facebook

scrollable autocomplete not working

1. MobiOne Archive
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help – General
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Darshan Patel
    Participant

i am using an autocomplete which shows a large amount of value, so i need to implement a scrollbar and i am using it (jqueryui.com and it works well in the simulator but not on the iphone…

am i doing anything wrong?? is there any other way?

i tried using jScrollPane and it works on iphone but it works only on first change…

thanks,
    Darshan

#351469 Reply

Hi Darshan,

Since you are getting different behavior on device you could give a try to GapDebug, which can help you with debugging the app on the device.

#351480 Reply

Darshan Patel
    Participant

i am using GapDebug, i am not getting any option to debug my app.. (it only shows app installed… i dont see blue circle on the right side, which i can see when i open safari browser on my phone)

#351486 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

> i dont see blue circle on the right side, which i can see when i open safari browser on my phone)

Some quick GapDebug tips:

1) connect the device to your workstation via usb cable. The device should appear in the device panel. You may need to approve a one-time Trust dialog for the machine.

2) start the app you wish to debug. Apple requires the app be signed with a development certificate and profile in order for it to be debuggable. The app should appear under the device info in the device panel on the left. If you don’t see it, make sure the device info is exanded (V down button).

3) Once the running app appears in the device panel, select it. That should start an inspector on the right side.

4) If you switch to another app, the inspector will stop updating. Switch back to the app to resume debugging.

#351493 Reply

Darshan Patel
    Participant

ohh got it.. i am using distribution certificate/profile…

thanks man.

can you also please help with the scollable autocomplete thing…

its working perfectly on simulator but fails on device…

#351502 Reply

Hi Darshan,

Our support does not generally include integration issues with 3rd party UI libraries. When we have bandwidth we still look at such issue. Once you are debugging the app in GapDebug check the console for obvious errors. If nothing obvious look at the control you are integrating and see if you can figure out what events are or not arriving. You can then compare what is failing on the device with what is happening successfully on the simulator. Let us know how it works out. Also if you have any issues with GapDebug since that team is looking for feedback to improve its usefulness.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: scrollable autocomplete not working

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in