facebook

White background in package explorer on startup

1. DevStyle
  2.  > 
  3. Theme Problems
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

kschartz
    Participant

I found some information at StackOverflow (https://stackoverflow.com/questions/14545978/how-to-change-the-background-color-for-changed-files-in-eclipse-project-explorer)that provided a workaround for the package explorer background color issue with regard to modified files. It involves changing the “Uncommitted Change (Background)” color option in the “Git” section of Preferences > General > Appearance > Colors and Fonts. The “fix” remains in place the next time Eclipse is started. I have only tested this in the DevStyle Dark Blue workbench theme that I am using.

#608996 Reply

support-swapna

kschartz,

Thank you for pointing to the workaround details. It will surely help other users who are experiencing this problem. We will keep you posted when the fix is out.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#611095 Reply

ian92
    Participant

Thanks @kschwarts for linking to that SO fix. Worked for me too. I did find that there is an overall kill switch to disable the Git plugin from changing any colours in the project explorer: Disabling the “Git Resources” setting on General>Appearance>Label Decorations seems to do the trick, thought it also seems to disable all other annotations (icons etc.). I personally don’t ever use any of those annotations (too small/too cluttered) so that setting is a win-win for me.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
Reply To: White background in package explorer on startup

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in