The CodeMix Journey
Thanks for joining us on the CodeMix journey. Excitement is building as we near the end of the technical preview. We are especially grateful to all of the Insiders whose feedback has helped us fine-tune CodeMix to be a truly outstanding companion to your Eclipse IDE with the power of VS Code. It’s been an exhilarating trip with lots of cool things happening along the way, and you’re going to love where we are heading.
Next Stop: CodeMix 2.0
We are rapidly approaching CodeMix 2.0, with the anticipated release just weeks away. User feedback has given us a great list of enhancements that are sure to impress, including:
- Angular enhancements for a better user experience
- A more responsive Terminal
- Favorite features from Webclipse 1.x—including CodeLive with Live Preview
- Task support from VS Code allowing build pipelines—use compilers like TypeScript right inside your stack, making the newest versions of technology immediately available
- Code Mining—visualize references next to the code in your editor
- Find References—quickly navigate to callers of a function
- Rapid updates to new VS Code versions
CodeMix Improves Your Coding—It’s That Simple!
Don’t just take our word for it. Take a look at these side-by-side comparisons that show how much easier your coding life is with CodeMix.
A Look Back
Here at Genuitec, we have always worked to help developers in their chosen environment versus dictate environment. With that goal in mind, we created CodeMix as a way to bring more options to Eclipse without changing how you work. Our first release on April 2, 2018 was a technical preview. The initial response was phenomenal and CodeMix quickly evolved with weekly updates and fixes.
Parameter hints show documentation corresponding to the parameter being entered, making it easy to switch between different function signatures. Introduced in CI 2018.5.24.
Snippet placeholders are visually highlighted, making it easier to fill in all required variables. Introduced in CI 2018.5.31.
The addition of the Quick Outline, makes it simple to navigate your project. Introduced in CI 2018.5.9.
Including symbol information in the Outline view was a much-requested feature. Introduced in CI 2018.4.30
If you would like to join us on this thrilling journey we call CodeMix, download it today! It’s free to try for 45 days!
And if you’re already a Genuitec customer, it likely works with your existing license.