facebook

Unable to add Server run time for Oracle weblogic12c

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • Author

Hi Brian,

The home weblogic directory is giving error if i don’t set anything apart from this – C:\Oracle\Middleware\Oracle_Home_12210\wlserver

So giving the root path as “C:\Oracle\Middleware\Oracle_Home_12210\wlserver” is not giving any error to add the server but i while starting the server from eclipse i am getting error.

Thanks,
    Anirban

#619283 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Anirban,

Can you quickly confirm whether you changed the JRE for the server to the one the server uses externally? In our testing, Weblogic fails (differently though) with the in-built Java 11 JDK that MyEclipse 2019 ships with.

Can you also send us the server log and/or console output so we can examine it for more details?

Thanks

#619285 Reply

I haven’t changed JRE version. When ran from command prompt(startWeblogic.cmd) it’s taking the default installed JRE.

Also attaching Admin Server logs.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #619288 Reply

Attaching the Admin Console Screenshot which I am able to launch via command prompt.
    Once again attaching server log.

Please check why from eclipse the server not getting started.
    Please note- From Eclipse even without deploying project I am unable TO JUST START the Weblogic.
    Hence feel there are some issue with the MyEclipse2019 and Weblogic 12.2.1 integration.

Attachments:
    #619292 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Anirban,

1) All the log files you have attached (3 of them) show the server running, so I presume these are all logs from your external start. You have not attached a log file for when the server is started within MyEclipse, which is what we need. Please send us these files.

2) Please change the JRE to the JRE that Weblogic is using externally.I asked you to make this change in my response yesterday. When you start from the command line, it is using Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM Version 25.201-b09 from Oracle Corporation – when starting from within MyEclipse, it is probably going to use the MyEclipse JDK – which is Java 11. We would be able to tell for sure when we have the logs.

To change the JRE of the server configured in MyEclipse:
    Go to Window > Preferences > Servers > Runtime Environments, select the Weblogic runtime and click ‘Edit’. In the popup check if the default JRE is selected. If yes, then click on ‘Installed JDKs’ and add a new JRE pointing to the one that is shipped with Weblogic 12.2.1. Once done, select that JRE in the Runtime wizard, apply the changes and check if you are still seeing problems with the server startup.

#619294 Reply

Hi Brian

Please see reply# 15 where a log file is attached. That is the log of eclipse fetched from the location you mentioned.
    Attaching once more. Please let me know in case of any issue.

And I am using JDK 1.8 not JDK 1.11. Please see the attachment.

Thanks,
    Anirban

Attachments:
    #619297 Reply

Java -version

java version “1.8.0_211”
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_211-b25)
    Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 25.211-b25, mixed mode)

#619298 Reply

As mentioned in this thread, kindly check if its anything do with Root Directory, as I am pointing to system installed JDK/JRE. (The same is used when server started externally)
    https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/management141266parsing-failure-in-config-xml/

#619301 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Anirban,

1) We have installed and configured WebLogic 12.2 locally and tested it with MyEclipse 2019 CI 4. It works fine for us, and we have compared the directories in our configuration with those that you have specified in your screenshot – your directory configuration appears to be correct.

2) The log in reply #15 is the Eclipse workspace log, what we need is the adminserver.log file.
    a) Delete the existing adminserver.log file.
    b) Attempt to start the server from within MyEclipse
    c) After it fails, send us the adminserver.log file – this should hopefully capture some more details about the failure from when the server is started with MyEclipse

3) Can you confirm that you have entered the right password in the Server configuration? We ask because the wizard could auto-fill the wrong value.

4) According to this post, there appears to be a general issue with Java + WebLogic. The last post in the thread talks about some incorrect values in startup.properties which appears to affect only the Java based admin utilities, which MyEclipse would rely on. Can you please examine this file?

Our tests were carried out with 12.2.1.3 while you are using 12.2.1.0 – there may have been issues that are specific to this version which we will try and test against.

#619304 Reply

2) I will try and update the outcome here. (By the way AdminServerLog is already attached in previous reply)

3) Can you confirm that you have entered the right password in the Server configuration? We ask because the wizard could auto-fill the wrong value. – I am able to login in Admin Console and set up DataSources, so credential may not be an issue.

4) Changing the server version is different aspect. We many need to ask for that further. Will try that option as well.

Attachments:
    #619314 Reply

I have deleted the AdminServer.log and tried to start the server from eclipse. The file didn’t getting rewritten automatically further and size remain 0kb for AdminServer.log.

Anyways attaching the console file with same problem.

Attachments:
    #619317 Reply

Hi Brian,

JFYI, I tried to with Weblogic 12.2.1.3 and start weblogic from MyEclipse. But its not getting started.
    PFA configuration screenshot. The error is same. (Previously attached console log)

Thanks,
    Anirban

Attachments:
    #619320 Reply

Hi Brian,

Your point# 4 is the exact issue which I am facing.

4) According to this post, there appears to be a general issue with Java + WebLogic. The last post in the thread talks about some incorrect values in startup.properties which appears to affect only the Java based admin utilities, which MyEclipse would rely on. Can you please examine this file?

Can you please check your Managed Server logs and compare it with the other servers to see if every server (Also the Admin Server) has the same patch set applied? One of the reason for the following error can be that the AdminServer and ManagedServers are on different patch set mistakenly.

weblogic.management.ManagementException: [Management:141266]Parsing failure in config.xml: The following failures occurred:– Unresolved reference to WebLogicCertPathProvider by [PKICommerceDomain]/SecurityConfiguration[PKICommerceDomain]/Realms[myrealm]/CertPathBuilder RegardsJay SenSharma

I feel this is the exact issue. Please update on the Certificate Patch.

#619322 Reply

Just an update, I couldn’t find any startup.properties or boot.properties in my system.

#619328 Reply

support-swapna

Anirban,

The boot.properties can be found in the domain root directory. In your system, you can find it in this path : C:\Oracle\Middleware\Oracle_Home_12213\user_projects\domains\lmydomain\servers\AdminServer\security

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
Reply To: Unable to add Server run time for Oracle weblogic12c

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in