This release continues to improve upon the recently introduced Darkest Dark theme with the addition of an Icon Designer that allows you to customize your icons. This release also includes a number of enhancements and fixes for Darkest Dark, Angular, TypeScript and Emmet.
Included in this release:
- Darkest Dark Theme
- Angular Enhancements
- TypeScript Coding Fixes
Darkest Dark Theme
Our wildly popular Darkest Dark theme is only getting better. With the new Icon Designer included in this release you can customize your IDE like never before. While the current Darkest Dark theme is a vast improvement over the old dark theme, with so many plugins out there you are bound to run into an icon that’s less than desirable. No problem! With the Icon Designer you can customize a replacement icon in a snap. And if you are proud of your work, why not sync with us so that we can consider adding your icon to the Darkest Dark theme for others to enjoy? Learn more about Using the Icon Designer.
Thanks to overwhelming pickup and some strategic feedback, we’ve made a series of fundamental changes to improve how the Darkest Dark theme works over an array of plugins. When a plugin allows configuration of a color in preferences (Colors and Fonts), the Darkest Dark theme will automatically create an alternate color that looks nice with Darkest Dark. In addition, the theme will now inherit explicit Dark color configurations by plugins so that if a plugin developer takes the time to make dark alternatives for the Eclipse Dark theme, Darkest Dark users will also benefit! And of course, lots of other compatibility fixes like making ABAP’s Quick Assist support work again.
- Angular support has been upgraded to fully support more recent versions of Angular, like version 2.4.x.
- We now support the newer Angular CLI package, @angular/cli. The older, angular-cli package is supported too.
- Validation and content assist have been improved.
- HTML templates can be referenced using ES6 shorthand.
- Hyperlink navigation is now supported in HTML templates, allowing you to easily navigate to other parts of the template, and even other TypeScript files.
TypeScript Coding Fixes
- Changes made to hierarchical TypeScript configurations are now correctly applied.
- Bugs in the handling of new TS 2.1 configuration elements, target, module and moduleResolution, have been fixed.
- We’ve improved the editor to give users a smoother coding experience.