facebook

m9 is out – what’s the scoop on 3.8 ? [Closed]

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Eclipse News
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
  • Author

Nabil Suleiman
    Participant

*drool*

BTW, is there is any limprovment in Eclipse M9/RC1 performance on Linux ? I haven’t really try it seriously yet.

#207709 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

I’m not sure on Linux. It seems to run much better on Windows and Mac (the two platforms I work on) than M8 but still not as quickly as 2.1. Also, I do notice that the memory requirements seem about double what they are with Eclipse 2.1 when running them side by side. For example, if you’re running 512MB of RAM, it’s going to be a little tight with Eclipse 3.0 and a debug application server running.

#207710 Reply

bort

Put your hand up if you’ve got a GIG O RAM! 😈

#207711 Reply

Nabil Suleiman
    Participant

oki dok .. will have to give it a run it and see …. thanx scott

#207712 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

I must confess: I have a gig of RAM in my laptop and don’t know how I ever did with less. Of course, I’m often running Eclipse, a PDE-launched version of MyEclipse, and a server or two in order to test features so I really need that much RAM; especially now the Eclipse 3.0 has doubled it’s memory footprint.

#207713 Reply

bort

Yeah… the laptop I’m using now, I got about 14 months ago, and I made sure I had a GIGRAM in it. At the time it seemed a little silly… but I am definitely happy with the decision to make the investment.

#207715 Reply

vbfischer

@support-scott wrote:

>Where in Texas are you guys? I used to live in, and still have relatives in the Auston area…

Looks like you need to check out our ‘Howdy, where y’all from thread here: 😉
    https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/from-support-howdy-where-y-all-from/

Oh yeah, and we still use the traditional spelling of ‘Austin’. 😉

Well… I was about 5 years old then 🙂 darn keyboard, who switched my i and o…

#207717 Reply

binyan

The ME site has gotten slow. Would you people please refrain from hitting refresh/reload every 5 minutes, it is lowing down MY reloads. I’ll be happy to post a message about 3.8B1 after I have downloaded it. 🙂

Binyan

#207718 Reply

snpe

Will You released me for eclipse M9 (m9rc1) today ?

M9 is more better than M8 and I waiting for M9 version ME

regards

#207719 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Yes, it’s coming later today. I’ll post a followup on this thread as soon as the downloads are available so you might want to check the ‘Notify me when a reply is posted’ setting.

#207720 Reply

snpe

Fine.Thanks Scott.
    Does HTMl preview work on Linux – I set HTML widget for eclipse help and javadoc view (I must compile mozilla 1.6 from source, but it is great)

regards

#207721 Reply

Nabil Suleiman
    Participant

well, my resoruces are spread horizontally. I.e. 2 512 MB RAM machines and a couple oldies on 128MBs on my local net. Plus a couple of servers on datacenters some for work/production some are just scratch boards (boxes ?). Eclipse perminatly run on one machine here. Servers on other machines. And I know, debugging and stuff the eclipse/MyEclipse way not possible, but I learned how to read logs on the servers :D.

oh well, need upgrade soon anyways.

#207724 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Does HTMl preview work on Linux

I’m not sure what question you’re asking, so I’ll ask two others and answer them instead. 🙂

1) Are the new WYSIWYG HTML editing capabilities available on Linux?
    A1: No, at the moment that feature windows-only, but we’re looking at crossplatform solutions for the future.

2) It the JSP/HTML preview feature available on Linux?
    A2: Not in 3.8 Beta-1, but we’re planning to add it for 3.8 Beta 2.

#207737 Reply

snpe

My question is 2 (html preview) – I think that isn’t big problme with html widget – eclipse javadoc view work with this.

I see in lomboz – when I have jsp page I have servlet tab and I can see servlet for this jsp – this is not too hard add in MyEclipse

I don’t know how WYSIWYG HTML editing work, but new Eclipse Forms can help – plugin org.eclipse.ui.forms

Thanks

#207742 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Ok, the binaries are in the staging area. It’s just a little time for web guys to get them linked to the download page. Possibly by the time you read this they’ll be available.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
Reply To: m9 is out – what’s the scoop on 3.8 ? [Closed]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in