facebook

MyEclipse Database Explorer – Schema not expanding

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

janeantony
    Participant

I’m using MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench Version 10 and using the Database Explorer to connect to my IBM DB2 database. I’ve beeen using the JDBC driver jars version 10.5 FP5 to connect. It was working fine and suddenly for the past couple of months, I was not able to expand the Schema in the DB Browser window.

I also tried to use the V9.7 FP10 drivers but still got the same results. I can query the tables and all using the Sql editor window. I just cannot expand the schema.

Please help me with this issue.

Thanks
    Jane

#395707 Reply

support-swapna

Jane,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue.

Version earlier than MyEclipse 2014 are no longer fully supported. We try and assist licensed users working with earlier versions but no fixes will be made to the earlier versions.

I strongly recommend you move to our latest release, MyEclipse 2015 (based on Eclipse Luna). MyEclipse 2015 is far more stable and has several enhancements and fixes when compared to MyEclipse 10.x.

Please download the latest MyEclipse 2015 installer from here : https://www.genuitec.com/products/myeclipse/download/

Install MyEclipse 2015 to a different location alongside your existing MyEclipse 10.x installation. Your current license is valid for MyEclipse 2015 as well.

If you cannot update to MyEclipse 2015 at this point of time, then please ‘PM’ us your license details to help us verify our support.

Let us know if you have any questions.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#395795 Reply

janeantony
    Participant

Hi Swapna,

Thanks for the quick reply! I downloaded and installed MyEclipse 2015 and tried connecting to my DB2 Database using both IBM V10.5 FP5 and V9.7 FP10 driver jars. This is what I see. I can expand my DB schema now but my schema has only three options.

NXXXX (Schema)
    PROCEDURE
    FUNCTION
    TRIGGER

And I’m not able to expand any of these 3 options.

Thanks,
    Jane

#395889 Reply

support-swapna

Jane,

Thank you for trying MyEclipse 2015.

While I investigate the issue at my end, can you please give me some more details ? :

1. What is the driver template you have selected? Please send us the screenshot of the New Database Connection wizard along with the full names of the driver jars.

2. Please recheck if you are using the correct driver jars as per the driver template selected.Ex : If the driver template is ‘IBM DB2(Universal Type 2 driver) then the correct driver class is : com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver

3. Please switch to a new workspace, configure the IBM DB2, replicate the issue and send us the .log file located at workspace dir/.metadata/.log for further investigation. Also share with us the exact version of IBM DB2 you are working with.

Let us know how it works for you.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#396035 Reply

janeantony
    Participant

Below are the required details you asked for.

1. I’m using the IBM DB2(Universal driver) template. The drive jar file name is db2jcc4-4.19.26-10.5.jar. I’m attaching the screen shot od the connection wizard.

2. I’m selecting the IBM DB2(Universal driver) for Driver template and com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver for driver class name while creating a connection. But when I open(Edit) the connection again, the Driver template is blank.

3. I’m attaching the .log file here. The IBM DB2 version we are using in DB2 V11 CM.

Thanks,
    Jane

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #396075 Reply

janeantony
    Participant

Adding the log again.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #396101 Reply

support-swapna

Jane,

Thank you for the details.

1. Are you working with a remote DB2 server? Please give us details about the setup.
    2. The driver jar you are using (db2jcc4-4.19.26-10.5.jar) is for DB2 v10.5 and might not be compatible with DB2 v11. Please recheck and use the driver that comes with the DB2 installation.

Let us know how it works for you.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#396124 Reply

janeantony
    Participant

1. Yes. We are connecting remotely. Please let me know what specific details are you looking for.
    2. The version number 10.5 is specific to the db2jcc jar and not in relation to the DB2 version. DB2 V10.5 jar files do support IBM Db2 V11 database.

Thanks,
    Jane

#396127 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

Jane,

We’re looking for any details that might help us understand what is causing the problem, since we can’t replicate it locally. The environment that the remote DB2 instance is running on, for example. DB2 V11 doesn’t appear to be available for Windows or Linux systems. This makes it difficult to replicate your situation in order to try to replicate your problem. Also, can you confirm that you can access the schema elements remotely, with other tools or programs? If possible, it would be useful to determine if this problem exists when accessing a local DB2 instance.

#396166 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

Jane,

We’ve tried connecting to a DB2 10.5 instance, running on a remote Windows system. We don’t see an error. We can’t replicate your situation exactly, since we don’t have DB2 11 and don’t know what your remote system is. I suspect that the issue is related to the DB2 version, how the remote DB2 instance is configured, the OS on which the DB2 instance is running and/or the version of the JDBC driver. Please see my last reply, also.

#452308 Reply

janeantony
    Participant

Hi Tony,

Thanks for looking into this issue! We are able to connect to this Database using Eclipse and IBM Data Studio and everything works fine(Expanding the schema and stuffs). We are using the same IBM JDBC driver jar files(V9.7/V10.5 FP4) to connect through MyEclipse, Eclipse and IBM Data Studio. Since it works with Eclipse and IBM DataStudio, we are trying to figure out if the issue is with MyEclipse.

Thanks,
    Jane

#452373 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

Jane,

I’ve asked development to take a look but we haven’t been able to replicate, as mentioned previously.

To try an ensure we have maximum information:

1. Which remote system is DB2 11 running on? What is the system that MyEclipse is running on?
    2. Are there any relevant errors in the error log? If so, please export the error log and attach it (though please clear the log first, then replicate the problem before exporting it).
    3. As you can connect with MyEclipse, can you check whether you can run SQL queries against it? You can right click on the “Connected to …” node and open a SQL editor to run SQL queries. Any error show pop up a dialog and appear in the error log.
    #452430 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Jane,

A few additional questions.

1) Just a sanity check, but in the screenshot that you included earlier, the connection URL had template values and not an actual URL. I’m assuming you are keying in the right URL?

2) You mentioned it works for other tooling – are you using the same connection string and is that from the same machine? Same username and password too?

3) Can you expand any of the other nodes – Procedure, Function or Trigger?

When it worked, I’m assuming you saw a TABLE node, which you were able to expand further, is that correct?

4) Could anything have changed on the server side as far as permissions are concerned?

#452483 Reply

janeantony
    Participant

Hi Brian,

Below is my response

1) Yes! I keyed in the correct URL to connect to the DB. I didn’t want to put my company DB URL in the forum.

2) Yes! Same URL, same credentials and same machine.

3) No! I cannot expand any of the three nodes that are getting displayed. In Eclipse and IBM Data Studio, I do see a TABLE node and am able to expand it.

4) Nothing changed from the server side.

Thanks,
    Jane

#452589 Reply

janeantony
    Participant

Hi Tony,

Please find my answers below.

1. The DB servers are running in Mainframes. MyEclipse is running on Windows & Enterprise.
    2. I don’t see any errors in the error log. The trace also don’t have any error.
    3. I can run a query against the connect with no issues. The problem is with expanding the SCHEMA on the left hand side.

Thanks,
    Jane

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
Reply To: MyEclipse Database Explorer – Schema not expanding

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in