facebook

CodeMix failed to start on my Mac

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

johnnyko
    Participant

Hi

CodeMix failed to start on my Mac and return

Engine process exited unexpectedly [139]

My Eclipse version is 2020-03 (4.15.0).

I tried to remove and re-install codemix but still failed to start.

thanks

Johnny Ko

#651123 Reply

support-swapna

Johnny,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue.

1. Please recheck if Eclipse is installed as root user and is being started as non-root user. You need to have full permissions including write permissions to the Eclipse installation directory.

2. Please share with us the .log file located at workspace dir/.metadata/.log to help us investigate further. Change the extension to .txt and attach it here. Also share with us the Mac version details.

Alternatively, you can reach us via Live Chat (Help > CodeMix > Live Chat) to help us gather required information and diagnose the problem quickly.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#651246 Reply

johnnyko
    Participant

Swapna,

Attached please find my .log and my MacOS version Caterlina version 10.15.4.

Thanks

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #651505 Reply

support-swapna

Johnny,

Thank you for the log. Unfortunately I did not find enough information in the log file to properly diagnose this problem. I assume you have installed the latest CodeMix CI 2020.3.3.

1. Is Eclipse also crashing when CodeMix fails to start?
    2. Any anti virus software running in the machine? If yes, then which one? Please recheck if the anti virus software is blocking the CodeMix.

To get detailed engine log, please close Eclipse and add the below flags to the config.ini file located in the Eclipse installation dir/configuration folder:

com.genuitec.eclipse.engine.log=true
    com.genuitec.eclipse.engine.log.verbose=true

Next, delete the .codemix folder located in your user home directory and restart Eclipse. This should download a fresh copy of the engine. If the engine still fails to start, then please share the generated file located in the .codemix folder (file name starts with codemix followed by timestamp). Please also share the latest workspace log once again.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#651601 Reply

johnnyko
    Participant

Swapna,

I followed your steps to start the CodeMix but it still failed.

Eclipse not crashed when CodeMix failed and no anti-virus software installed running in my machine.

Attached is the engine log and the workspace log for your reference.

Thank you

Johnny

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #651731 Reply

support-swapna

Johnny,

Thank you for the engine log and details. The dev team is looking into this issue.
    We will get back to you soon.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#651988 Reply

support-swapna

Johnny,

We ran some tests with CodeMix on Eclipse 2020-03 and Mac 10.15.4 but could not replicate the issue. The engine log does not help either.

1. Can you please let us know if this is a fresh install of CodeMix? Did CodeMix start fine before and suddenly failing to start?
    2. If CodeMix worked fine before, then do you remember if any changes are made at machine level or at installation level which could have resulted in failing to start now? Any actions performed which could have broken the CodeMix state?
    3. We see a lot of exceptions related to /Login/src/ChartPage.js file . Does the file exist in the workspace and are you able to open this file in a regular Eclipse Text Editor?

Apologies for inconvenience caused. Hoping to figure this out soon.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#652074 Reply

johnnyko
    Participant

Swapna,

CodeMix work fine before when I first install several weeks ago and suddenly failed to start last week.
    I remember that I had updated the Eclipse. After, CodeMix failed to start but I can’t remember what I had updated.
    I restored the ChartPage.js from my backup to workspace but CodeMix still failed.

Finally I completely uninstalled Eclipse and CodeMix. delete the Eclipse and CodeMix saved state in ~/Library/Saved Application State/ Then, I reinstall Eclipse and CodeMix. Now CodeMix work fine.

Thank you for your help.

Johnny

#652248 Reply

support-swapna

Johnny,

Glad that CodeMix is finally up and running. Looks like something went wrong with the update process and CodeMix is silently failing to start.
    Apologies for inconvenience caused. Please let us know if you see any issues with CodeMix.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: CodeMix failed to start on my Mac

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in