facebook

Pastel Editor Colors Changes every restart on Eclipse

1. DevStyle
  2.  > 
  3. Theme Problems
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

mabocoglu
    Participant

Even you choose Pastel as Editor Colors, whenever you restart eclipse it set another color theme (I don’t know the name because Pastel is selected on Preferences but colors are not pastel). On every restart I have to select another color theme (different than Pastel because it is already selected) and apply. After that I have to reselect Pastel as Editor Colors. Finally I can get the right color theme. This is ridiculous.

#540839 Reply

timwebb
    Keymaster

This is an odd one! One thought and some questions in case the fix doesn’t help. My first inclination is something to do with Oomph. Oomph attempts to track and reapply preferences saved into a directory under User Home. This can cause fighting with styling preferences that our theme sets. While we have a fix in CI 9 to intercept and stop this fighting, for you, it may involve going to ~/.eclipse and removing folders that have oomph in the name. Be sure to delete/rename these after exiting Eclipse. When you next run, make sure that the preference recorder is not enabled at the bottom left of the Preferences page unless you really want to use Oomph.

Now, if Oomph isn’t the actual issue, could you provide some more details? Specifically two configuration files from your system:

Eclipse/configuration/.settings/com.genuitec.eclipse.theming.ui.prefs
    (workspace)/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.runtime/.settings/com.genuitec.eclipse.theming.ui.prefs

Thanks kindly!

#541993 Reply

support-swapna

mabocoglu,

The issue with theme reset on restart has been fixed for the 2017 CI 9 release, that’s due in the next few days.

We did put out a pre-release of CI 9 which does contain this fix, so if you would like to try it out immediately, please follow the instructions in this thread: https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/webclipse-angular-ide-prerelease-stream/

If you do try out the pre-release, do let us know if your issue was fixed, if not, then please send us the two configuration files mentioned by Tim in his response and we’ll hopefully be able to correct it before the final release.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Pastel Editor Colors Changes every restart on Eclipse

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in