facebook

CodeMix failing to build workspace after update to v2

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

asagrim
    Participant

After updating product to v2 I’ve been starting experiencing this problem, which apparently has to do with building the workspace:

CodeMix Engine status as indicated bottom-left in the status bar: No indication displayed (empty)

Eclipse version: 2019-03 (4.11.0)
    Build id: 20190314-1200

❯ java -version
    Picked up JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS: -Djava.vendor=”Sun Microsystems Inc.”
    java version “12” 2019-03-19
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 12+33)
    Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 12+33, mixed mode, sharing)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #611958 Reply

asagrim
    Participant

Additionally, the same failure occurs also when creating a brand new workspace.

#611960 Reply

Hi asagrim!,

Sorry you are having this problem, looks like you may have a corrupted installation, in order to help you better diagnose, please reach to use via LiveChat. You can access it by going to Help>CodeMix>Live Chat.

Cheers,
    Sal.

#611965 Reply

asagrim
    Participant

Thanks for your advice.

Unfortunately, the Help>CodeMix>Live Chat button seems not working, probably due to the issue I’m experiencing.

In any case, just for your information, I have installed Eclipse anew on three different machines (which use three different internet connections) without any other additional plug-ins, and then just added CodeMix via the update site (http://www.genuitec.com/updates/codemix/ci/) and I could reproduce the failure on all three clean installations.

#611968 Reply

Hi asagrim,

Thanks a lot for the shared information!
    After some research, we found out that there is a compatibility problem with Java 12, as workaround, you can launch Eclipse with an early version of Java.
    We will have a prerelease later this week which fixes this issue. so please stay tuned.

Cheers,
    Sal

#612094 Reply

Aaron Lara

@asagrim, I’m happy to announce we fixed this Java 12 compatibility issue. This and other fixes and improvements will be available next week in our next CodeMix release. We have a pre-release build available and it would be really hepful if you could give it a try to confirm the fix works for you.

To use the preview release, follow these steps:

1. Add the following line to Eclipse/configuration/config.ini
    com.genuitec.code.manifest.url=http\://www.genuitec.com/updates/codemix/prerelease/codemix.json
    2. Restart Eclipse
    3. An update will be detected as shown bottom left — when the update is applied, click the Restart icon to reload Eclipse with the prerelease version of CodeMix

Cheers!
    Aaron Lara

#612362 Reply

asagrim
    Participant

@aaronlonin:

Unfortunately, even after adding the line you provided to the Eclipse/configuration/config.ini file, the offending behaviour is still occurring.

#612365 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Sorry to hear that – just to be clear, did you receive an update after you put in that line? If you go to Preferences > CodeMix, what version do you see listed there?

I have a feeling that the update might not have been downloaded, because the current auto-update code itself might not work with Java 12. If this is the case, please follow the steps mentioned in this post to apply the update and let us know. https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/unable-to-install-codemix-plugin/page/1/#post-612279

Thanks!

#612425 Reply

asagrim
    Participant

Brian,

Just tested the following scenario on my home PC:

1) Start Eclipse
    2) Go to Preferences > Install/Update > Available Software Sites and add the following site:
    http://www.genuitec.com/updates/codemix/prerelease/
    3) Help > Check for Updates
    4) Select CodeMix Extended Suite > Install > Quit Eclipse
    5) Amend eclipse.ini with:

-vm
    C:/Java/jdk-12/bin/javaw.exe

6) Start Eclipse

And the outcome is SUCCESSFUL: CodeMix loads without errors.
    Still need to do the same on my dev machine at work (where the previous scenario suggested by Aaron above failed) and my laptop.

#612503 Reply

Brian Fernandes

I’m glad you were able to get up and running with at least one of your installations. We made this release publicly available a few hours ago, so the steps Aaron and I shared to jump on the pre-release are no longer necessary.

If you had installations that are not running Java 12, it is likely that they will already have updated, or will update shortly – and you can check that the version on the Preferences > CodeMix page says 2019.4.11.

If you have installations that are running Java 12 and they have not updated, simply choose Help > Check for Updates and apply the updates presented to get onto the new version. Since the release is now public, the steps to add the prerelease update site aren’t required either.

Hope this helps and apologies for the inconvenience caused across your installs – this was a rare case in which the update code itself was affected. Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: CodeMix failing to build workspace after update to v2

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in