facebook

CodeMix Doesn't Start Correctly when Last Edited File is TS

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

myronuecker
    Participant

I’m pretty sure I mentioned this to you previously. When the last file I edited before exiting Eclipse is using a CodeMix editor (usually Typescript), I can almost guarantee that when I start Eclipse again, CodeMix will not start up correctly. All CodeMix-managed editors do not highlight or operate. Validations that normally happen on startup do not (I usually get a message on startup from one of our projects). Just now I tried opening a CodeMix Terminal and did not open. This has caused issues for me several times this week as I have been working mostly on the Angular side of our application.

When this happens, the blue CodeMix checkmark is on the screen and Windows Task Manager has several CodeMix Engine processes under Eclipse. The appearance is normal except for the CodeMix editors that do not work.

Usually I work around the issue by opening a Java editor before shutting down Eclipse and I don’t switch back to a TS file until after CodeMix has fully loaded and the icon is blue again. When I forget to do this, I usually have to restart Eclipse again.

Just so you know, this is running Eclipse Oxygen. I know I had mentioned on other posts that I have Photon as well, but I only use that when working on a Java 10 project and not on our standard project. It could be related to workspace size, my workspace has 202 Java projects and almost all are subprojects under the same Gradle project.

#594763 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Myron,

We’ve been unable to reproduce this so far – rarely we do see coloring lost on restart, but simply reopening the file shows the coloring, and the rest of the CodeMix functionality works as well. What you are experiencing is pretty much a catastrophic failure.

I have a feeling the large number of Java projects in your workspace could play a part – does your workspace typically start with a Java / other building phases? Are these heavy projects with a large number of JARs? Something to try (to help us debug) would be to turn Build Automatically off, keep the CodeMix editor open and restart – do you still see the problem with repeated tries?

I think the most expedient way to get to the bottom of this would be to have a call where we can look at the problem live. If you can make the time for a call, what times would work for you next week?

#595053 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Myron,

Not sure if you’ve seen our last message. Any thoughts on being able to meet anytime?

#595054 Reply

myronuecker
    Participant

I’m not going to have time this week as I’m going to be out of the office after today. Hopefully my schedule will be more accommodating next week.

#595058 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Thanks Myron, we’ll keep trying to reproduce at our end.

Do you mind sharing your extension list with us? You could share a directory listing of your [home_directory]/.vscode/extensions folder, or screenshots of the Extension Manager inside CodeMix. We’ll try to match your environment as closely as possible.

#598896 Reply

myronuecker
    Participant

Sorry I have not gotten back to you on this. I think the issue has resolved itself. It appears it was one of the installed extensions causing problems. Specifically I think it was one of the extensions in the Angular Extension Pack you provide.

I was having performance issues in CodeMix and VS Code and at one point uninstalled every plugin from VS Code. I have since reinstalled a few individual plugins that I needed rather than packs of plugins. One that I didn’t reinstall is Typescript Hero, which some people have reported causing performance issues. I don’t know for sure that removing that plugin is what resolved the problem, however.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: CodeMix Doesn't Start Correctly when Last Edited File is TS

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in