facebook

iOS7 and the future

1. MobiOne Archive
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help – General
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 49 total)
  • Author

DinoCrivelli

@everest

Windows – Settings – HTML Generation – IOS – Enable full-screen mode

#342584 Reply

SonamGyato

I’m using v2.2 and don’t have that option.

I was wondering whether you could create a webapp – with and without
    that option checked.

and then find out the differences in the generated html page.

I would appreciate that!

Thanks.

#342588 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

>and then find out the differences in the generated html page.

The code diff is the inclusion of the meta-tag
    <apple-mobile-web-app-capable content=”yes”>

Here is the apple ref: http://goo.gl/VGDYQC

#342595 Reply

DinoCrivelli

@wayne

I loaded MobiOne Milestone 2.5. There are already improvements for ios7?
    be mobione 2.3.2 and 2.5 equally adapted for iOS7? When we can expect an update? (no, I don’t want to upset or stress you ;o)

you can help me?

there is the possibility that the webclip ios7 recognizes if anyone uses iOS7 or an older version? for ipad and iphone I control this with:

phoneui.documentReadyHandler = function() {
    n=window.screen.height;

if (n < 900)
    {
    phoneui.gotoPage(‘m1-index’, ‘NONE’);}
    if (n > 900)
    {
    phoneui.gotoPage(‘m1-pindex’, ‘NONE’);}

This also works with the operating System? That Android and iPhones to version 6 go on one page and ios7 on another page?

that would help me very much. otherwise it is almost impossible to build a webclip that supported equally the size of iPhone4, iPhone5, with old bars, with the new iOS7 bars, with hide toolbar or Android.

#342607 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

>I loaded MobiOne Milestone 2.5. There are already improvements for ios7? be mobione 2.3.2 and 2.5 equally adapted for iOS7? When we can expect an update? (no, I don’t want to upset or stress you ;o)

Yes, MobiOne 2.5 milestone-2 includes improvements for the compatibility of applications on iOS7. For web apps we are continuing to work for a solution to the UI layout of webapps when run in Mobile Safari as a regular webpage. I can not say when this will be resolved. We know root cause at a very technical level but don’t yet have a solution. For webclip issues, Mobile Safari requires an update from apple to fix the many its problems.

I’m thinking about your request for conditionally loading a screen ui specific to device size. I have asked the dev team to assist with any potential workarounds. We had several brainstorm session when evaluating the ios7 betas and setting our current state. We did not discuss creating an optional UI layout specific for iOS7 on mobile safari with dynamic address and nav bars. I’ll follow up with you as soon as I have more to share.

#342618 Reply

SonamGyato

Thanks Wayne.

I’ve been able to hold my customers at bay – maybe at best about 2 weeks.

I think a workaround solution from your company will be much faster
    than ios 7.1.

I’ll just wait for now.

#342619 Reply

mazhong77

Wayne,

When will the new production version of Mobione with more recent version of Cordova/PhoneGap be available (for iOS7 issue fix)? Or should I use Mobione milestone 2.5 instead? Please clarify. Thanks!

#342620 Reply

SonamGyato

Also, I just wanted to confirm.

If I went native w/ Cordova etc – it has to be in the app store right?

Getting back to the webapp issue and why the BACK button doesn’t work in ios7.

I’ve got another button tied to a screen transition (incidentally back to the previous
    page also) and that works fine. the BACK button doesn’t work.

Wayne – can you tell me the reason for this differentiation.

I tested my webapp by disabling full-screen mode.

Looks like this requires an uninstall to take effect…no matter.

Things work as they should – except the BACK button is still inop.

Does this BACK button feature do something unusual than just switching
    to a different sub-page within the html file.

As usinfo suggested, maybe a temp solution is a special formatting for ios7 –
    i don’t think this needs to be ios7.

if ( browser is in full screen mode )
    allow for spacing for the address bar and the toolbar at the bottom.
    else
    normal spacing.

Thanks.

#342631 Reply

Hi Wayne and Octavio, I am not sure if this is the right place to post. I have downloaded the latest Mobione update (milestone 2). I notice that all my javascript functions are performed twice when I run in test centre. I am writing a basketball stats app and the various buttons that run javascript functions behave as if tapped twice. This includes Jquery functions such as SlideToggle() which now cause a panel to slide down and then up rather than down on the first tap and up on the second, as well as my own functions for adding to basketball stats such as:

function threepointer(){
    currentstat=7;
    switch(homestat){
    case true:
    homethreepointers++;
    homescore+=3;
    homeplayerstats[homeplayer][7]++;
    homeplayerstats[homeplayer][12]+=3;
    $(‘#m1-StatrecorderCollect-custom10’).html(‘3 POINTER ‘ + homeplayerstats[homeplayer][7]);
    rotate_homescore();
    $(‘#m1-StatrecorderCollect-custom20’).html(homescore);
    $(‘#m1-StatrecorderCollect-text8’).text(‘3 Pointer Made’);
    homeplayerstat_display();
    break;
    case false:
    awaythreepointers++;
    awayscore+=3;
    awayplayerstats[awayplayer][7]++;
    awayplayerstats[awayplayer][12]+=3;
    $(‘#m1-StatrecorderCollect-custom10’).html(‘3 POINTER ‘ + awayplayerstats[awayplayer][7]);
    rotate_awayscore();
    $(‘#m1-StatrecorderCollect-custom21’).html(awayscore);
    $(‘#m1-StatrecorderCollect-text8’).text(‘3 Pointer Made’);
    awayplayerstat_display();
    }
    zoomaction();
    }

So for this function 6 points are now added instead of 3. Hope this helps with diagnoses problems in the latest release, regards Dave.

#342644 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

I posted a review of HTML issues on iOS 7 here: http://www.genuitec.com/support-genuitec/viewtopic.php?p=20619&f=2#p20619

It outlines the homescreen/webclip issues with appcache and back button as well as a number of other issues.

#342919 Reply

DinoCrivelli

Hi Wayne

may I ask if there’s news? How goes it with the adjustment of MobiOne on iOS7. A clean HTML adjustment would be nice. Now that you can not produce full-screen apps would be nice if the size of the sites on the new Safari with the new address- toolbar would be adjusted. I always get a 5 mm wide margin. And of course, also would be great, the new safari bars would react dynamically to mobiOne sites.

Are there any news from Apple? Of course I did not get any answers to various messages of support and bug report…

Unfortunately, I believe no longer that “add to homescreen” Clips are supported again.

Best regards

#343060 Reply

DinoCrivelli

I get no answer…?

#343269 Reply

DinoCrivelli

🙁

#343273 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

>may I ask if there’s news?

We are waiting on Apple to update iOS7 with fixes to restore full-screen webapp features.

#343281 Reply

Paul_paul
    Participant

but don’t hold your breath!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 49 total)
Reply To: iOS7 and the future

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in