facebook

Not persistent Syntax coloring

1. DevStyle
  2.  > 
  3. Theme Problems
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

mr-franta
    Participant

Hi,

I installed new eclipse:
    Version: Oxygen.1a Release (4.7.1a)
    Build id: 20171005-1200

And I liked idea that it might looks like the IntelliJ Idea – nice dark scheme which looks pretty nice. So I installed this plugin in version 1.8.4.201709142212

I also imported the theme IntelliJ IDEA – Dracula:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <colorTheme id="99999" name="IntelliJ IDEA Dracula" modified="2017-11-07" author="JetBrains">

<searchResultIndication color="#155221" />
        <filteredSearchResultIndication color="#3C704B" />
        <occurrenceIndication color="#424445" />
        <writeOccurrenceIndication color="#424445" />
        <findScope color="#424445" />
        <deletionIndication color="#D25252" />
        <sourceHoverBackground color="#424445" />

<background color="#2B2B2B" />
        <currentLine color="#323232" />
        <foreground color="#A9B7C6" />
        <lineNumber color="#606366" />

<selectionBackground color="#214283" />
        <selectionForeground color="#8C8C8C" />

<singleLineComment color="#808080" italic="false" bold="false" underline="false" strikethrough="false" />
        <multiLineComment color="#808080" italic="false" bold="false" underline="false" strikethrough="false" />
        <commentTaskTag color="#A8C023" italic="false" bold="true" underline="false" strikethrough="false" />
        <javadoc color="#629755" italic="false" bold="false" underline="false" strikethrough="false" />
        <javadocLink color="#8A653B"  italic="false" bold="false" underline="false" strikethrough="false" />
        <javadocTag color="#629755" italic="false" bold="false" underline="true" strikethrough="false" />
        <javadocKeyword color="#77B767" italic="false" bold="false" underline="false" strikethrough="false" />

<deprecatedMember color="#BC3F3C" italic="false" bold="false" underline="false"  strikethrough="true" />

<class color="#A9B7C6" italic="false" bold="false" underline="false" strikethrough="false" />
        <interface color="#A9B7C6" italic="true" bold="false" underline="false" strikethrough="false" />
        <annotation color="#BBB529" italic="false" bold="false" underline="false" strikethrough="false" />
        <enum color="#7FB347" italic="true" bold="false" underline="false" strikethrough="false" />

<typeArgument color="#A9B7C6" italic="false" bold="false" underline="false" strikethrough="false" />
        <typeParameter color="#507874" italic="false" bold="false" underline="false" strikethrough="false" />

<method color="#A9B7C6" italic="false" bold="false" underline="false" strikethrough="false" />
        <methodDeclaration color="#FFC66D" italic="false" bold="false" underline="false" strikethrough="false" />
        <staticMethod color="#A9B7C6" italic="true" bold="false" underline="false" strikethrough="false" />
        <inheritedMethod color="#A9B7C6" italic="false" bold="false" underline="false" strikethrough="false" />
        <abstractMethod color="#A9B7C6" italic="false" bold="false" underline="false" strikethrough="false" />

<constant color="#9876AA" italic="true" bold="true" underline="false" strikethrough="false" />
        <staticFinalField color="#9876AA" italic="true" bold="true" underline="false" strikethrough="false" />
        <localVariable color="#A9B7C6" italic="false" bold="false" underline="false" strikethrough="false" />
        <localVariableDeclaration color="#A9B7C6" italic="false" bold="false" underline="false" strikethrough="false" />
        <field color="#9876AA" italic="false" bold="false" underline="false" strikethrough="false" />
        <staticField color="#9876AA" italic="true" bold="false" underline="false" strikethrough="false" />
        <parameterVariable color="#7EAEF1" italic="false" bold="false" underline="false" strikethrough="false" />

<bracket color="#A9B7C6" italic="false" bold="false" underline="false" strikethrough="false" />
        <number color="#6897BB" italic="false" bold="false" underline="false" strikethrough="false" />
        <string color="#6A8759" italic="false" bold="false" underline="false" strikethrough="false" />
        <operator color="#CC7832" italic="false" bold="false" underline="false" strikethrough="false" />
        <keyword color="#CC7832" italic="false" bold="true" underline="false" strikethrough="false" />

</colorTheme>

And did some additional chanages of the Syntax coloring (which is not possible to do in the XML) by myself in the Java > Editor > Syntax coloring menu.

Then it looked like:
    Before

Each time when I restart the eclipse, it just jumps back to some strange theme (the not theme specific configuration is got lost)
    After

I’m pretty tired, because I configured all languages – Java, Ant, Dtd, Xsd, Xml and now everything is lost…

#541863 Reply

The most common cause for this is Oomph, which likely at some point captured the color configuration you are getting reverted to. The files for Oomph are stored in (user home)/.eclipse/org.eclipse.oomph.setup. Essentially each time Eclipse starts up, it checks for these Oomph files and applies them. Unfortunately Oomph tries to be helpful in this context and with theming, can cause your settings to be lost if you had Oomph on “Recording” mode previously but now have it off. If you delete the files from that directory, reapply the theme you want, and restart, I believe that you will see your colors maintained.

We have a new release coming out in the coming days that has significantly better compatibility including proactively intercepting Oomph from mucking with theming settings to avoid exactly these sorts of situations. Apologies for what you are running into but we’re glad you like the theme. Hopefully we can actually help you keep what you want. 😉

All the best!

#541894 Reply

mr-franta
    Participant

Hi, Thanks for quick response. Unfortenetly it did not help. I tried to remove all agents of Oomph, remove suggested directories but after restart of the Eclipse these directories are recovered and the Theme is corrupted again. I thought that the problem might be also the AnyEdit plugin, but not. I have clean Eclipse installation with these additional plugins:

• Darkest Dark Theme 1.8.4.201709142212
    • XSD – XML Schema Definition SDK 2.13.0.v20170609-0928
    • Swing Designer 1.9.0
    • SimplePropertiesEditor 1.0.5

Also I noticed that when the Eclipse is restarted because of some update or installation of the plugin it do not break the theme. Regular turn off and on do.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by mr-franta.
    #541902 Reply

timwebb
    Keymaster

Hmmm, peculiar!

In our new release (CI 9) that is coming out in the coming days, we’ve cleaned up a number of edge cases between interactions including with Oomph but also fixes in how we apply and track preferences.

If you’d like to give it a go, I’d suggest the following:
    1. Follow the instructions at https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/webclipse-angular-ide-prerelease-stream/ to get the pre-release
    2. After updating, go the preference page, and check the [ ] Force colors option after selecting your editor theme
    3. Restart — hopefully that gets you up and going. If not, could you share your workspace log with us as well as your (workspace)/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.runtime/.settings folder so that we could look at just the preferences set in your workspace?

• This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by timwebb.
    • This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by timwebb.
    #542049 Reply

mr-franta
    Participant

Hi, I followed your instructions and with pre-release version this issue is fixed. I found only strange behavior of checkbox Force colors, which unchecks itself after Eclipse restart. I do not use this option anyway, because I want to override theme for json, yaml, ant editors. Thanks for help.

#542051 Reply

timwebb
    Keymaster

Great, glad you are up and going! The [ ] Force colors checkbox is a one-time action to clean out any manually set colors (or colors incorrectly set by other things like Oomph, Eclipse Color Theme, etc.).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Not persistent Syntax coloring

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in