facebook

Codemix freezes since last update (3 days ago)

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

dayo.ayeni
    Participant

Hello,
    I’ve enjoyed using codemix, however after an update 3 days ago, it’s been pretty useless.
    After launching eclipse, my entire IDE would freeze up after a few minutes – between 5 and 10 mins – of use, and i’ll have to issue a kill, then restart the IDE.
    My guess was confirmed after disabling codemix, my IDE didn’t freeze again.
    I’m running
    — Debian 8 (in Virtualbox)
    — Eclipse IDE for PHP Developers
    Version: Photon Release Candidate 3 (4.8.0RC3)
    Build id: 20180607-0625
    OS: Linux, v.3.16.0-6-amd64, x86_64 / gtk 3.14.5, WebKit 2.4.9
    Java version: 1.8.0_161
    — CodeMix for Eclipse 0.9.0.201807181436 com.genuitec.eclipse.code.feature.feature.group Genuitec, LLC
    — Vue Pack :: CodeMix 1.0.0 com.genuitec.eclipse.code.pack.vue.feature.group null

There is no error prompt

#593910 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Dayo,

I’m sorry to hear the update has led to a sub-optimal experience, and thank you for writing in. Could you please help us track this down by answering the following questions?

1) Did you switch your validation or build settings with this version of CodeMix?
    If you go to Project Properties > CodeMix > Validation, can you tell us if you have enabled CodeMix validation and if yes, what option you have selected?

2) If you do have CodeMix validation enabled on the above page, does disabling it fix your problem?
    Note that the project validation is different from the editor validation, which you will continue to get.

3) Can you tell us anything about the projects/files you are editing when the problem occurs? Are you editing .vue files or others?

4) Do share with us your error log, you can find it at: [workspace_location]/.metadata/.log

I would also recommend updating to the Photon GA release, though it’s not too likely that the RC version would cause these issues. With your help, I hope we can nail this down in short order. Thanks!

#593918 Reply

support-swapna

Dayo,

In addition to the details requested by Brian, can you please also share with us the thread dumps from the time the Eclipse IDE freezes to help us investigate further?

Please take 3-4 thread dumps during the period when Eclipse freezes, that would help us figure out what process is running. To take a thread dump, you will need to run
    jstack -l 9000 > dump1.txt
    Please replace 9000 with the PID of the Eclipse process, the jstack program can be found in the bin directory of any JDK installation. If you can generate 3-4 dumps (sent to different files, of course) during the period , and attach those files here, that could help a great deal.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#594119 Reply

dayo.ayeni
    Participant

Hello @support-brian and @support-swapna
    Thanks for getting in touch. I hadn’t responded until now because I was observing.
    It’s been 2 days now and the freezing has not occurred.
    All I did was disable codemix, use (struggle) with the default js IDE interfaces…and after a day, re-enable codemix again, and all’s been great.

@support-brian

1, No I didn’t
    2, I didn’t disable project validation
    3, Editing .vue files when this happens.
    4, I’ll try.

@support-swapna

OK. Although I hope this doesn’t re-occur.
    Thanks for the help. I’ll keep you posted if there’s new development

• This reply was modified 5 years, 9 months ago by dayo.ayeni.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Codemix freezes since last update (3 days ago)

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in