facebook

CodeMix Locking Bin Folders

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

myronuecker
    Participant

I’m pretty confident now that a problem I have been experiencing with my workspace the last couple of days is caused by CodeMix. I have had a large number of projects that fail to build because they cannot delete some file from the bin folder (Eclipse’s build output folder). Cleaning all projects usually fails and sometimes after restarting Eclipse I can get the projects to build. However, this has caused a lot of issues and I was finally forced to uninstall CodeMix, after which my workspace built immediately without issue.

I suspect there are validators, etc. that are holding locks on compiled classes and that is causing these issues.

My .metadata\.log file is filed with stacktraces that look like this (no genuitec packages listed):

Contains: Could not delete: <workspace location>\<someproject>\bin\<somefolder>.
    java.nio.file.DirectoryNotEmptyException: <workspace location>\<someproject>\bin\<somefolder>
    at sun.nio.fs.WindowsFileSystemProvider.implDelete(WindowsFileSystemProvider.java:266)
    at sun.nio.fs.AbstractFileSystemProvider.deleteIfExists(AbstractFileSystemProvider.java:108)
    at java.nio.file.Files.deleteIfExists(Files.java:1165)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.filesystem.local.LocalFile.internalDelete(LocalFile.java:253)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.filesystem.local.LocalFile.delete(LocalFile.java:137)

#580003 Reply

timwebb
    Keymaster

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. A few quick questions:

1. What sort of project are you running? Are these .class files that show locked? Or some other type of file?
    2. Are there any tasks running in the Progress view?
    3. Were you asked to turn on the Builder for CodeMix (project-level validation) and if so, did you say Yes?

As a workaround, I believe if you turn off the CodeMix builder in the Project Properties > Builder area that it should avoid doing any unrequested validation of files.

Thanks again and I appreciate any additional details you can share.

Tim

#581347 Reply

myronuecker
    Participant

After shutting down validation, I don’t seem to be having the issues with building my workspace like I did previously. I wasn’t able to see what it was complaining about, just that builds would fail because of a non-empty directory.

#582773 Reply

support-swapna

myron,

The reported issue has been logged in our issue tracker and the fix is out with our update released on April 20th – see the top of this thread for a link. Feel free to vote-up other issues you find important!
    https://www.genuitec.com/go/codemix-top-issues

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#588314 Reply

pit91
    Participant

I don’t have this fixes in my eclipse… I have the eclipse version as STS package:
    Spring Tool Suite

Version: 3.9.1.RELEASE
    Build Id: 201710111144
    Platform: Eclipse Neon.3 (4.6.3)

And CodeMix for Eclipse 0.9.0.201805171907.

What should I do? When I tried to build my projects with maven I had error like this: “Failed to clean project: Failed to delete”. I tried to restart my workspace, reinstall the plugin and a lot of other stuff. Can you help me with this problem?

#588318 Reply

support-swapna

pit91,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue. Currently the fix is only applicable to excluding the default bin folder.

Can you please share with us the complete workspace log file by clicking on the ‘Export Log’ icon in the Error Log view to help us full details of the error?

You can also disable CodeMix in the IDE and check if your maven projects build fine to confirm that the problem is caused by CodeMix. Go to Window > Preferences > CodeMix and enable ‘Temporarily disable CodeMix functionality’, apply the changes and restart the IDE. This will disable all the CodeMix services.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#588331 Reply

pit91
    Participant

Hello Swapna,

I disabled CodeMix as you said, and my projects were built with success, so this build failures were connected with CodeMix plugin.

When comes to error logs from the eclipse, I will create some example projects in my workspace soon, and I will attached them.

Regards,
    Piotr

#588363 Reply

pit91
    Participant

I tried to create new project in the new workspace. First maven build was run with success, but the second one was failed. I attached an error log from my workspace.

Regards,
    Piotr

• This reply was modified 5 years, 11 months ago by pit91.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #588366 Reply

timwebb
    Keymaster

Thank you for reporting this and sharing the flow — we were able to reproduce and thankfully have a fix in place. Even better, we had an update going out today and were able to pick up the update. You’ll have it in some hours. We’ll drop a note when the update is live.

#588407 Reply

timwebb
    Keymaster

Happy to report that the fix is now out! If you pick up the 2018.5.24 release of CodeMix, you will have no more issues with your Maven builds assuming standard directories. We have one lingering issue getting picked up for the next update which involves detecting customized paths in more intelligent ways. Please let us know if this gets you back up and going using CodeMix!

#589253 Reply

sbentin
    Participant

I have the 2018.5.24 release of CodeMix the problem still occures. True situation is better since I can manually delete the bin folders when eclipse is closed, but It still get locked on occasion. Don’t know what triggers the lock, it maybe a gradle build.

#589261 Reply

sbentin
    Participant

I can confirm that when using gradle cleaneclipse I can reproduce the problem

#589309 Reply

timwebb
    Keymaster

Thanks for the details! I’m happy to report that the team here has been able to reproduce the error and is looking at a nice fix that leverages a Windows-specific way to avoid these directory locks. We’ll have it out in our next release, though if you are willing, we can send you over most likely tomorrow a drop-in plugin that should get you up and going (and help confirm that we’ve really licked the last edge case!).

Cheers!

#589312 Reply

sbentin
    Participant

I’ll be happy to help

#589514 Reply

Aaron Lara

@sbentin, thanks for your help! We’ve made a prerelease build that make more enhacements and fixes the locking directories issue. Mind giving it a try to see if it now works for you?

Pre-release is now available:

To use the preview release, follow these steps:

1. Add the following line to Eclipse/configuration/config.ini
      com.genuitec.code.manifest.url=http\://www.genuitec.com/updates/codemix/prerelease/codemix.json
    2. Restart Eclipse
    3. An update will be detected as shown bottom left — when the update is applied, click the Restart icon to reload Eclipse with the prerelease version of CodeMix
    • This reply was modified 5 years, 11 months ago by Aaron Lara.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
Reply To: CodeMix Locking Bin Folders

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in