This release adds support for Eclipse 4.7 – Oxygen, Typescript 2.3, and a brand new Open Type capability for TypeScript and Angular developers. Additional updates have been made to improve our Darkest Dark theme.
Included in this release:
- Eclipse Oxygen
- Angular & TypeScript
- Darkest Dark
Eclipse 4.7 has only just been released and we’ve updated our tooling to be fully compatible! From fixes in Darkest Dark, to Angular IDE and JSjet, we’re ready for Oxygen – sit back and take a deep breath 🙂
Angular & TypeScript
If you’ve been waiting to try the new features in TypeScript 2.3, like Async Generators, or the new for..await..of statements, this release has you covered. We’ve also added support for new flags like –strict.
We’ve added the much awaited Open Type functionality to our tooling, which allows you to easily and quickly navigate to any symbol of interest, across your workspace or in specific projects. Use the toolbar button, or Ctrl + Shift + T, to bring up this dialog and tell us what you think!
A couple of issues around hyperlink navigation, validation, as well as being able to use the quick fix from the Markers view have been fixed.
We’ve updated Darkest Dark to take advantage of the new capabilities in Oxygen, notice how the Markers and Problems views now have headers that match the overall look.
We’ve fixed a number of smaller issues with the theme as well:
- Line numbers will now update when scrolling by dragging the editor scrollbar.
- Colors for the Simple Properties Editor have been fixed.
- Installation / uninstallation issues specific to Oxygen have been addressed.
- Jittering rulers/editors in the BIRT Design perspective have been stilled.
- Darkest Dark no longer allows Oomph to override key colors in ABAP.