facebook

Validation Errors

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author

somendu
    Participant

Hi, After upgrade to 2.0, I seem to be getting some unwanted validation errors, which was not there earlier.
    I keep deleting

anything concrete can be done?

I am using codemix in eclipse oxygen.

As attached, it is simple import, but it is still giving error.
    It is happening after 2.0 upgrade

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #599645 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Were you using CodeMix prior to this, or Webclipse / Angular IDE? Can you also let us know if all your errors are being reported on the JavaScript side?

Please see this doc on some quick trouble shooting tips, especially if you are seeing a number of JavaScript validation errors: https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/troubleshooting-codemix-2/

Please see this document for details on the additions to our validation and build logic: https://www.genuitec.com/docs/assembly/build-pipelines

Do let us know if you are able to resolve your issues.

#600161 Reply

somendu
    Participant

No javascript errors.
    I use it on Eclipse.
    It worked fine before.

From your URL’s everything is same as before.

Just saving a file, gives an error.

Attachments:
    #600163 Reply

somendu
    Participant

Deleting from markers, removes all errors.
    Which dint use to happen before

#600164 Reply

Brian Fernandes

somendu,

Sorry, your answer is not clear – were you using a previous version of CodeMix prior to the 2.0 upgrade? Or were you using Angular IDE or Webclipse?

I ask because Webclipse did not have Vue support, but CodeMix has always had Vue support through the Vetur extension. Were you getting correct Vue validation before the upgrade, or no validation in Vue files at all?

Can you go to Help > CodeMix Extensions and let us know if you have the Vetur extension installed? If yes, please also let us know the version of the extension.

#600170 Reply

somendu
    Participant

Hi Brian,
    I am using Eclipse IDE for J2EE.

Eclipse Java EE IDE for Web Developers.

Version: Oxygen.3a Release (4.7.3a)
    Build id: 20180405-1200

The codemix plugin has been installed from the marketplace. URL as below.

https://marketplace.eclipse.org/content/codemix

The version which was the old one used to give error when there was something wrong in the code, like comment, tabs and spaces etc.

With the upgrade to 2.0, it gives error as the screenshot which I attached earlier.
    I am also attaching hereby the screenshots as you asked

1. Vtur Extension.
    2. Codemix 2 upgrade.

<snip>
    Were you getting correct Vue validation before the upgrade, or no validation in Vue files at all?
    </snip>
    I am still getting proper validations, however now it gives a new error that the component is not found in spite of the component being there. This dint use to happen before upgrade.

As I said earlier, the errors which are shown, goes away when I delete them from markers and do not give compile time error.

Hope that clarifies
    Regards,
    Somendu

Attachments:
    #600293 Reply

somendu
    Participant

Hi,

Can someone help on this please 🙂

Thanks,
    Somendu

#600297 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Somendu,

Apologies for the delayed response. I believe the problem may be due to the TypeScript validator being overagressive.

1) Does your project have either a tsconfig.json or jsconfig.json file? If yes, can you send us the contents?

2) Can you add the line // @ts-ignore just before the line with the error, and save the file, does that result in the error, “cannot find module”, going away?

#600298 Reply

somendu
    Participant

Hi Brian,
    Thank you for the update.

1. No tsconfig or jsconfig files
    2. ts-ignore did help eventually
    attaching screenshots here.

So shall I keep adding ? but this will go with the source code, when committing

Thanks,
    Somendu

Attachments:
    #600671 Reply

gtsiou
    Participant

Hello Brian. I also have the same problem on a react project and ts-ignore is not a sustainable solution. The TypeScript validator should not be there at all for jsx files.

Please aim to fix this in a proper way and not with a work around.

#600993 Reply

Brian Fernandes

somendu / gtsiou,

Apologies for the delayed response. At the start of this thread, I had posted a link to the troubleshooting document – I would like to be sure that you tried the steps suggested for strict JavaScript validation, perhaps you missed it.

Can you turn the javascript.implicitProjectConfig.checkJs setting to false and let us know if that works? It is described in point #2 here: https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/troubleshooting-codemix-2/ and should not require adding the ts-ignore comments to your source.

We will also be putting out a release in the next couple of days that will have this turned off by default as well, though doing it manually will have the same effect.

#601256 Reply

elongart
    Participant

Hi Brian, I’m facing a similar issue when I upgraded today from Webclipse to CodeMix 2.0. I’m working on an Angular Project and the two kind of validation issues I have are:

1) On all HTML files
    2) On some node_module files

For issue #2 I tried upgrading NPM packages and also cli tools. Also I manually updated @angular-cli package. When I open the file containing the issue at “node_modules” it shows something about a missing colon, or that a pattern shouldn’t end by a comma. But the issue that worries me more is #1 because is really annoying seeing all those validations marks.

Btw, I checked the javascript parameter you mentioned and it was already set to false.

I uploaded a screenshoot where you can see both issues

Any help will be apretiated

Attachments:
    #601258 Reply

ignaciom

Hey,

Thanks for contacting us, you are right those kind of issues are odd. Let’s see if we can figure out what is going on here. Are you installing on top of an Eclipse Package, or are you running with the Angular IDE? Could you please provide a Screenshot of the problems view? Take a look at your project properties (context menu of your project -> properties) -> CodeMix -> Validation and Build. Could you share a screenshot of your settings on this page and it’s children. (Disabled Validators, Includes/Excludes, Project Validation).

Best Regards
    Ignacio

#601278 Reply

elongart
    Participant

Hola Ignacio,

I downloaded the new Eclipse IDE: Eclipse Java EE IDE for Web Developers. Version: 2018-09 (4.9.0) Build id: 20180917-1800. I’m uploading the screenshoots you asked. Thanks in advance!

Attachments:
    #601514 Reply

ignaciom

Hey,

Thanks for the screenshots, we have just released a new version of CodeMix, I think this will help with your issue, also I would recommend to use the preference CodeMix -> Validation and Build -> Disabled Validators -> Enable project specific setting for disabled validators. Play with the options here and check if there is an improvement with these settings and with the new release.

Best Regards
    Ignacio

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
Reply To: Validation Errors

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in