facebook

Outline View for new classes is not black

1. DevStyle
  2.  > 
  3. Theme Problems
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

kagemaru
    Participant

Hi,

I just updated to Genuitec Base 1.8.1.201706070118 on Eclipse Neon.3 Release (4.6.3).
    Now the “Outline” view on every class file I open(not opended on startup) or create new has a white background instead of the black one.
    If I start/restart Eclipse, the outline on all files that where previously open will be shown in the correct black.
    Attachted is a Screenshot of the outline of a newly created class and that same outline after restarting Eclipse with the file still open.

Thanks

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #525992 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

kagemaru,

Sorry you are seeing an issue with the latest Darkest Dark update. I couldn’t replicate the problem on my system, so could you let us have a little more information to help us replicate it?

1. Can you please let us know which operating system you’re running and whether you’re running a 32 bit or 64 bit install of eclipse?
    2. Do you have other Java development related plugins installed?
    3. Can you please try with a fresh workspace to see if the problem occurs there?
    4. If you still see the problem, please clear the error log, replicate the issue and then attach the error log (you can export it from the error view).
    #526094 Reply

kagemaru
    Participant

Hi,

1. Windows 7 64 Bit with 64 Bit Eclipse
    2. Apart from Darkest Dark Theme I have only one other plugin installed which isn´t direktly Java related. SAP Development Tools for Eclipse Neon – https://tools.hana.ondemand.com/neon
    3. A fresh workspace with only Darkest Dark Theme works fine. Reinstalling the plugin mentioned above and using

The problem seems to have something todo with the outline from the Perspective of the SAP Development Tools or the objects loaded into it. Which worked/works fine with the previous version of the Genuitec Base 1.8.0.201705081336.
    It also seems that switching between the ABAP perspectiv(which has the problem) and the default Java perspective and than back fixes the problem for all currently open ABAP Class files.
    After some further testing it also seems that the problem only occures with the outline undocked from the main eclipse window.

I attachted the error Log with the correspondig error as well. The Log is from opening 1 SAP class. In the fresh workspace I wasn´t able to reproduce the error with a Java class.
    If I read the log right, it seems to have something todo with some icons that can´t be created by the genuitec package.

Attachments:
    #526114 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

kagemaru,

Thanks for the detail on this. So it seems that, with a fresh workspace, you can only replicate the problem when in the SAP ABAP perspective and only with SAP classes when the Outline view is undocked. Is that right? I’ll open a fault report for investigation.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

#526130 Reply

Aaron Lara

@kagemaru, It’s also likely some preference in your workspace is being applied for the outline background. Like sometimes oomph override preferences. If you don’t care much about oomph you could try the following:

– Exit eclipse
    – In a system file explorer or terminal navigate to the .eclipse folder under your user’s home directory.
    – Remov or rename all directories starting with org.eclipse.oomph.*
    – Start eclipse again and see if it works now.

It’s just a posibility but it worths a try.

Good luck!
    Aaron Lara

#526154 Reply

kagemaru
    Participant

@support-tony yes that is right. After some further testing, it seems that the errors are still logged even if the outline is docked, but the outline view itself looks alright.

@aaronlonin
    Thanks for that suggestion. I did as you suggested and that seems to have at least fixed the color problem of the view. I even changed the folders back to the old ones after checking that it worked and it still works. The error log is still generated on opening a SAP class anyway.

#529735 Reply

kagemaru
    Participant

Hi,

i read in the delivery notes for the Oxygen release that this problem should be fixed (at least that his how i interpreted the last line about Oomph and ABAP).
    Im at Version 1.8.3.201707051829 with Eclipse Neon.3 and the Problem still exists. Is that change only for Eclipse Oxygen or will it come to Neon.3 as well? I can´t upgrade to Oxygen yet, because there is no official ABAP Plugin version for Oxygen yet.
    The error Log is now empty. Deleting or renaming the org.eclipse.oomph.* folders also doesn´t seem to fix it anymore.
    I am now at the temporary fix of moving the outline view around and than back to where i want it, which seems to fix it on a per class basis.

#529795 Reply

Aaron Lara

@kagemaru, This fix is indeed also applied to Neon and the fact that you no longer see the error in log indicates this is not failing the same way. It was an invalid thread access error while creating an image, we now handle that in the correct thread.

Regarding the colors you are seeing, it still looks like preferences are not correctly applied. Do you happen to know if abap code is forcing color preferences for the outline view?

Regards,
    Aaron Lara

#529959 Reply

kagemaru
    Participant

@aaronlonin, I can´t find an option(ABAP or general) that would influence the outline background or foreground color. I don´t know enough about the inner workings of the abap plugin to say if there is something in the plugin itself that would cause something like that.
    If I use the default Eclipse Dark Theme, the outline keeps the correct coloring, but that one has worse problemes with abap in other areas.

#530030 Reply

Aaron Lara

@kagemaru, thanks for your detailed information! I managed to replicate the issue locally and it turns out it’s not exclusive to ABAP. We are going to target this issue for a future release.

Thanks agains!
    Aaron Lara

#586660 Reply

kagemaru
    Participant

@aaronlonin, any news as to when this bug will be fixed or how far along it is? The issue seems to be in progress for 10 months, which does seem somewhat long 🙂

#586775 Reply

Aaron Lara

@kagemaru, Apologies for the lack of attention to this issue, the team has been quiet busy lately. We are going to work on a fix for this for the next release. Thanks for the reminder!

Cheers!
    Aaron Lara

#602394 Reply

kagemaru
    Participant

@aaronlonin now that another 6 month have gone by and i belive a few updates did happen, any news?

#602431 Reply

Aaron Lara

@kagemaru, really sorry I didn’t come back to you but we have been focusing in the development of our new product CodeMix. The good news is that we do have a potential fix for it, the bad news is that this fix hasn’t been released.

If you can still see this issue, can you help me proving the fix works for you? I can export a plugin for you to try it in your installation.

Thanks!
    Aaron Lara

#602471 Reply

Aaron Lara

If you are willing to try the fix, here’s what you should do:
    1. Download and extract the attached plugins.zip file
    2. Copy the included .jar into the plugins directory at your eclipse install directory. It should replace the existing one.
    3. Start eclipse and verify the issue does not happen anymore.

Let me know any concern,

Thanks!
    Aaron Lara

Attachments:
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
Reply To: Outline View for new classes is not black

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in