facebook

MyEclipse for Windows 7 64Bits

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Feature Requests
Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Author

Brian Fernandes

JC,

Thanks for being candid with us, I have shared your thoughts with our executive team.

As far as Helios is concerned, we will be releasing a release based on Helios towards the beginning of September. Unfortunately Helios does not include a 64bit XULRunner build, but we will consider a MyEclipse version without the blocking features for the immediate future. We remain committed to finding the “complete” solution to this problem allowing all MyEclipse features to be used.

#310594 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

J.C.

First, thank you for your honest and articulate feedback on the issues the lack of a 64-bit build is creating for you as well as your explanation of where you find value in MyEclipse and where you do not. We’ve taken your comments to our product management team and basically, they agree with you. As a result, we’re committed to providing a XULRunner-less 64-bit build of MyEclipse in our very next release, which will be 9.0M1 (based on Helios) in early September. In the longer term we’ll continue to look for solutions that will enable us to re-enable the few features that depend on XULRunner (while maintaining 64-bit compatibility) as we move forward.

Thank you again for taking the time to provide an honest critique — we listen and do our best to constantly improve.

#311307 Reply

b4l4nc3r

+1 for 64 bit. Need to allocate more RAM than 1500 MB for VP (http://www.visual-paradigm.com/) SDE plugin on big projects. Can’t do it on the 32 bit JVM. Running on 64 bit Windows 7 with 8 GB of RAM. We’re past early September now, which indicates unexpected hurdles. Any luck?

#311321 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Actually, we’re doing fine on the work. However, with the Helios 3.6.1 (SR1) refresh coming out on 9/24 our management decided to extend the release date by a couple of weeks so we could ensure compatibility with 3.6.1 while getting a few more updates in with the extra time. We’ll have our updates and QA done by 9/24, but we’ll need to re-integrate and retest on 3.6.1 so that puts our expected delivery at 9/30 as a result. Sorry for the delay, but we will get this 64-bit version out with 9.0M1 while ensuring it works on the latest Eclipse base at that time.

#311352 Reply

patricktsang

It has been expecting for years.
    Please take it as a serious request since many people are looking for this support on their developments.

#311490 Reply

b4l4nc3r

I’m glad that you guys are ensuring updated compatibility as well as high quality. I believe it’s worth waiting the remaining week. Not that we have a better alternative, to be absolutely honest, within the range of such a budget.

#311573 Reply

Erling Molde

I guess XULRunner 64-bit for Windows is just around the corner … Firefox 4.0 (beta yet) is available for Windows x64.

#311607 Reply

Bojan Kaurin

I’m very glad to hear about new version coming soon. Two days left, and counting :).
    Now, I have few questions about this new version, and about features it brought with it.
    So, will 9.0 version support any of the following:
    Java EE 6
    JSF 2.0
    JPA 2.0

In my opinion this is very important and must have in any IDE for new enterprise projects.
    I’m very excited about new features, and I hope this features above will be included in new version.

#311954 Reply

J.C. Hamlin
    Participant

Okay, 9.0M1 is out. I just went to the download page. No Windows 64-bit installer is listed.

The Windows full stack download still has -win32.exe in the name.

Maybe the update site works with Helios 64-bit? It doesn’t specify.

It took a bit of digging, but I found these instructions in the “New and Noteworthy”.

Windows 64: A 64-bit version of MyEclipse is now available for users running 64-bit Windows. To install this version, install a 64-bit version of Pulse and when provisioning MyEclipse 9.0 M1, choose 64-bit. 64-bit All-In-One installers will be released with 9.0 M2 to make the process easier.

I found the 64-bit Pulse here:
    http://www.poweredbypulse.com/download_win.php

I’m going to give this a try right now.

-J.C.

#312019 Reply

b4l4nc3r

Does/should Mec for Spring support 64bit JVM now? Can’t find it, even though I’m sure I’m using Pulse 64bit.

#312063 Reply

Brian Fernandes

I apologize for the delay in posting instructions to this thread, please see this post for instructions on how to install a 64-bit version of MyEclipse.

b4l4nc3r, the 9.0 M1 release of MyEclipse for Spring will support a 64-bit JVM, just like MyEclipse currently does. Unfortunately, there is no 9.0 M1 release for MyEclipse for Spring yet, you can expect one next month.

#312134 Reply

b4l4nc3r

Thanks for the update. I suspected that, but my question was more triggered by the additional availability of the 9.0 M1 Blue Edition next to Mec Pro. But it’s clear now, which is understandable, that you’ve more Blue users to serve, than Spring users. More pay, more support, fundamentally Darwin’s law at work, no way around it. I’ll be anticipating the Spring 9.0 M1 release next month. Keep up the good work.

#312139 Reply

Brian Fernandes

b4l4nc3r,
    Thank you for the compliment. Just to explain why this is – both MyEclipse and MyEclipse Blue are developed simultaneously and exclusively by Genuitec. In fact, it is far easier for us to release both MyEclipse and Blue together as opposed to staggering the releases.

MyEclipse for Spring however is a joint effort by Genuitec and Skyway Software, as such, it follows a different development time-line. I’m afraid I misspoke about a release next month, please keep an eye on this thread for more details, you can post additional questions on ME4S there.

#312224 Reply

b4l4nc3r

You’re welcome. And thanks for your clarity. I’ll post over there about it. But very disappointing news though about the unknown release date, seeing that the MecForSpring joint-team just started with doing some planning, which seems to indicate the lack of enough user interest/push/pull/etc…

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
Reply To: MyEclipse for Windows 7 64Bits

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in