facebook

TSLint Markers Gone

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Webclipse 1.x Help
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

John
    Participant

HI,

we have 3 installation of webclipse and 2 are working fine.

However, one installation does not display any markers. We updated to Java EE Oxygen and installed webclipse, but we see no markers. We have checked various eclipse settings against the working installations and see no issues (TSLint version, etc).

• build is ok
    • in-editor highlighting is ok (mostly)
    • server starts/runs ok

Project is identical between setups.

Failing setup:
    Win 10 – Pro
    Java EE – Oxygen

Relevant package.json entries:
    “devDependencies”: {
    “@angular/cli”: “1.3.0”,
    “@angular/compiler-cli”: “4.3.4”,
    “@compodoc/compodoc”: “1.0.0-beta.14”,
    “@types/jasmine”: “2.5.53”,
    “@types/node”: “8.0.20”,
    “angular-ide”: “^0.9.31”,
    “babel-core”: “^6.25.0”,
    “babel-loader”: “7.1.1”,
    “babel-preset-es2015”: “^6.24.1”,
    “codelyzer”: “3.1.2”,
    “ts-node”: “~3.3.0”,
    “tslint”: “^5.6.0”,
    “typescript”: “2.4.2”

#534748 Reply

Brian Fernandes

John,

Windows 10 and Oxygen is a well tested configuration, so upfront, we don’t have any known issues with that setup. Here are a few questions that should help us figure out what’s going on.

1) Does TypeScript content assist work?
    2) Are regular TS validation errors showing up?
    3) If you go Project properties > TypeScript I’m assuming you confirmed that the Enable TSLint is checked.
    3.a) Is the TSLint version set to Project Local? If yes, under node_modules is there a tslint folder with that version (5.6.0, I presume)? You should be able to confirm by looking at the package.json in that folder. You could try setting it to a non local version and see if that results in it working.
    3.b) If not set to Project Local, what version is it set to?
    4) The configurations that work – what are they?
    5) Could you attach the workspace log file? Located at [workspace_loc]/.metadata/.log
    6) You mentioned “no markers” – but this we assume there are no markers in the editor, do you see the TSLint errors or warnings in the Problems or Markers view?

#534768 Reply

John
    Participant

Brian,
    Thanks for the reply.

3) TSLint is enabled
    3.a/3.b) Using Project Local 5.6.0 matches package.json
    4) Configurations that work vs not work are same as far as we can tell (we are strong believers in configuration management)

6) Editor shows markup/highlighting. “Markers” tab in the console has no data

I will get our developer to post his configuration shortly.
    Thanks,
    -Lamar

#534771 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Lamar,

4) Configurations that work vs not work are same as far as we can tell (we are strong believers in configuration management)

Just to be clear, I was asking if they too were Oxygen and Windows 10 (not version of Webclipse or project configuration).

6) Editor shows markup/highlighting. “Markers” tab in the console has no data

TSLint errors will show up as “squiggly” lines in the editor and in the editor ruler area. See this animation for what I’m talking about: https://resources.cloud.genuitec.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/tslint5.gif
    So I presume you don’t see TSLint warnings in either the editor ruler area or the Markers view.

Do need answers to #1 an #2 as well – await details from your developer.

Thanks!

#534778 Reply

basseyumoh
    Participant

Hello, Lamar’s (John’s) developer here. Answers to 1 and 2:

1) Content assist is functional
    2) Can you clarify what “regular validation errors” are?

Additionally:

4) His working configuration is Oxygen JEE with Windows 7.
    5) Workspace log file attached.
    6) TSLint warnings appear in the editor and ruler area, but warnings are not present in the Markers view. The TODO tag is also not caught in the Markers view.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #534837 Reply

Brian Fernandes

2) By regular validation errors – I meant TS syntax errors. For instance, if you forget a closing brace or parenthesis, etc. Do those errors show up in both the editor ruler AND the Markers view?

6) The Markers view can be configured to omit errors / warnings of different types. Can you check to see that the TSLint errors have not been filtered out? You can check this from the menu of the Markers view, choose the Configure Contents menu item and check the bottom right Types section.

You could also just create a new workspace and try importing the project into that, to see if the errors start to appear – a new workspace should not have any filters already in place. I would recommend trying this anyway, to rule out any odd workspace configuration related problems.

We did notice other errors in the workspace log file you shared, but it’s unclear if these would have any bearing on the behaviour you’re seeing. We have fixed these issues and will be working on making a release with these fixes available soon. We will keep you posted.

#534847 Reply

basseyumoh
    Participant

2) Yes, regular validation is functioning in the editor ruler, but not the Markers view.
    6) No errors/warnings are filtered out.

Perhaps I should mention that one item is showing up in the Markers view. There is a marker for a JavaScript Script Load Breakpoint. However, it has an unknown description and unknown location. Here are its properties:
    *Info
    derived false
    editable true
    last modified Unknown
    linked false
    location C:\Workspace
    name
    path /

I will try to import to a new Workspace and will reply with the result.

#534902 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Okay, good to know there’s some sort of consistency here and you’re not seeing anything in the Markers view (other than the one you mentioned). Could you try the problems view as well (very likely to behave the same as the Markers view, but worth checking).

Do let us know what happens with a new workspace too.

#535051 Reply

basseyumoh
    Participant

Created new Workspace, no results. Also opened Problems view, no results.

Thank you for your assistance.

#535087 Reply

John
    Participant

I tried the same install on a fresh Win10-Pro (64-bit) laptop and see the same issue. So it is not related to workspace or corrupted project settings (clean project created from repo).

Summary:
    * 2x Win10x – No markers in view (2nd machine sees TODO markers, 1st does not). Screenshot attached
    * 1x Win7 – No issues working fine (other non-related bugs will address separately)

Attachments:
    * Screen Shot of Win10 issue (can see error in editor and no corresponding marker)
    * Eclipse Oxygen J2EE (same configuration across machines)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #535262 Reply

Brian Fernandes

John,

Since you mentioned you’re checking out the project from the repo – it could be further modified on disk post checkout to a configuration that is not working for some reason, on some installations – at least, that’s one idea we have. There could also just be something off with the configuration in general which is causing this weird behavior.

From the project in the workspace that is not working, could you send us a ZIP with the following files?

1) .project
    2) .settings folder with all files
    3) tsconfig.json
    4) package.json
    5) If you go Project properties > TypeScript, there is path to a detected tsconfig.json file – can you tell us what that path is and attach that file here too? (probably tsconfig.app.json?)
    6) A high level screenshot of your project structure will help too.

Sorry for asking for so many files, we’re trying to avoid bothering you repeatedly with additional requests.

#535488 Reply

Brian Fernandes

John,

While we haven’t specifically been able to reproduce your problem, we did fix a number of issues that could be related to it, around file / model synchronization. For the installations that aren’t working, could you please try updating to a pre-release of CI 8 and see if you can still reproduce this problem? If not, we’d still appreciate it if you could get us the files I requested earlier.

Instructions on moving to the pre-release stream are here: https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/webclipse-angular-ide-prerelease-stream/

Thank you for your time!

#535493 Reply

John
    Participant

Brian,
    I tried the update and it does not fix this issue. I am working on putting together a package but it will be later in the week before I can get to this.

However some test notes on the pre-release:
    * seems to have fixed an intermittent issue where bound items would be flagged in HTML as not present (red underline).

BUGS:
    * Object & Array methods show as errors (Object.assign, Array.find, Array.findEach, Array.fill)
    This appears to occur consistently on every occurance

#535500 Reply

John
    Participant

A quick update. Installed a second smaller project and the problem went away for both projects (Win 10).

Other issues:
    * package.json becomes locked when eclipse is running blocking NPM updates.
    * import angular project fails (due to above bug)

* ‘Promise’ only refers to a type, but is being used as a value here – Code is valid, compile and previously error free (creating new promise object).

I only see the issues with Promise, Object, Array on Win 7 (not present on win 10).

#535518 Reply

support-swapna

John,

Thank you for trying the pre-release.

1. Can you please clarify if you are still seeing the TSLint Markers problem in the pre-release build on Windows 7?

2. `* package.json becomes locked when eclipse is running blocking NPM updates.
    * import angular project fails (due to above bug)`

How exactly are the NPM updates running? Please elaborate on the steps you are performing. Are you seeing this problem only in the pre-release build?

3. Please send us the files which Brian requested in his previous response to help replicate the problem at our end. In addition to those files, please also share with us the .log file located at workspace dir/.metadata/.log.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
Reply To: TSLint Markers Gone

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in