facebook

unable to install Darkest Dark Theme

1. DevStyle
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

pantomime
    Participant

Hi, so I’m currently facing some issues with installing the dark theme, following errors occured:

Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not be found.
    Software being installed: DevStyle (includes Darkest Dark Theme) 1.11.0.201909171704 (com.genuitec.eclipse.theming.feature.feature.group 1.11.0.201909171704)
    Missing requirement: Startup 1.11.0.201909171704 (com.genuitec.eclipse.startup 1.11.0.201909171704) requires ‘osgi.bundle; org.eclipse.wst.common.frameworks 0.0.0’ but it could not be found
    Cannot satisfy dependency:
    From: DevStyle (includes Darkest Dark Theme) 1.11.0.201909171704 (com.genuitec.eclipse.theming.feature.feature.group 1.11.0.201909171704)
    To: org.eclipse.equinox.p2.iu; com.genuitec.eclipse.startup [1.11.0.201909171704,1.11.0.201909171704]

please help, thanks in advance

#633681 Reply

Aaron Lara

Hello! Can you let me know what version of Eclipse you are trying to install DevStyle in? It should be Neon or newer. You can check this by going to Help > About …

Cheers!
    Aaron Lara

#633960 Reply

pantomime
    Participant

Hi
    I just checked the version and it seems to be v4.8 Photon (4.8.0.v20180611-0656).
    Also I’m using Code Composer Studio which could be the issue but I don’t really think so.

-Laurin

#633961 Reply

support-swapna

Laurin,

It would seem like CCS does not include the Eclipse update site references that would allow P2 to fetch additionally required plugins during installation.

Go to Preferences > Install/Update > Available Software Sites and ensure the following site is added and enabled.

For CCS9 (based on Eclipse 4.8): https://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/updates/4.8/

If you’re installing Darkest Dark from the marketplace, this should allow the installation to proceed. If you’re installing using our update site http://www.genuitec.com/updates/devstyle/ci/ ensure that the _Contact all update sites during install to find required software_ checkbox is checked.

Hope this helps. Please let us know how you get on with it.

-–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#634448 Reply

support-swapna

Laurin,

Just checking – were you able to install DevStyle successfully?
    Please let us know if you still see the problem.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#634528 Reply

pantomime
    Participant

Hi Swapna
    No, I was still unable to install DevStyle even with the software site added.
    The error is still the same.

-Laurin

#634529 Reply

support-swapna

Laurin,

Which version of Code Composer Studio are you working with?
    Please also share with us the screenshot of the Preferences > Install/Update > Available Software Sites page to help us verify the entries.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#634530 Reply

pantomime
    Participant

Swapna,

I’m working with CCS version 9.2.0.00013.

-Laurin

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #634655 Reply

support-swapna

Laurin,

I see the same error at my end as well with DevStyle on CCS 9.2.
    We did have a user install it successfully after adding the Eclipse site.

I have filed a bug report for the dev team to look into the installation problem. We will get back to you soon about our findings.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#644717 Reply

joslabonte
    Participant

After an attempt to install Darkest Theme, i no longer able to start RDI. I can only start it as an Administrator.
    Starting with -clean does not work either.

I have attached the error i get.

thank you for your help,

Attachments:
    #649756 Reply

support-swapna

Laurin,

Apologies for the delayed response.

I could get DevStyle installed to CC2 9.2 after adding the below two sites (in addition to https://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/updates/4.8/) to the Window > Preferences > Install/Update > Available Software Sites :

1. Orbit repo : http://download.eclipse.org/tools/orbit/downloads/drops/R20180606145124/repository
    2. Webtools repo : https://download.eclipse.org/webtools/repository/photon/

Add the above sites, click on the ‘Reload’ button for each site, ensure they are enabled and then try installing DevStyle from the Eclipse Marketplace.

Please also see the attached screenshot of the repos I added at my end for your reference.

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it works for you.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

Attachments:
    #649835 Reply

joslabonte
    Participant

I gave up, uninstalled RDI, and that also did not go well. I deleted all folders relevant to rdi, and did another install. I am back working.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Reply To: unable to install Darkest Dark Theme

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in