I really need to solve this asap.

#353726 Reply

CrikeyMate

I might be able to help. After running the ant build copy all your images to their appropriate folders inside the BRANDING folder. Also copy a large screen image (I use 750×1334) to the WWW folder. REFRESH THE PROJECT! Fill in all the requirements in the config file them save it. REFRESH! Run phonegap build. Good Luck

#353729 Reply

Hi,

Yes, it is best to keep them in the branding folder. I also tend to stick the the iOS naming convention to make it easier to get the right ones in the right spot. Also, if you are doing a local build try checking the clean build button and see if that helps. If you are doing an remote build try going on their site and deleting the project to start fresh.

Thanks,

#353732 Reply

MalakSadik
    Participant

@CrikeyMate wrote:

I might be able to help. After running the ant build copy all your images to their appropriate folders inside the BRANDING folder. Also copy a large screen image (I use 750×1334) to the WWW folder. REFRESH THE PROJECT! Fill in all the requirements in the config file them save it. REFRESH! Run phonegap build. Good Luck

please explain more, i’m new to my eclipse.
    – How to do “ant build”. i already did it when i imported the mobione project
    – then copied my images in the branding folder and referred to each in the config.
    – “large image in the www folder” where exactly in www. should i then refer to as the default screen in the config?
    – could you suggest a good way to transform my images to 24 bit
    – another Q: I tried to install the app to a new iphone through gapdebug but nothing happens! do i need to register this phone in apple developer?
    – last thing, the first screen in my app (after the spinner), bounces down when the status bar appear. how can i change that?

#353736 Reply

MalakSadik
    Participant

I even tried this

link rel="apple-touch-startup-image" href="icon.png" />
    <link rel="apple-touch-startup-image" href="splash.png" />

the “splashScreen=screen”. is this correct in my case?
    and I add the images to the www folder.
    I also set the splash delayto 10000.
    but with no progress. the app icon is still the white default icon and no splash screen appears when i launch the app!
    this is my config:

i also have noticed that all my homescreen bookmarks icons(safari pages) turned to that blank icon in my iphone!

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="no"?>
    <widget 
        xmlns="http://www.w3.org/ns/widgets" 
        xmlns:gap="http://phonegap.com/ns/1.0" 
        xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/mobione/android"
        id="vtebuilder.id" 
        version="1.0.0">
        <description>- Risk assessment Calculator for risk of VTE for hospitalized patients at different situations
    - Step by step diagnostic approach for DVT and PE
    - User friendly application which includes different risk calculators at different medical, surgical, and obstetric patients.
    - Interactive application which includes different precautionary tools before the use of different anticoagulation.
    - The application uses a color coding of different risk scores and levels of recommendation.</description>
        <author email="gzahergrty@kddau.edu.sa">G F Zaher</author>

<!-- Either rename your prj startup html file to index.html or replace index.html below
             with the name of your project startup html file 
        -->
        <content src="Home.html"/>

<!-- Uncomment and edit to specify a specific phonegap version 
             otherwise use PhoneGap Build will use the most recent version 
        -->
        <!-- <preference name="phonegap-version" value="3.5.0"/> -->

<preference name="StatusBarOverlaysWebView" value="false"/> 
        <preference name="StatusBarBackgroundColor" value="#000000"/>
        <preference name="StatusBarStyle" value="lightcontent"/>
        <!-- <preference name="ios-statusbarstyle" value="black-opaque"/> -->

<!-- For a descripton of preferences see 
               http://docs.build.phonegap.com/en_US/configuring_preferences.md.html#Preferences 
         -->
        <preference name="permissions" value="none"/>
        <preference name="orientation" value="default"/>
        <preference name="target-device" value="universal"/>
        <preference name="fullscreen" value="false"/> <!-- set false to show android statusbar -->
        <preference name="webviewbounce" value="true"/>
        <preference name="prerendered-icon" value="true"/>
        <preference name="stay-in-webview" value="false"/>
        <preference name="detect-data-types" value="true"/>
        <preference name="exit-on-suspend" value="false"/>
        <preference name="show-splash-screen-spinner" value="false"/>
        <preference name="SplashScreen" value="splash" />
         <preference name="SplashScreenDelay" value="10000" />
        <!-- <preference name="auto-hide-splash-screen" value="true"/> -->    
        <preference name="disable-cursor" value="false"/>
        <preference name="android-minSdkVersion" value="7"/>
        <preference name="android-installLocation" value="auto"/>

<!-- Core cordova/phonegap plugins -->
        <gap:plugin name="org.apache.cordova.battery-status"/>
        <gap:plugin name="org.apache.cordova.camera"/>
        <gap:plugin name="org.apache.cordova.media-capture"/>
        <gap:plugin name="org.apache.cordova.console"/>
        <gap:plugin name="org.apache.cordova.contacts"/>
        <gap:plugin name="org.apache.cordova.device"/>
        <gap:plugin name="org.apache.cordova.device-motion"/>
        <gap:plugin name="org.apache.cordova.device-orientation"/>
        <gap:plugin name="org.apache.cordova.dialogs"/>
        <gap:plugin name="org.apache.cordova.file"/>
        <gap:plugin name="org.apache.cordova.file-transfer"/>
        <gap:plugin name="org.apache.cordova.geolocation"/>
        <gap:plugin name="org.apache.cordova.globalization"/>
        <gap:plugin name="org.apache.cordova.inappbrowser"/>
        <gap:plugin name="org.apache.cordova.media"/>
        <gap:plugin name="org.apache.cordova.network-information"/>
        <gap:plugin name="org.apache.cordova.splashscreen"/>
        <gap:plugin name="org.apache.cordova.vibration"/>

<!-- MobiOne plugins  -->
        <gap:plugin name="com.badrit.emailcomposer"/>
        <gap:plugin name="com.genuitec.mobione.phoneui"/>
        <gap:plugin name="com.phonegap.plugins.childbrowser"/>
        <gap:plugin name="org.apache.cordova.statusbar"/>

<!-- Default app icon appearing on device homescreen -->    
        <icon src="www/icon.png"/>

<!-- Android app branding artwork -->
        <gap:splash gap:platform="android" gap:qualifier="port-ldpi" src="branding/screen/android/screen-ldpi-portrait.png"/>
        <gap:splash gap:platform="android" gap:qualifier="port-mdpi" src="branding/screen/android/screen-mdpi-portrait.png"/>
        <gap:splash gap:platform="android" gap:qualifier="port-hdpi" src="branding/screen/android/screen-hdpi-portrait.png"/>
        <gap:splash gap:platform="android" gap:qualifier="port-xhdpi" src="branding/screen/android/screen-xhdpi-portrait.png"/>

<!-- iOS app branding artwork -->
        <icon gap:platform="ios" width="144" height="144" src="branding/icon/ios/icon-72-2x.png"/>

<!-- Whitelist of urls this app may open in an InAppBrowser -->
        <access origin="*"/>

<!-- Configure remote debugging on Android 4.4 & greater.                     -->
        <!--  Overrides MyEclipse Build dialog's debug mode.                          -->
        <!-- Set android:debuggable="true" to enable remote debugging.                -->
        <!-- Set android:debuggable="false" or remove element for production release. -->
        <!-- 
        <gap:config-file parent="/manifest" platform="android">
             <application android:debuggable="false"/>
        </gap:config-file>
        -->

<gap:plugin name="de.appplant.cordova.plugin.printer"
            version="0.6.1" source="plugins.cordova.io">
        </gap:plugin>
        <gap:platform name="ios"/>
        <icon height="120" gap:platform="ios" width="120" src="www/branding/icon/ios/icon-60-2x.png"/>
        <icon height="114" gap:platform="ios" width="114" src="www/branding/icon/ios/icon-57-2x.png"/>
        <icon height="512" gap:platform="ios" width="512" src="www/branding/icon/ios/icon512.png"/>
        <icon height="152" gap:platform="ios" width="152" src="www/branding/icon/ios/icon152.png"/>
        <name>VTE</name>
        <gap:splash height="1136" gap:platform="ios" width="640" src="www/branding/screen/ios/KAU640-1136.png"/>
        <gap:splash height="768" gap:platform="ios" width="1024" src="www/branding/screen/ios/KAU768-1024.png"/>
        <gap:splash height="960" gap:platform="ios" width="640" src="www/branding/screen/ios/KAU640-960.png"/>
        <icon height="60" gap:platform="ios" width="60" src="www/branding/icon/ios/icon-60.png"/>
        <icon height="57" gap:platform="ios" width="57" src="www/branding/icon/ios/icon-57.png"/>
        <icon height="72" gap:platform="ios" width="72" src="www/branding/icon/ios/icon-72.png"/>
        <gap:splash height="480" gap:platform="ios" width="320" src="www/branding/screen/ios/KAU320-480.png"/>
        <gap:splash src="www/splash.png"/></widget>

#353739 Reply

CrikeyMate

First thing, yes you do need to have your iPhone UDID registered with Apple in ‘devices’ then you will need to edit the provisioning profile you are using to include this device, download the edited profile and use this when building the app.

I use Adobe Fireworks for images and have done for best part of 10 years but if you google 32 bit to 24 bit png or something like that it will give you options.

You could probably download a trial version of fireworks from Adobe but I know they are phasing it out.

If you want to zip your images up and send them to me I will do it for you.

Just try this, create a splash image 750×1334 24 bit png. Save it and copy it to the branding folder in ME.

Then copy it to the www folder in ME, just right click the www folder and paste then refresh your project. Support told me to do this ages ago, not sure if it’s still necessary but I don’t have any splash screen problems.

It’s all I bit difficult when I cannot see what you are doing.

#353742 Reply

MalakSadik

Correct, any device you install an app on in development must be registered on Apple.

About the icons and splash screens:
    Is this happening with both local and remote builds?
    Can you also give me the build number of your MyEclipse?

Thanks,

#353743 Reply

MalakSadik
    Participant

I cant do local on windows for ios it says “OS X only”.
    My eclipse version 2015 CI 10
    Build id: 13.0.0-20150115

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
Reply To: ios icon and splash

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in