Join the CodeMix Journey
The CodeMix journey began in early 2018, as we set out to give Eclipse developers timely access to all the best languages and technologies. Our first stop was a Technical Preview, where we gave Eclipse developers the power of VS Code, along with access to the rich catalog of Code OSS extensions, opening a whole new world to the Eclipse developer.
This was just the beginning. With each new feature added along the way, CodeMix has continued to pick up steam—even making it to the top 10 downloads on the Eclipse Marketplace! But that’s not the end of this journey, we’re just getting started. The best is yet to come!
What’s New in CodeMix?
We’ve continued to listen to user feedback to make CodeMix even better. Here are a few things we’ve brought you since the CodeMix 2.0 release.
- Live Chat lets you connect directly to a CodeMix developer from within your IDE
- Projects lazily registered for significant performance improvements—especially on Windows
- A private extensions directory improves compatibility with VS Code
- A redesigned extension manager for an improved user experience
- New wizards simplify making a new TypeScript interface, class, or enum
CodeMix gives you access to A LOT of new technologies! We’re committed to providing resources that will help you take advantage of all CodeMix has to offer.
- eLearning—Expand your horizons with interactive tutorials that demonstrate popular technologies (Vue, React, Angular, Spring, etc.) or improve your workflow (Emmet, snippets, build pipelines, etc.). You have the option to do the steps yourself for a real hands-on learning experience, or let the tutorial do the work while you just sit back and soak it all in!
- More extensions—There are always exciting new Code OSS extensions to discover. The best of these are getting added to the CodeMix catalog, making it easy for you to check them out!
CodeMix Improves Your Coding—It’s That Simple!
Don’t just take our word for it. Take a look at these side-by-side comparisons that show how much easier your coding life is with CodeMix.
A Look Back
Here at Genuitec, we have always worked to help developers in their chosen environment versus dictate environment. With that goal in mind, we created CodeMix as a way to bring more options to Eclipse without changing how you work. Our first release on April 2, 2018 was a technical preview. The initial response was phenomenal and CodeMix quickly evolved with weekly updates and fixes.
CodeMix 2.0 released!
New features include build pipelines and code mining, plus favorite Webclipse 1.x features like CodeLive with Live Preview. Plus, a better user experience with improvements in several key areas. Introduced in CI 2018.9.25.
Parameter hints show documentation corresponding to the parameter being entered, making it easy to switch between different function signatures. Introduced in CI 2018.5.24.
Snippet placeholders are visually highlighted, making it easier to fill in all required variables. Introduced in CI 2018.5.31.
The addition of the Quick Outline, makes it simple to navigate your project. Introduced in CI 2018.5.9.
Including symbol information in the Outline view was a much-requested feature. Introduced in CI 2018.4.30
If you would like to join us on this thrilling journey we call CodeMix, download it today! It’s free to try for 45 days!
And if you’re already a Genuitec customer, it likely works with your existing license.