facebook

Building and code change is slow

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 79 total)
  • Author

support-swapna

Hi,

Thank you for the log files.
    Looks like it is a problem with the EJB jar name reference in the application.xml.
    Can you please check similar issue reported here and try if changing the name in the application.xml helps? : https://stackoverflow.com/questions/55176829/adma5014e-error-installing-mavenized-java-application-to-websphere-with-nomodule

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#673852 Reply

CS Tan
    Participant

Thanks Swapna. We’ll try this.

What is the guidance on disabling all validation?

CS

#673875 Reply

CS Tan
    Participant

Hi Swapna (and Brian who also responded on our SO post)

I followed the SO post and traced to the application.xml. I think we have the file correctly named.

Please see the attached from Myeclipse. Is something amiss.

CS

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #673877 Reply

CS Tan
    Participant

May be easier if we have a Zoom call to discuss this matter.

#673881 Reply

Brian Fernandes

CS,

On the validation front, it’s certainly not expected to take several hours to perform the validation. This is an operation that takes minutes, though perhaps 15 minutes or more based on the size of your project. Which of the validators in your screenshot was running all the time, the HTML Syntax validator or the Facelets validator? Disabling validation will have no impact on the deployment process, so if you’ve already been able to isolate the validator responsible for the delays, I would disable that validator and move on for now. There would be something specific to your files or project that is causing the delay, this can be separately investigated.

On deployment, one of the benefits of Maven (the one that is beneficial to you) is that you are able to build the application in a headless mode without the IDE. However, MyEclipse will not use Maven artifacts during the deployment process and will still use the same deployment process internally. For instance, to provide hot synch support or deployment benefits of the in-workspace mode, it cannot deploy JARs and WARs directly. I’m not sure how you migrated or imported your project, so I won’t make assumptions on the current state – I have a few notes and questions:
    1) Are you currently deploying in the in-workspace mode or the classic mode?
    2) Can you check the deployment assembly of the EAR project – does it have an entry for both the EJB and Web project? The deploy path values in this table must be what is mentioned in your application.xml. For reference & comparison, you could create a new Maven EAR project, referencing your existing EJB and Web projects. Now check this project’s deployment assembly and replicate the same in your EAR.
    3) If this is a Java EE 7 project or higher, you could try a deployment after deleting the application.xml file from your project (since your application.xml only references the modules without additional metadata, it may not be required).

If we could solve this over a quick meeting, I would schedule one, but I’m afraid these issues are still very specific to your project configuration, something we will not be able to quickly resolve on a call. Hopefully the steps above get you going – do keep us posted.

#673900 Reply

CS Tan
    Participant

Thanks Brian for your response… Thanks for the answers. It clarifies the approach that MyEclipse is taking. Below are our response to our question:

1) We are using in-workspace mode. Since moving our project to Maven, we have incorporated our shared_library as part of the deployment. This has inhibited us from using in-workspace mode.

2) I am not sure where I should check the deployment assembly. I attached here the directory of the EAR project, the content of the application .xml and the content of the pom.xml.

“Now check this project’s deployment assembly and replicate the same in your EAR.” I hope I understand this correctly. This is what I have run. Use Maven to create a new EAR file archive. Open this maven EAR file archive and checked the name of the EJB and Web project. They are exactly the same as in the attached EAR project structure.

3) Our project is on Java EE 6.

Attachments:
    #673937 Reply

Brian Fernandes

CS,

For deployment assembly, bring up the project properties of the EAR and look at the Deployment > Deployment Assembly page. You should have both your Web and EJB projects listed in this table. The left hand side, under source should be your project and the right hand side can be the name of the WAR and JAR you have in the application.xml file. If this does not work, can you send us a screenshot of that page?

Please see our documentation on deployment assembly for more information.

#673964 Reply

CS Tan
    Participant

Hi Brian,

I was away for a few days.
    Please see the attached.
    What should I change and how can I change it?

CS

Attachments:
    #673966 Reply

support-swapna

Hi,

Thank you for the screenshot.
    It looks like there is mismatch for the EJB name in the application.xml and deployment assembly.
    Can you please edit the application.xml and set the EJB name to belsize-ejb-0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar instead of com.company.belsize-belsize-ejb-0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar and check if the deployment works?

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#673971 Reply

CS Tan
    Participant

Made the change and got this message.

Attachments:
    #673990 Reply

CS Tan
    Participant

I created a new workspace and reimported the maven project with the name changed.

Same error.

A file does not exist for module element having uri: com.company.belsize-belsize-ejb-0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar

#673997 Reply

support-swapna

Hi,

Thank you for the screenshot. As per the screenshot, it looks like there is no project added to the EAR deployment assembly.
    After editing the application.xml and saving the changes, do you see the changed name reflected in the EAR’s Deployment Assembly page?
    If there are no entries in the DA, then please click on ‘Add’, select ‘Project’ and then select the EJB project that should be added to the deployment. Once you apply the changes, please recheck what name is added to the application.xml.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#674093 Reply

CS Tan
    Participant

Hi Swapna

I launch a new server to continue my work.

1) When i imported Maven, I now encounter this on the Problem tab.

Plugin execution not covered by lifecycle configuration: org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-dependency-plugin:3.1.2:copy (execution: default, phase: validate) pom.xml /Belsize – EJB line 105 Maven Project Build Lifecycle Mapping Problem
    Plugin execution not covered by lifecycle configuration: org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-dependency-plugin:3.1.2:copy (execution: default, phase: validate) pom.xml /Belsize – Web line 208 Maven Project Build Lifecycle Mapping Problem

Previously, I think the error was also there but there was a step to install something which removed the error.

2) You mentioned that from my screen shot “there is no project added to the EAR deployment assembly”. How should it look if there is an EAR deployment assembly?

3) I edited “application.xml and saving the changes”. I am not sure where to go to “see the changed name reflected in the EAR’s Deployment Assembly page”. Everything looks the same.

4) I “click on ‘Add’, select ‘Project’”. But I cannot see the EJB project

Please help.

#674094 Reply

support-swapna

Hi,

1) Right click on the project > Maven > Update Project and check if it fixes the issue. If that doesn’t help, then right click on the error in the pom.xml and select the quick fix option.

2) If projects are added to the EAR, then you should see the expand menu for EAR, expanding which you will see the EJB and Web as child projects. Please see attached screenshot for your reference.

3) After editing the application.xml and saving the changes, right click on the EAR file > Properties > Deployment > Deployment Assembly page and check if the ejb name under the Deploy Path matches with the one you just changed in the application.xml. To be specific, does changing the name in the application.xml reflect in the Deployment Assembly page?

4) Is the EJB project imported to the workspace along with the EAR? If yes, then you should see the project when you click on the Add in the Deployment Assembly page. If you are not seeing it, then can you please share the screenshot of the maven project structure from the Explorer view to help us check which files are imported into the workspace?

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

Attachments:
    #674096 Reply

CS Tan
    Participant

1) Maven > Update Project didn’t help. And quick fix prompt with dialog (see picture 1 in attchment). Also didn’t work.

2) Yes, I do see the project as child when I tried to add the project. That is how we deploy. BTW, it also look a little different from our earlier attachment.

3) After changing the application.xml, the change is not reflected in the Deployment Assembly page. See Picture 3.

4) Yes the EJB is imported along with the EAR. But I don’t see it in the project See Picture 4.

Can we do a call quickly to go through these. Please.

Attachments:
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 79 total)
Reply To: Building and code change is slow

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in