facebook

ios icon and splash

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Mobile Tooling

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author

Hi,

In your config.xml can you change this line:

<icon src=”www/icon.png”/>

to

<icon src=”icon.png”/>

That should hopefully fix the issue.

#353748 Reply

MalakSadik
    Participant

here is the .html

<link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="icon.png" />
        <link rel="apple-touch-startup-image" href="splash.png" />
        <link rel="apple-touch-startup-image" sizes="640x1096" href="images/splash_640x1096.jpeg" media=
          "(device-width: 320px) and (device-height: 568px) and (-webkit-device-pixel-ratio: 2)"/>
        <link rel="apple-touch-startup-image" sizes="768x1004" href="images/splash_768x1004.jpeg" media=
          "(device-width: 768px) and (device-height: 1024px) and (orientation: portrait) and (-webkit-device-pixel-ratio: 1)"
          />
        <link rel="apple-touch-startup-image" sizes="1024x748" href="images/splash_1024x748.jpeg" media=
          "(device-width: 768px) and (device-height: 1024px) and (orientation: landscape) and (-webkit-device-pixel-ratio: 1)"
          />
        <link rel="apple-touch-startup-image" sizes="1536x2008" href="images/splash_1536x2008.jpeg" 
          media=
          "(device-width: 768px) and (device-height: 1024px) and (orientation: portrait) and (-webkit-device-pixel-ratio: 2)"
          />
        <link rel="apple-touch-startup-image" sizes="2048x1496" href="images/splash_2048x1496.jpeg" 
          media=
          "(device-width: 768px) and (device-height: 1024px) and (orientation: landscape) and (-webkit-device-pixel-ratio: 2)"
          />
        <link rel="apple-touch-startup-image" sizes="320x480" href="images/KAU320-480.png" media=
          "(device-width: 320px) and (device-height: 480px) and (-webkit-device-pixel-ratio: 1)"/>

ps. the icon.png and splash.png are on the www folder and
    my ios is 8.1

will this icon appearance problem affect my app when i upload it to the app store since i’m going to upload the icon image in itunes connect .

and why when i launch the app on my iphone, while the status bar hidden, a white space appears below the screen like if the screen is shifted up. then when the status bar appears, the screen shifts down to its normal place.

Also,do i need to used release provisioning instead of debug and build the app with the release mode in order to upload my files to itunes connect. could you suggest a good reference.
    thanks

#353749 Reply

MalakSadik
    Participant

@support-brandon wrote:

Hi,

In your config.xml can you change this line:

<icon src=”www/icon.png”/>

to

<icon src=”icon.png”/>

That should hopefully fix the issue.

yes yes yes yes finalllllyyyyy the icon worked but the splash didnt any other suggestions. also regarding my other questions in prev post?

#353758 Reply

Hi,

The splash screen might need the same modification. You should be fine for the app store build as well with this. I have several apps in the stores built with MyEclipse.

For the white space on the screen you probably need to update your resource file to the latest download and phoneui file. This was fixed on all devices:
    http://www.genuitec.com/mobile/mobione/templates/MyEclipse-BuildM1ProjectTutorialPack_latest.zip

Yes, if you release in the store you will need a distribution profile. One key thing is when you go from a development to a distribution profile make sure thats all you change so you don’t risk an error in the app. Even a small mistake can break it and cause the stores to reject it.
    https://www.genuitec.com/products/myeclipse/learning-center/mobile/ios-application-provisioning-requirements/

#353767 Reply

MalakSadik
    Participant

@support-brandon wrote:

Hi,

The splash screen might need the same modification. You should be fine for the app store build as well with this. I have several apps in the stores built with MyEclipse.

For the white space on the screen you probably need to update your resource file to the latest download and phoneui file. This was fixed on all devices:
    http://www.genuitec.com/mobile/mobione/templates/MyEclipse-BuildM1ProjectTutorialPack_latest.zip
    /

for the splash i did every thing as i did to the icon, could you see the config and html file. but did not work

for the white space, i replaced the files i have with the ones in this zip. what should i no next. should i only refresh the project and build?

#353768 Reply

Hi,

Yes you should refresh and build any time you make changes to outside files.

Also make sure the splash screen is the correct size, I use the ipHone 5s sizing and it seems to work best for all the devices.

In the config it should be like this:
    <gap:splash src=”splash.png”/>

#353769 Reply

MalakSadik
    Participant

I replaced the mobione template with the updated one from windows file explorer. I ran an ant build and again replaced the iphoneue in res folder with the new one. but it seems that nothing changed in the app.

regarding the splash, thats what i already did.

#353770 Reply

Hmm, it sounds like something got missed. I don’t suggest just copying it over, I suggest redoing the project to make sure nothing got missed.

#353771 Reply

MalakSadik
    Participant

@support-brandon wrote:

Hmm, it sounds like something got missed. I don’t suggest just copying it over, I suggest redoing the project to make sure nothing got missed.

you mean to create a new project?

#353773 Reply

Correct, Ive found its easier than trying to find errors and issues with existing ones.

#353775 Reply

MalakSadik
    Participant

unfortunately,the new project did not fix the white space and bounce problem of the home screen.

#353782 Reply

Hi,

I know with the latest download pack the white space was fixed on all of our tests as well as some other users testing it using the date-time sample. There can be something interfering with the status bar plugin causing it not too engage.My suggestion would be to install it on a device and open in a debugger to see if there are any potential issues at start up.

#353785 Reply

MalakSadik
    Participant

I’ll try to do that again
    No progress to the splash screen
    And when i installed the app on ios 7 the splash was the default icon.png image of the date-time project and the application including the status bar shifted to the middle of the screen with a black backround around while the bottom of the app was cropped and the screen won’t rotate! How can i fix that

#353856 Reply

MalakSadik
    Participant

haven’t solved the problems yet: the flash, the status bar and the ios problems.
    Any other help?

#353961 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

Malak,

Many apologies for letting this slip through the gaps.

I’m not sure what your current status is but this FAQ may be of relevance to some of the problems mentioned in this topic.

If you have further problems, please let us know.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
Reply To: ios icon and splash

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in