facebook

CodeMix and Eclipse

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

f-milhau
    Participant

Hi,
    I develop with Eclipse (Version: 2019-12 (4.14.0) and Build id: 20191212-1212) under ubuntu 18.0.4.
    I have, from marketplace installed CodeMix 2020.3.3 for develo with VueJs

When i run eclipse i have this 3 messages in a popup :

An internal error occurred during: “Check license status”. ECLIPSE_HOME is undefined.

An internal error occurred during: “Init CodeMix”.ECLIPSE_HOME is undefined.

An internal error occurred during: “Initializing CodeMix Engine”.java.lang.NullPointerException

Have your an idea

thanks

#651339 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Sorry to hear you’re having issues with CodeMix. Could you please send us your error log? You can find it at [workspace_location]/.metadata/.log

#651350 Reply

f-milhau
    Participant

hi
    thanks, the file in attached files

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #651506 Reply

support-swapna

Hi,

Thank you for sharing the log file.
    This looks like a permissions issue. CodeMix creates an extensions folder in the Eclipse installation directory and from the error, you dont seem to have the required permissions.

1. Can you please clarify if there is a folder named extensions in the Eclipse installation directory?

2. Does your account have full permissions including write access to the Eclipse installation folder? If Eclipse is installed as root user and if you are trying to run it as non-root user, then you might face issues with the permissions. Try running Eclipse as root user and check if it fixes the issue.

3. If you cannot fix the Eclipse permissions, then you can try to change the location of the extensions directory to the location which you have permissions for. Go to Window > Preferences > CodeMix > Miscellaneous > Storage page. Uncheck the use default storage location for CodeMix Extensions and set the location to the folder where you have full permissions including write access, apply the changes and restart the IDE.

Apologies for inconvenience caused. Please let us know how you get on with it.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#651522 Reply

f-milhau
    Participant

Hello
    1: I did not find a folder named installation
    2: Eclipse was installed with my local user (mapluz) who is an administrator; the /home/mapluz/.codemix, /home/mapluz/.codemix-store and /home/mapluz/.codemix.properties directories have all the permissions; I already installed other modules with the eclipse marketplace without rights issues.
    3: the directories indicated in Windows> Preference> CodeMiw> Storage are those indicated above which have all the rights (see attachment eclipse-codemix.png)

Attachments:
    #651533 Reply

support-swapna

Hi,

To reiterate, you should look for extensions folder in your Eclipse installation folder.
    How did you install Eclipse? Is it using an installer file or using the zip file?
    For Eclipse installs based on the installer file, the plugins via Marketplace will be installed to your user home folder/.p2/pool/plugins folder which should not be a problem as you have permissions for your user home folder.

If you have full rights to the Eclipse installation directory, then try creating the extensions folder manually and restart the IDE.
    Attached is the screenshot showing the folder location for your reference.

Hope this helps.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

Attachments:
    #651654 Reply

f-milhau
    Participant

Hello
    my eclipse is installed with snap packages on ubuntu
    i can’t create extensions folder because snap packages are read only
    i think i will have to re-install eclipse by some other means
    Thanks for your help

#651721 Reply

support-swapna

Alternatively, you could try changing the extensions location in the Storage preferences page as suggested in my previous response. Set it to a location which you have full rights to and restart the IDE.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#662425 Reply

gathan
    Participant

Hello,
    it seems I am running into the exact same problem with Eclipse 2019-12.
    Initially, as you correctly pointed out, the Codemix Extension folder was pointing by default to a path under /opt/eclipse which is only accessible by the root user. However, I changed that to a folder under my user home path and I restarted but the problem persists. I also created the extensions folder with full permissions under the eclipse installation, though I am not sure this is of any use.
    – An internal error occurred during: “Check license status”.ECLIPSE_HOME is undefined.
    – An internal error occurred during: “Init CodeMix”. ECLIPSE_HOME is undefined.
    Any ideas?
    Regards,
    George

Attachments:
    #662428 Reply

support-swapna

gathan,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue.

1. Did you try running Eclipse as Administrator to see if it helps? Once you restarted the IDE, do you see CodeMix engine status as connected and check if there any folders created in the extensions folder.

2.I am afraid the log file didn’t come across. Please switch to a new workspace and send us the .log file located at workspace dir/.metadata/.log. Rename the file extension to .txt and attach it here.

3. Please also share the Ubuntu version details.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#662429 Reply

gathan
    Participant

Hello Swapna,
    thank you for your prompt response. Unfortunately, running as a root didn’t help. I couldn’t see any of the plugins installed in Eclipse IDE, probably because the installations were carried out by the normal user. Also, I do not know how to check the CodeMix engine status, however I doubt it started because when I click on any of the related options in the UI there’s no response.
    You may find attached the logs.
    The machine is Ubuntu 20.04 LTS.
    Regards,
    G.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by gathan.
    Attachments:
    #662433 Reply

support-swapna

gathan,

Thank you for the details and the log file.
    I see framework errors for Eclipse modules as well in the log file.

1. Can you please share with us the Java Vendor details for the Java build you are using to start Eclipse? I see it as ‘Private Build’ in the log file.

2. How is the Eclipse installed? Is it using the installer or a downloaded .zip file? If you have installed Eclipse using the installer, then can you please try downloading the .zip package for Eclipse 4.14 from here, unzip it to a location where you have full permissions and then install CodeMix to see if it works? The extensions folder should be created inside the Eclipse folder without any issues in this case.

3. Do you have a valid license for CodeMix? Or a trial atleast? Go to Help > CodeMix > Update License and enter your login details if you already have a license.

4. Regarding the CodeMix status, you should see a blue tick at the bottom left besides CodeMix if the engine is connected. You can hover over the icon to see its status.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#662434 Reply

gathan
    Participant

Hi Swapna,
    1. The java installation is Openjdk version 1.8.0_265
    2. If I remember correctly it was installed with snap
    3. I didn’t even know I need one. I merely chose to install the Angular and JHipster plugins for Eclipse. If that is the case, how can I obtain a valid license for trial?
    4. According to the status message the CodeMix Engine is connected.
    Regards,
    G.

#662441 Reply

support-swapna

gathan,

It looks like permissions issue creating/writing to extensions folder with snap based installation of Eclipse.
    Can you please try downloading the zip package for Eclipse 4.14 from here : https://www.eclipse.org/downloads/packages/release/2019-12/r as per my suggestion in the previous response and see how it works.

Your trial should have already been activated. You can verify the same from Help > CodeMix > Update License dialog.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
Reply To: CodeMix and Eclipse

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in