facebook

Performance issues – console related?

1. DevStyle
  2.  > 
  3. Theme Problems
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

dixon85
    Participant

Hello,
    first I must say, I love the theme. Unfortunately I have significant performance issues when using it.

I use STS 3.8.4. The issues seems to be related to console. The console scrolling is slow even when just spring boot app starts. The STS becomes almost unusable after a stracktrace is printed into the console.

My current HW is: i5-6300U, 16GB RAM

Please let me know what details could I provide to find the root cause.

Thank you,
    Andrej

This topic was linked to an Issue on June 6, 2017 at 4:52 pm
    #525748 Reply

support-swapna

Andrej,

Sorry that you are seeing issues with the Dark theme.

Can you please send us the thread dumps when the STS freezes to help us investigate further? Also send us the workspace log located at workspace dir/.metadata/.log.

Here is Eclipse page on how to get thread dump: https://wiki.eclipse.org/How_to_report_a_deadlock . Preferably use jstack [pid] > thread_dump.txt.

Please let me know if you have trouble getting the thread dump.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#525795 Reply

Aaron Lara

@dixon85, Good news! We have a fix for this issue and it’s being tested. I’m really hoping that this tests well and can go out in the release, but it’ll be in CI 7 for sure if it doesn’t make the testing deadline for CI 6 tomorrow

As a background note, this issue was caused by Eclipse’s themed scrollbars (not the ones we put in Darkest Dark), I actually replicated the same issue with Eclipse’s regular Dark Theme. So we decided to replace those scrollbars with ours and it works flawlessly. But we still need to test the fix carefully (last day fixes are not always welcomed) 😀

Cheers!
    Aaron Lara

• This reply was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by Aaron Lara.
    • This reply was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by Aaron Lara.
    #525801 Reply

Brian Fernandes

@dixon85,

Better news! Initial testing of the fix checked out, so we released it early on our pre-release stream. If you could update to this latest build and let us know it fixes your problems, that would help a great deal.

Instructions on how to update to this stream can be found here: https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/webclipse-angular-ide-prerelease-stream/

Thanks!

#525991 Reply

dixon85
    Participant

Thanks guys for very prompt response. I can confirm that my issue is indeed resolved.

Thank you,
    Andrej

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Performance issues – console related?

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in