facebook

CodeMix 3/Eclipse/Angular opening documents multiple times

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

mikearnold
    Participant

Started having a strange issue earlier this week when opening documents to edit in my Eclipse (Version: Photon Release (4.8.0)
    Build id: 20180619-1200), CodeMix (Version: 3.2.0.201907091524).

It opens every document twice in separate tabs with one being editable and the other with no code highlighting/coloring. If I modify/type anything into the document that has no code highlighting/coloring it puts what I typed into the tab that has the color highlighting/coding. When I type into the tab that HAS the highlighting, nothing happens in the other tab. Not even after saving.

It seems to be doing it ONLY for “Angular” files. i.e. .ts, .css, .html, .js. I also use ColdFusion CFEclipse, and it doesn’t do it for my coldfusion pages. i.e. .cfm, .cfc.

Another oddity is that when I close either of the 2 pages that opened, both will close.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is driving me crazy!

• This topic was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by mikearnold.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #626598 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Update: CodeMix 3.5.0.20190930 and higher have this bug fixed. Please update to pick up the fix.

We resolved Mike’s issue on Live Chat, but posting an update here for other users running into this problem.

This issue is a regression in our most recent release (2019.9.25). We’ll be working on releasing an update to fix this shortly, but in the meanwhile, affected users can follow these steps to resolve the issue immediately.

1) Download this file.
    2) Shut down Eclipse
    3) In your Eclipse installation’s plugins folder, or in [user_home]/.p2/pool/plugins, you should find a file with the same name as the JAR you just downloaded – com.genuitec.eclipse.code.ui_3.5.0.201909251037.jar. Make a backup of this file, and replace it with the file you just downloaded.
    4) Start Eclipse – you should now no longer see duplicate editors.

Apologies for the annoying bug!

• This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by Brian Fernandes. Reason: added fix notes
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: CodeMix 3/Eclipse/Angular opening documents multiple times

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in