facebook

CodeMix Engine Not Extracting

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

kombat
    Participant

I’m trying CodeMix for the first time. Using Eclipse Photon. The icon in the lower left says there was an error during installation. And this is in .log:

!ENTRY com.genuitec.eclipse.code.core 4 0 2018-10-10 15:09:26.326
    !MESSAGE C:\Users\kxc514\.codemix\engine\engine.json (The system cannot find the path specified)
    !STACK 0
    java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\kxc514\.codemix\engine\engine.json (The system cannot find the path specified)
    at java.io.FileOutputStream.open0(Native Method)
    at java.io.FileOutputStream.open(FileOutputStream.java:270)
    at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:213)
    at com.google.common.io.Files$FileByteSink.openStream(Files.java:201)
    at com.google.common.io.Files$FileByteSink.openStream(Files.java:189)
    at com.google.common.io.ByteSink.write(ByteSink.java:102)
    at com.google.common.io.Files.write(Files.java:272)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.code.core.engine.app.EngineConfiguration.storeIfNecessary(EngineConfiguration.java:120)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.code.core.engine.app.AbstractEngine.install(AbstractEngine.java:146)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.code.core.engine.app.EngineManager.install(EngineManager.java:163)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.code.core.engine.app.EngineManager.initialize(EngineManager.java:79)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.code.core.engine.EngineService.start(EngineService.java:130)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.code.ui.CodeService.start(CodeService.java:279)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.code.ui.CodeUI$1.run(CodeUI.java:132)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:60)

!ENTRY com.genuitec.eclipse.code.core 4 0 2018-10-10 15:09:26.341
    !MESSAGE Failed to install new CodeMix Engine

My .codemix folder contains only a settings.json file and a folder called engine-extract1539198486395.

I tried deleting the .codemix folder as I saw suggested elsewhere and restarting eclipse but that didn’t help.

#600304 Reply

timwebb
    Keymaster

Kombat,

Are you running with the plugin installed from the Eclipse Marketplace / update site or are you using the standalone install of Angular IDE? The reason I ask is we have an update staged right now that should fix this for you — I imagine you have a virus program like McAfee? We found an issue with extract timing and how virus software run that is going out soon.

If installed as a standalone Angular IDE, follow these steps:

If installed as a plugin, follow these steps:

• Add the following line to Eclipse/configuration/config.ini
      com.genuitec.code.manifest.url=http\://www.genuitec.com/updates/codemix/prerelease/codemix.json
    • Restart Eclipse
    • An update will be detected as shown bottom left — when the update is applied, click the Restart icon to reload Eclipse with the prerelease version of CodeMix
    • This reply was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by timwebb.
    #600307 Reply

kombat
    Participant

Thanks for the fast response. Unfortunately that didn’t work. I got a new error in .log. Also, I am using the plugin from the Marketplace.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 2018-10-11 08:47:13.329
    !MESSAGE Unhandled event loop exception
    !STACK 0
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/genuitec/eclipse/ui/common/platform/updates/UpdatesManager
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.startup.config.LaunchState.hasReleaseNotes(LaunchState.java:129)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.startup.config.StartupDialogConfig.getWorkbenchPopup(StartupDialogConfig.java:174)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.startup.operation.StartupOperationsExecutor.showWorkbenchPopupDialogs(StartupOperationsExecutor.java:64)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.startup.operation.StartupOperationsExecutor$1$1.run(StartupOperationsExecutor.java:243)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableLock.java:37)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:182)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Display.java:3906)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3537)
    at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$5.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1170)
    at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:336)
    at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1059)
    at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:153)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.lambda$3(Workbench.java:667)
    at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:336)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:597)
    at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:148)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:152)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:388)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:243)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:656)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:592)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1498)
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.genuitec.eclipse.ui.common.platform.updates.UpdatesManager cannot be found by com.genuitec.eclipse.startup_1.11.0.201805281508
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:508)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:419)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:411)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.ModuleClassLoader.loadClass(ModuleClassLoader.java:150)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)
    … 29 more

#600309 Reply

timwebb
    Keymaster

Kombat,

To clarify, this was after using the prerelease URL for CodeMix?

#600310 Reply

kombat
    Participant

Yes. I added that line to my config.ini and now I get the new error.

Karl

#600313 Reply

timwebb
    Keymaster

Please add com.genuitec.eclipse.engine.log=true to the configuration/config.ini file.

In ~/.codemix/ you will then see a log file created. Could you send that to us? Thank you!

#600341 Reply

kombat
    Participant

Tim,

That did not product a log file in my .codemix folder. I’m attaching the config.ini so you we can make sure I have the line items in correctly.

Thanks,
    Karl

Edit: It won’t let me upload the file so here’s a paste of its contents.

eclipse.p2.profile=epp.package.jee
    osgi.instance.area.default=@user.home/workspace
    osgi.framework=file\:plugins/org.eclipse.osgi_3.13.0.v20180409-1500.jar
    equinox.use.ds=true
    eclipse.buildId=4.8.0.I20180611-0500
    ds.delayed.keepInstances=true
    osgi.bundles=reference\:file\:org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator_1.3.0.v20180502-1828.jar@1\:start
    org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator.configUrl=file\:org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator/bundles.info
    eclipse.product=org.eclipse.platform.ide
    osgi.splashPath=platform\:/base/plugins/org.eclipse.platform
    osgi.framework.extensions=reference\:file\:org.eclipse.osgi.compatibility.state_1.1.100.v20180331-1743.jar
    osgi.bundles.defaultStartLevel=4
    eclipse.p2.data.area=@config.dir/../p2/
    eclipse.application=org.eclipse.ui.ide.workbench
    com.genuitec.eclipse.engine.log=true
    com.genuitec.code.manifest.url=http\://www.genuitec.com/updates/codemix/prerelease/codemix.json

• This reply was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by kombat.
    • This reply was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by kombat.
    #600344 Reply

timwebb
    Keymaster

That sounds like you aren’t actually running the preview build. The config.ini does look correct.

Can you confirm if you have a 10/10 or 10/11 build of com.genuitec.eclipse.code.ui plugin in your plugins/ directory?

Maybe you didn’t restart Eclipse after the update was applied? Alternatively, from the cmd-shift-p command palette you can run the command “Update CodeMix” to manually trigger an update check.

#600346 Reply

kombat
    Participant

Based on the name of the jar, no I’m not. 201809272129.

Karl

#600347 Reply

timwebb
    Keymaster

Ok — the release going out that fixes compatibility with particular virus software is already staged and will be released in the next hour or few. Will drop a note here when ready.

May be easier than continuing to try to get the prerelease given the limited time difference.

#600353 Reply

kombat
    Participant

Thanks. I uninstalled the plugin, and then re-installed directly from the update site instead of the Marketplace, and was able to install 20181011. It seems to be working fine now. Thanks for all the help.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Reply To: CodeMix Engine Not Extracting

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in