facebook

Target platform content not visible with DevStyle theme

1. DevStyle
  2.  > 
  3. Theme Problems
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

fredrikattebrant
    Participant

IDE Package: Eclipse IDE for Eclipse Committers (includes Incubating components)
    IDE Version: 2020-09 (4.17.0)
    IDE Build id: 20200910-1200
    Relevant Plugins Installed:
    – DevStyle installed from Marketplace 1.11.0.202007171537

Steps to reproduce the issue:
    1. Install Eclipse 2020-09 using the installer downloaded from eclipse.org
    a. Make sure to select the DevStyle theme. Dark or light – any will show the problem.
    2. Create a Java project
    3. Create a custom target platform using Windows > Preferences > Plug-in Development > Target Platform
    a. Click Add…
    b. Click the “Default” alternative
    c. Click Next
    d. Name the target
    e. Click Finish
    f. Click the checkbox next to the new target
    g. Clich Share…
    h. Select the Java project created in step 2
    i. Enter a name e.g. myTarget.target
    j. Click Finish
    k. Click Apply and Close
    4. In e.g. Package Explorer, double-click the target file, e.g. myTarget.target
    5. Open the “Content” page
    6. Note that there Content table doesn’t show any content
    7. Switch to the “Classic” theme (Windows > Preferences > General > Appearance > Theme: Classic and restart
    8. Open the target file again and switch to the Content page
    9. Note how the content of the target is now visible

As a workaround, the target platform content can be viewed (and modifed) by using:
    Windows > Preferences > Plug-in Development > Target Platform

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #664300 Reply

Aaron Lara

Hello! Thanks for reporting this issue. Unfortunately, I’m unable to replicate it in Eclipse 2020-09 + Windows (see my screenshot). Can you share your error log to see if there’s anything indicating why this is failing for you? Also, do you see the same issue in a new workspace?

Cheers!
    Aaron Lara

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #664411 Reply

fredrikattebrant
    Participant

Hi,
    There error log shows only this:

eclipse.buildId=4.17.0.I20200902-1800
    java.version=11.0.8
    java.vendor=AdoptOpenJDK
    BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=en_US
    Framework arguments:  -product org.eclipse.epp.package.committers.product -product org.eclipse.epp.package.committers.product -product org.eclipse.epp.package.committers.product -product org.eclipse.epp.package.committers.product -product org.eclipse.epp.package.committers.product -product org.eclipse.epp.package.committers.product -product org.eclipse.epp.package.committers.product
    Command-line arguments:  -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64 -product org.eclipse.epp.package.committers.product -product org.eclipse.epp.package.committers.product -product org.eclipse.epp.package.committers.product -product org.eclipse.epp.package.committers.product -product org.eclipse.epp.package.committers.product -product org.eclipse.epp.package.committers.product -data file:/C:/ccstg_c/w/ws-eclipse-2020-09-2/ -product org.eclipse.epp.package.committers.product

org.eclipse.jface
    Warning
    Mon Oct 05 10:00:32 CEST 2020
    Keybinding conflicts occurred.  They may interfere with normal accelerator operation.

Then I suspect that it then has to do with the pretty old Windows 10 version I’m using (controlled by the IT department, so out of control for when to update). It is Windows 10 Version 1607 (OS Build 14393.2848) according to the “winver” command.

Thanks,
    Fredrik

#664509 Reply

fredrikattebrant
    Participant

Hi,

This problem seems to be caused by not having the latest (or almost latest?) Windows 10 version.
    When testing the problem described here I noticed that the content of the target platform was indeed visible when running Eclipse on a “current” Windows 10 version (Windows 10, version 2004).

Thanks,
    Fredrik

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Target platform content not visible with DevStyle theme

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in