facebook

Codemix seems to override eclipse key shortcuts

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

rmmmm
    Participant

I’ve noticed that since a few days some shortcuts aren’t working anymore in Eclipse.Stuff like
    F3
    Ctrl+D
    maybe more.
    When I verified the shortcut lists in the settings I saw that codemix binds to those shortcuts (in older versions, codemix didn’t seem to do that, i’ve verified with an older eclipse installation).
    When I delete the shortcut binding to codemix, the shortcuts work again in all the other editors (like java, etc.). A short test showed that ctrl+D also works in the codemix vue editor, even after deleting the key binding to codemix.

In the screenshort you see the keybinding for f3 to codemix

• This topic was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by rmmmm.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #662442 Reply

support-swapna

Hi,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue with shortcuts.

In a regular install with CodeMix the keybindings just work as expected and they do not conflict with Eclipse shortcuts. The key bindings are applied based on the type of editor that is opened. I ran few tests on Eclipse 2020-06 with CodeMix and see no issues with the mentioned keybindings for a Java file.

Do you have any other third party plugins installed which could conflict with the key bindings? Please share with us the list of installed plugins to help us investigate further.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#662443 Reply

rmmmm
    Participant

Meanwhile I’ve just deactivated all the keybinding for codemix, and everything’s working as it should.

Attached the plugins list. Is that the list you’ve wanted?
    This should be the same plugins as the ones in the old eclipse installation. The difference should only be that in the old instalation it’s also a old codemix version. In the keybinding settings it doesn’t show anything about codemix in the old installation.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Codemix seems to override eclipse key shortcuts

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in