facebook

Trouble creating project

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

António
    Participant

Hi,

Since the last update everything started to go wrong for me.
    Now, from a clean uninstall->install, the “new angular project” option fails with this error:

———————-
    > Executing task in folder C:\Users\António\Workspaces\Angular IDE\test1: ‘npm’ ‘install’
    ‘@angular/cli@6.2.2’ <

/d: /d: Is a directory
    The terminal process terminated with exit code: 126
    ———————-

Do you know what could be wrong?

Thanks,
    ABC

#600145 Reply

António
    Participant

Wrong forum? I’m using the latest Angular IDE.

#600154 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Antonio,

1) Can you go to Window > Preferences, do you have a CodeMix node there, if so, what version is displayed on that page?
    2) Can you please send us a screenshot of the wizard you are using, along with the chosen settings?
    3) What is the name of the view the commands are being executed in? Is it Terminal or Terminal+ (or a screenshot would help)
    4) Can you send us your error log? it can be found at [workspace_location]/.metadata/.log or can be exported from the Error Log view.

#600156 Reply

António
    Participant

Brian,

1) Version: CI 2018.9.25
    2) File -> New -> Angular Project, insert name, finish. See screenshot
    3) Terminal+ (window.png)
    4) Attached

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #600160 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Antonio,

I think the fact that your project is in a folder with ó in it (from your user name – António) – there may be some problems with CLI command execution.

In that wizard, can you try changing the location of your project to one without that character and see if it works? The location can be outside your current workspace.

#600165 Reply

António
    Participant

Brian,

Already tried it, my workspace is in “C:\angular\workspace”, that screenshot is from a fresh install where I forgot to change the workspace location. The install is also located in “C:\angular\Angular IDE”. Doesn’t work either way.

#600198 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Antonio,

We’re thinking there could be a problem with the shell / environment used to execute the Angular commands. Could you please click the + button in the Terminal+ view – this will create a new terminal in which you can type the echo $PTYSHELL command. Can you please give us the output of that command?

Additionally, do you have git-bash installed on your system?

#600200 Reply

António
    Participant

$ echo $PTYSHELL
    C:\Program Files\Git\bin\sh.exe

Looks like I have git-bash installed?

#600203 Reply

Hi Antonio,

In order to help you better with the problem, we will need to enable advanced debug logging, you will need to:

– Make sure Angular IDE is not running.
    – Download http://downloads.genuitec.com/downloads/partners/misc/AngularIDE-2018.9.25a-fix5.zip and extract the contents into your Angular IDE installation inside plugins folder.
    Note that it SHOULD prompt you to replace 2 files, please do so.
    – Add com.genuitec.eclipse.engine.log=true to the configuration/config.ini file located in your Angular IDE installation.
    – Start Angular IDE and try to create a new Angular Project to reproduce the error
    – A log file (e.g. codemix-2018-10-09-16-27-00.log) will be available inside .codemix in your home directory, please share this file with us.

Best Regards,
    Sal

#600223 Reply

António
    Participant

Hi Salvador,

Here you go:

Attachments:
    #600226 Reply

António
    Participant

Ok, after some more tests I think I know what is causing the problem. On a different PC I tried installing outside of the standard dir and it also fails. The workspace can be anywhere, but the eclipse installation must be in the default directory. Permission issues?

#600247 Reply

timwebb
    Keymaster

Very helpful log Antonio, thank you for helping get it. The issue appears to be related to detecting a global GitBash installation and having issues issuing it.

Could you please update one more time your Angular IDE using the same steps:
    http://downloads.genuitec.com/downloads/partners/misc/AngularIDE-2018.9.25a-fix6.zip
    This time it should be replacing 3 plugins.

Thanks a lot!

#600255 Reply

António
    Participant

Hi Tim,

With those pluggins it behaves slightly different, but still doesn’t work. The output in terminal+ is:

————-
    > Executing task in folder C:\angular\workspace\test1: ‘npm’ ‘install’ ‘@angular/cli@6.2.2
    ‘ <

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.3.9600]
    (c) 2013 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\angular\workspace\test1>
    —————–

It opens a windows command prompt, but doesn’t run the intended commands.

Have you tried replicating the error on your side? It’s simple, just install outside of the recommended folder on a windows8 (or 10) PC, then try to create a new project.

I’m now using the remote desktop to a pc where the username doesn’t include accented chars, it’s the only way I can keep using your ide… far from ideal.

I attached the log of the attempt using those last 3 jars.

Attachments:
    #600267 Reply

timwebb
    Keymaster

Sorry about that Antonio — we missed checking the patched plugin in a case that didn’t already have an CodeMix isolated GitBash available. Mind now running with this plugin? (should replace 4)

Separately, we greatly appreciate all your help getting to the bottom of this. We had a fix release going out tomorrow with some other fixes and it’s great that we’re able to make this work more reliably as well.

http://downloads.genuitec.com/downloads/partners/misc/AngularIDE-2018.9.25a-fix7.zip

#600292 Reply

António
    Participant

Tim,

I’m sorry to insist, but I don’t think this problem has anything to do with the bash installation. I tested on a freshly installed windows 10 computer. If you install Angular IDE to a location outside of the suggested one (c:\angular\Angular IDE instead of c:\users\António\…, in my tests), the new angular project creation process fails. Please try to reproduce this situation and investigate the causes.

I tried those latest jars, still not working, now the terminal+ window remains empty with the [- – -] title.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
Reply To: Trouble creating project

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in