facebook

No "Hibernate" facet available

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

lucavercelli
    Participant

Trying to configure Hibernate reverse-engineering in MyEclipse 10 following this guide:
    https://www.genuitec.com/products/myeclipse/learning-center/persistence/myeclipse-hibernate-tutorial/

However, I cannot see what I expect to find.

If I create a new Java Project, -> Properties -> MyEclipse, there is no “Project facets” submenu!

If I create a new Maven Project, same result.

If I create a new Web Project, -> Properties -> MyEclipse -> Project Facets, there is no facet called
    “Hibernate” (see attachment).

So, I think something is not installed here. Anyway, there is a perspective called Hibernate perspective.

Any idea? thank you.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #513037 Reply

support-swapna

lucavercelli,

Versions earlier than MyEclipse 2016 are no longer fully supported. I am afraid you are working with a very old version of MyEclipse, almost 5-6 years old. The tutorials are based on newer versions of MyEclipse.

In MyEclipse 10.x, the Hibernate facet can be installed by right clicking on the project > MyEclipse > Add Hibernate Capabilities.

I recommend you move to newer version of MyEclipse to stay updated on the support and take advantage of the several fixes and enhancements made to MyEclipse over the past few years.

You can download the latest MyEclipse from here : https://www.genuitec.com/products/myeclipse/download/
    Install it to a different location alongside the existing MyEclipse 10.x installation and use your current license.

Please let us know if you see any issues updating to newer release of MyEclipse.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#513044 Reply

lucavercelli
    Participant

Dear Swapna,
    thank you for your answer. Unluckily I work for a very large company, with tenths of internal installations, and I have no right to upgrade software.

B.t.w., when I right click my project root, I cannot see any “MyEclipse” menu item! Am I missing some plugin?

#513083 Reply

support-swapna

lucavercelli,

Can you please share with us your MyEclipse license details privately to help us evaluate our support? Click on ‘support-swapna’ and click on ‘Private Message’ to share the license details. Also share with us MyEclipse Version and Build id details from menu Help > About MyEclipse section.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: No "Hibernate" facet available

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in