facebook

CodeMix plugin interaction with built in support, like for Java

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help

Tagged: ,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Scott Esker
    Participant

So, I was wanting to ask the question. I have CodeMix with a suite of plugins for it, including Java. What is the interaction between the CodeMix Java plugin with the default Java editor behavior… What I guess I mean is I assume I have two behaviors happening when I open a Java class in MyEclipse, and I have a CodeMix Java plugin. How do they work together? That is something I want to understand going forward, my expectations of interaction between the two. Are behaviors applied from both, or is there an order of precedence between them?

Hopefully that makes sense, wanting to know how they work together.

Thanks

• This topic was modified 5 years, 11 months ago by Scott Esker.
    #589033 Reply

support-swapna

Scott,

Thank you for asking. I have escalated this query to the dev team and they will get back to you soon on how the CodeMix integration works.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#589059 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Scott,

We recommend sticking with the Java editor and support (validation, build, debug, etc.) that’s part of Eclipse – Eclipse’s Java tooling (via JDT) is simply excellent! In fact, the VS Code Java extension is actually based on Eclipse’s JDT Language Server … so to start with, we’re interested in why you would want to install the VS Code Java extension in the first place.

Beyond this, there’s no actual interaction between the Java support coming from CodeMix and Eclipse’s JDT. You will see CodeMix validation / IntelliSense in effect when the CodeMix Java editor is active but otherwise, I believe you’ll see the Eclipse JDT take charge.

Let us know if you need additional details.

#589064 Reply

timwebb
    Keymaster

Scott, following on to what Brian shared, if you don’t actually mean to have the Java plugin installed for CodeMix but you had installed it for VS Code, in the Extension Manager you can click on the orange checkmark to disable to Java extension. This will allow you to keep using it in VS Code but disable any Java functionality in CodeMix.

#589117 Reply

Scott Esker
    Participant

Yeah – I figured as much. I think when I installed the CodeMix I can’t remember if there was a default set of plugins on not. I will disable the java extension, we are using most of the other technologies that came as “default” with it, Angular and others. I will disable it tomorrow when I get back to work. I was curious as to how the interactions worked with CodeMix.

Thanks for the info, I generally use the MyEclipse plugins when I work with anyway, I just hadn’t noticed I must have enabled it as a “pack” of plugins.

I’m really digging the things you have added since the last time I used MyEclipse, and will be more careful of the extensions that I enable.

Keep up the good work, its really nice to have all the options that Genuitec has added.

S

• This reply was modified 5 years, 11 months ago by Scott Esker.
    • This reply was modified 5 years, 11 months ago by Scott Esker.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: CodeMix plugin interaction with built in support, like for Java

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in