facebook

The scrollbar is white in dark theme

1. DevStyle
  2.  > 
  3. Theme Problems
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

cjk87927
    Participant

Hi:
    When I choose a dark theme, every is ok except the scrollbar. The scrollbar is white, not change to dark.
    What else do I need to configure.

Thank you.

Eclipse: 2019-03 (4.11.0)
    devstyle: 2019.9.16

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #635063 Reply

support-swapna

Hi,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue with scrollbar.
    Thank you for the screenshot and the details.

1. Do you see white scroll bars in a fresh new workspace as well?
    2. Can you please clarify if the scrollbars are configured to hide? You can check in the Mac’s System Preferences and set the ‘Show scroll bars’ to ‘Automatically based on mouse of trackpad’ as shown in the screenshot here : https://gyazo.com/3c92753e9e5652d1d30a095cf89e197d
    If this setting doesn’t help, then try switching to ‘When scrolling’.

Please let us know how it works for you.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#635174 Reply

cjk87927
    Participant

Thank you for your reply,

I create a new workspace, but the problem still.So I check the OS scrollbar setting, it’s ‘Automatically based on mouse of trackpad’, then I change it to ‘When scrolling’. The white scrollbar is disappear, when I scrolling, I can see the black scrollbar, when the scrolling stop, the scrollbar will disappear. I don’t know if this is the expected effect.In my opinion, scrollbar behavior should be based on theme rather than OS.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #635258 Reply

support-swapna

Hi,

The ‘When scrolling’ setting is supposed to show the scroll bar only when you start scrolling. On Mac, it depends on the way the scrollbar is configured in the system. With ‘Automatically based on mouse of trackpad’ setting, you should see white scrollbars, odd that you are not seeing it.

We tested on Mac 10.15.2 and see white scrollbars for the above setting. Is it possible for you to update to the latest Mac version and check if you are still seeing the issue?

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#636355 Reply

support-swapna

Hi,

Just checking – Did you get a chance to check the scroll bars with the latest Mac version?

Happy New Year !

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#636440 Reply

cjk87927
    Participant

Thank you for your reply,
    On 10.13.6, I see white scrollbars when I select ‘Automatically based on mouse of trackpad’ , and when I select ‘When scrolling’, I only see black scrollbars when scrolling.I will upgrade the os version and test it later.
    The effect I want is to see a black scroll bar instead of white when I select ‘Automatically based on mouse of trackpad’, I don’t know if it can be achieved in OS dark mode

#636450 Reply

Aaron Lara

Hello! DevStyle does not currently control the color of the Scrollbar on OSX so it’s rendered at the OS level. older OSX versions do not support dark appearance (it started supporting it on Mojave) but DevStyle does a great job in dark OS mode. Before that version, I was fine with the “When scrolling” option as it looked better cross apps and saved me space but I understand that is not an option for all users. My recommendation is to update to a newer OS version.

Cheers!
    Aaron Lara

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: The scrollbar is white in dark theme

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in