facebook

When can we expect 3.8 GA release of MyEclipse

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Eclipse News
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author

Amir Mistric

Hi

Can someone tell me when to expect 3.8 GA release of MyEclipse?
    It says “sometimes at the end of June” in Road Map…

Thanks
    Amir

#209253 Reply

Amir,

We had hoped to get MyEclipse 3.8 GA out by end of the month so we could enjoy the 4th of July holiday. The development team will be working through the weekend and plan on releasing 3.8 Beta 2 by end of next week and final GA by July 15th.

3.8 is worth the wait though. A much improved Struts modeler, Visual WYSIWYG JSP development, Database explorer, Hibernate and JSTL support plus a number of bug fixes and enhancements. It is our biggest release yet – but we keep saying that with every release:-) Personally, I hope that never changes

#209255 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Amir,
    Still a few weeks off, we still need to do Beta 2 and GA.

#209262 Reply

tslusser

Please take some time off and enjoy the 4th. Better to have happy employees resulting in a better product than tired, disgruntled, employees who just want to “get it out the door”.

Just my 2c. It ain’t gonna kill us to wait an extra week.

#209272 Reply

snpe

Hello,
    Are You choose any existing plugin for hibernate and database explorer
    (if yes then which plugin) or develop any from scratch ?

regards

#209273 Reply

Amir Mistric

Hi
    Thanks to quick reply… And keep up the hard work…Your product is extremely nice
    Amir 😀

#209321 Reply

arjan.tijms

Do you have any extra info on the database explorer?

This sounds interesting. I didn’t saw any info relating to this earlier. We’re currently using JFaceDbc, and this works really nice. What kind of improvements (if any) do you plan to add?

One particular nice ‘feature’ of JFaceDbc is that it comes with source code. We use this to extend the editor to read and write our own special SQL file format (an XML dialect that stores the query along with some meta data and parameters). Basically, we don’t require full source code to do this, but merely interfaces or extention points for the read, write and execute SQL events.

Will anything like this be possible with your plug-in?

#209380 Reply

Paul
    Participant

First, I want say that you guys are robots. Thanks for the effort.

A question / psuedo feature request; is hibernate support being developed in such a way that it can also be applied to ibatis, etc., in the future?

thanks again, Paul

#209383 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

This is a great question. We have discussed it at length internally. Because of time pressures ME 3.8 OR support has been limited to Hibernate. But know that Genuitec’s scope of interest is much broader than this and follow up releases will concentrate effort to support additional OR technologies.

#211888 Reply

Damon Cool

I haven’t seen any new posts here.
    What’s the update on the release of 3.8 GA?

THANKS!,
    Damon

#211889 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Hopefully this week, maybe early next week.

#211911 Reply

bort

@damon_cool wrote:

What’s the update on the release of 3.8 GA?

According to the home page, it looks to be 85% ready (as of this post).

#211913 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

It’s actually a little better than that. We’re in the QA stage right now doing cross platform testing. We’ll have to iterate through a few more builds, but it’s getting very close and looking quite solid so far.

#211914 Reply

bort

I’ve got two words for you…

YEE HAA! :mrgreen:

#211978 Reply

bort

@support-scott wrote:

It’s actually a little better than that. We’re in the QA stage right now doing cross platform testing. We’ll have to iterate through a few more builds, but it’s getting very close and looking quite solid so far.

95% now! woo!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
Reply To: When can we expect 3.8 GA release of MyEclipse

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in