facebook

Some Project Explorer icons aren't set correctly

1. DevStyle
  2.  > 
  3. Theme Problems
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

area
    Participant

IDE Package: (Eclipse for Java EE)
    IDE Version: Eclipse 4.8.0
    Relevant Plugins Installed: DevStyle 1.11.0.201808131409
    Steps to reproduce the issue:
    1. Update to DevStyle version mentioned above
    2. Open the package explorer

After updating to the latest DevStyle, I immediately noticed that some of the new icons are not present in the project explorer, even though they’re set up correctly in the icon designer. This includes:
    Icons1
    Java Project icon (note that non-Java project called Servers’s icon is set properly)

Icons2
    Icon for files that are to be opened with the text editor

So far, this issue only occurs in the project explorer for me.

• This topic was modified 5 years, 8 months ago by area.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #596239 Reply

area
    Participant

My bad! I wrote “Package Explorer” instead of “Project Explorer”.

#596287 Reply

area
    Participant

Nevermind. Fixed the issue by reverting to Eclipse’s default theme and then back to Darkest Dark.

#596288 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

Sorry you saw this problem but thanks for reporting your fix to the issue. It will surely help others who may hit this.

#596592 Reply

area
    Participant

EDIT: The fix seemes to be only temporary and is removed after a restart. Thus, the issue remains.

#596619 Reply

support-swapna

Sorry that you are still seeing the issue with icons.

1. Can you please clarify if you see the icon problem in a new workspace as well?
    2. Please share with us the .log file located at workspace dir/.metadata/.log along with your OS and version details for further investigation.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#599388 Reply

area
    Participant

I have also tried a completely new workspace, but the issue occurs anyways. Of note, however, is, that the issue only occurs with the startup experience enabled (I use it without the workspace dialog). As much as I like it, I’ll have to disable it for the time being because of this.
    I use Windows 10.

#599467 Reply

support-swapna

Hi,

Thank you for the details. I have raised a bug for the dev team to look into this problem.
    Can you please also let us know whether you are working with 32 bit or 64 bit version of Eclipse and Java? If possible, please also share with us the .log file from the workspace dir/.metadata/.log to help us look for any errors/exceptions logged.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#599570 Reply

area
    Participant

I am working on a 64 bit version of Eclipse and Java. The Eclipse log doesn’t seem to contain anything directly issue-related.

#599613 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

Even if there don’t appear to be any messages related to the problem, could you still attach the error log here, as a text file? There may be something in there that is of interest to developers trying to track down the problem. Sorry for the inconvenience.

#621299 Reply

Aaron Lara

Hello! Is your installation setup with a default workspace or workspace selection is turned off? If so, it’s highly likely you are running into a bug we identified in this thread. Can you please try the patch suggested there and let us know if it works for you?

Cheers!
    Aaron Lara

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Reply To: Some Project Explorer icons aren't set correctly

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in