facebook

CodeMix does not show code errors or content assist after latest update

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

beleta1
    Participant

After latest update, 2019.6.19, CodeMix engine seems to stop after several minutes of using the IDE. It stops showing code errors in TypeScript files, but curiously enough it shows TSLint errors and warnings, and when requesting content assist it only shows a message box that says “Loading…”. No message is recorded in the Eclipse log.

The Windows Task Manager shows a high use of CPU in several of the CodeMix Engine tasks: 50%, 30%, 15%, and a big use of memory, 2GB, 1GB, ….
    The only way to stop this behavior is to restart the IDE.

I am including a screenshot of the Task Manager.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #616482 Reply

ignaciom

Hey,

I’m sorry to hear you are having this issue, to try to isolate things a bit let’s try the following.

1. Stop your eclipse.
    2. Go to ~/.codemix and move or do a backup of the extensions (just to keep track of what extensions you have)
    3. Delete the ~/.codemix directory
    4. Open your eclipse and by using the CodeMix extensions manager, re-install your extensions.

See if things improve with newly installed extensions. While you are on this, could you please share the ls out put of your old extensions directory?

Best Regards
    Ignacio

#616526 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Just checking in – the 2019.6.19 update contained very isolated fixes, none of which should have caused this behavior. Were you able to get CodeMix working again with the steps that Ignacio outlined – would have helped in case of a glitched update or some odd extension/engine corruption.

#616885 Reply

beleta1
    Participant

I waited to post a reply because I was not sure what was going on. I removed all the extra extensions that I used and it seems that my problem does not shows any more.

Thanks a lot.

#616892 Reply

beleta1
    Participant

I waited but not enough, I have just got the Loading…, 100% CPU and high memory problem with the standard extensions. I am not sure what is the trigger of the problem, perhaps hitting ctrl-space inside a string.

Brian I am not sure if the problem originated with the latest release or was an older problem.

#616893 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Appreciate you troubleshooting the issue yourself – I would think it’s unlikely to be the very latest release that caused this problem, perhaps just a combination of, “bad conditions”.

Invoking content assist could trigger some of the language services, if they hadn’t been already initialized, and this could result in a small usage spike, though nothing that should last too long, or for the entire session.

Would it be possible for you to come into the Live Chat (Help > CodeMix > Live Chat) so we can diagnose this live? If not, we can work out further debugging steps here.

Thanks!

#616933 Reply

beleta1
    Participant

Thank you Brian but let me see if I can gather some more information on the issue before bothering you again. I am not sure about anything.

#616937 Reply

Brian Fernandes

If it comes to CodeMix, we love being bothered 🙂 If you run into the problem again, we can probably save some of your debugging time with the diagnostic tools we have in Live Chat, but whatever you’re comfortable with works for us.

Thanks!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: CodeMix does not show code errors or content assist after latest update

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in